PDA

View Full Version : a couple northern bucks

willyqbc
11-19-2007, 11:37 AM
Well we went on a week long mulie/whitey hunt up north and had some success but overall the hunting was pretty tough compared to what it normally is. I would say the reported winterkill definately had some effect....seemed to effect the whiteys more than the mulies where we were hunting. Hearing the reports of the bad winter we had decided in advance that our standards would be a little lower than in previous years so we didn't hold out for the real crankers, but did allright anyway. We each took a mule deer, I took the guy in the first picture and Tank took the buck in the second picture. Tank's Dad also took a nice mulie but the picture doesn't want to upload from my computer for some reason (stupid dial-up internet!!!)

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/chris_2007_buck_small_pic_.jpg

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/james_2007_buck_small_pic_.jpg

Both these bucks grossed within an inch on either side of the 150 mark and both netted around 140 (rough scores).
With the mulies tagged up we spent a lot of time hoofing through the bush in spots that usually held lots of whiteys but came up with very few sightings, in fact we were finding very little sign of any kind. I had my crosshairs on one whitey buck but he just would not turn his head to allow me to count points. I also saw one real nice 5 point whitey but he was on a property where we didn't have permission so I had to let him walk....that one hurt!!! The moose sightings we're quite low this year as well. We we're pleased to get our mulies but it would have been nice to get on a few more whiteys...oh well, maybe next year.
Time to put the missus on a doe to fill her draw and start hitting the fir hillsides around home and see if I can pick up a decent buck here to help with the freezer filling.

Chris

Orangethunder
11-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Nice bucks guys, I like how the top one carries its mass.

Congrats!

Freshtracks
11-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Well done Chris .... congrats.

todbartell
11-19-2007, 02:00 PM
nice job jello beard!

BCrams
11-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Nice bucks there ! Congrats.

hunter1947
11-19-2007, 02:29 PM
I'm getting jellos of all these bucks being put up on the sight ,nice buck ,i love the darkness of the antlers ,congrats.

Thunderstix
11-19-2007, 03:25 PM
Oh yeah! Those are very nice bucks! My first mulie is next on my agebday1. Oh my gosh, can you believe the word at the end of the last sentence was supposed to say agenda?:redface::biggrin:

threedhunter
11-19-2007, 03:29 PM
nice bucks chris and tank, good mass and height.:biggrin:

BlacktailStalker
11-19-2007, 05:30 PM
Yep nice bucks, congrats.

jrjonesy
11-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Great bucks! I was hunting with my brother in Hinton Alberta earlier in the year and he's noticed (along with many other hunters and Co's he's talked to) that there was definitely significant winter kill last year up there.

3kills
11-19-2007, 06:33 PM
Oh yeah! Those are very nice bucks! My first mulie is next on my agebday1. Oh my gosh, can you believe the word at the end of the last sentence was supposed to say agenda?:redface::biggrin:

i couldnt tell what the hell u were tryin to say till i read ur second sentence...

nice buck chris....

daycort
11-19-2007, 06:41 PM

I LMAO to. I thought he was going for a big mule deer on his next birthday. Good stuff alaround.

Derek_Erickson
11-19-2007, 07:34 PM
Ah nice going congrats guys

1/2 slam
11-19-2007, 07:40 PM
Nice bucks....well done

5 spike
11-19-2007, 07:45 PM
nice bucks nice mass,congrats to all of you.

LeverActionJunkie
11-19-2007, 11:32 PM
Nice bucks boys. This is the first year I almost regret not holding out for a bigger buck, like always I dropped the first mature two point I found. Lots of nice bucks killed this year.