PDA

View Full Version : Rain Gear

New to BC
11-20-2007, 10:05 AM
I am looking at buying a camo rainsuit, I would be spending about $200. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks
Kelly

MB_Boy
11-20-2007, 10:42 AM
As it is camo I assume it will be for hunting? If so.....are you going to be hiking or a lot of still hunting? It can get REALLY wet right out at the coast and on the island but if you are hiking a lot you need to take that into consideration as to what you are going to look at. Some of the heavy duty Helly Hansen gear (don't know about camo) is good stuff, but due to breathability I would not want to hike too far while wearing it.

ryanb
11-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Nothing beats gore-tex if you're moving. Personnaly, I wouldn't bother with camo, because it's usually goretex membrane covered in other stuff which makes it less effective. Just get some good gore-tex in a nice neutral earth tone.

huntermike
11-20-2007, 01:23 PM
I like the helly hansen rain gear,but i dont think it comes in cammo.

Scobo
11-20-2007, 04:38 PM
I 2nd MB Boy. If you are not hiking far/hard then go with rubber (my only option for up north) but if hiking you need something that will breath. I have a pretty cheap Viking rubber set from army navy that i can sit in the rain for at least 7 days straight and probably longer and be bone dry but if i am hiking the sweat is just as bad as the rain in the long run.

Caveman
11-20-2007, 05:23 PM
I've got a set of Rocky's waterproof/scent eliminator gear and use it outside of raining as well and it works great. I haven't got wet yet and it breathes well. Cost about $300 for the pants and jacket. It is now two or three years old and is quiet in the trees as well.

Wildman
11-20-2007, 07:45 PM
I work in forestry, I used to be outside every day hiking through the bush. Climbing over windfall, pounding through salal and huckleberry. The gortex stuff, here on the coast, doesn't work. I like the Helly Hansen rubberized stuff. It doesn't come in a camo pattern but you can get it in a dark oliveish green clour. The jacket and pants will run you about $65 each.

BlacktailStalker
11-20-2007, 07:52 PM
Save your $ and look into Sitka Gear, in the mothwing mimicry.
Best camo, underlayers and waterproof hunting gear you'll ever buy.
I've bought it all and wouldnt return a single item if I could.

http://www.sitkagear.com/