PDA

View Full Version : Govt lies about moose hunting in Peace

HappyJack
03-25-2022, 06:04 AM
It seems the Blueberry band had no hand in this plan, wondering if the BCWF or someone else will apply for an injunction to stop the proposed changes???

https://www.alaskahighwaynews.ca/fort-st-john/we-have-no-agreement-blueberry-river-first-nations-speaks-out-against-proposed-hunting-closures-5196702?fbclid=IwAR22VajcQMqEn28vEUFK8XweT0ylOkgeE vM_6bBLFoahzIjXUYr7QSxykpE

Citori54
03-25-2022, 07:14 AM
Oh Happy Jack, this can't be right. When has the government ever lied to us?

HappyJack
03-25-2022, 08:25 AM

So what is the truth? They hate hunters? They found out all their aerial spraying is killing all the moose? There must be some logical reason, or there should be???

Citori54
03-25-2022, 09:02 AM
Unfortunately logic and government are mutually exclusive terms. With this NDP government who the hell knows the rationale for their decisions. No different than the last time they were in power in the 90's, they are taking their direction from their radical environmental friends. If they had their way all hunting would end and we would live off granola and alfalfa sprouts.

weatherbyjunkie
03-25-2022, 09:07 AM
I forwarded that article to my MLA. I also had a 30 minute in person meeting with her yesterday. She seemed receptive and said it will be raised by her(reading of all the letters she's received etc) when legislature resumes Monday. She also agreed that before BC resident harvest quotas are slashed that Guide Outfitters should have their quotas cut first as they are catering to non-residents. The best thing we can all do as BC residents and hunters is take the time to WRITE YOUR MLA. FORWARD BCWF INFO. FORWARD A LINK TO THE HUNTING REGS SYNOPSIS(these are politicians most have no clue, more info they get the better), CALL YOUR MLA-THEY WILL SPEAK WITH YOU OR MEET IN PERSON.

Lets do this, as a group we have a voice, and as they say.... SQUEAKY WHEEL GETS THE GREASE

cheers

huntcoop
03-25-2022, 09:18 AM

Oh Citori54, this can't be right. When has the Indian Bands ever lied to us?

IronNoggin
03-25-2022, 11:14 AM
Things that make you go Hmmmmm...

‘We have no agreement’: Blueberry River First Nations speaks out against proposed hunting closures

Blueberry River First Nations Chief Judy Desjarlais says her community had no involvement with the province’s proposal to cut the number of moose that can be harvested in Northeast B.C.

Blueberry River First Nations Chief Judy Desjarlais says her community had no involvement with the province’s proposal to cut the number of moose that can be harvested in Northeast B.C.

“We have no agreement in regards to that decision by the province, what they’ve decided to do, regarding the funding,” said Desjarlais. “That was their own action, it had nothing to do with Blueberry, because we have not reached any agreement with the province, especially with the wildlife impact pertaining to the treaty rights litigation.”

She added that the nation remains at the negotiating table, following their legal victory last summer in winning a cumulative impacts claim against the province.

“We’re working with the province to make it clear that Blueberry had no hand in their decision when it comes to reducing the number of moose hunted,” Desjarlais said.

Under the new terms, caribou hunts would be closed permanently in the Peace Region, while the number of killable number of moose would be slashed to 50%, in addition to cutting the number of hunting licenses available to 50%.

Moose hunting would also be closed from Aug. 15 to 31, and Oct. 1 to 15 in the Peace.

According to a regulation release earlier this month by the province, the hunting changes are expected to be an interim measure and one part of a broader package of actions specific to improving wildlife stewardship, upholding Treaty rights, habitat conservation, and the future of resource management.

“These proposed hunting regulations are aimed at addressing the ability of Treaty 8 First Nations to continue their way of life and begin to address the impacts of industrial development of the rights guaranteed in this Treaty as confirmed in the Supreme Court of BC decision Yahey vs. BC,” reads the release.

Desjarlais said she’s unable to comment on what Blueberry wants to see for moose and caribou management as they remain at the negotiating table with the province.

“We’re still at the table, but first and foremost we would like our Treaty rights protected. As you know from past posts, Treaty rights have been breached when it comes to impacts by development,” said Desjarlais. “The result of that is that is there was a threat to our way of life, which is hunting, fishing, and trapping.”

https://www.alaskahighwaynews.ca/fort-st-john/we-have-no-agreement-blueberry-river-first-nations-speaks-out-against-proposed-hunting-closures-5196702

And from this article: https://energeticcity.ca/2022/03/24/141117/

South Peace MLA Mike Bernier spoke with Energeticcity last week and said he’s concerned the province is creating a racial divide in the Peace with their proposed moose and caribou hunting restrictions.

Bernier believes that the government’s decision is based solely on politics.

“My fear is, and what I’m starting to hear, is that the government is actually creating and continually creating almost a racial divide here. I feel very bad for the First Nations in our region who are being caught in the middle because the government’s making announcements without talking to people without talking to all of the stakeholders and all of the different clubs,” Bernier said.

“The challenge there is I’m even hearing from a lot of First Nations locally that are contacting me kind of off the record saying they are getting very frustrated with the government trying to put them in the middle of this.”

Minister of Forests Katrine Conroy rebuked Bernier’s comments and says the regulations are an attempt to create a better future for everyone residing in the Peace.

“Mr. Bernier’s attempts to stoke racial divides are disturbing and frankly represent an outdated approach. In 2019, all members of the B.C. legislature stood together to support enshrining the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples into law. Our government remains dedicated to living up to that commitment,” Conroy said.

“Our goal is to bring communities together, not divide them. It’s important to remember that these conversations are focused on addressing the ability of Treaty 8 First Nations to continue their way of life and the impacts of industrial development on their rights,” Conroy said.

Conroy says she has personally met with B.C.’s hunting community members to ensure their views are heard as part of this process.

.................................................. .........

Odd that Conroy won't answer any letters or emails, but has the gall to insist she "has personally met with BC's hunting community members". I call BS on that!

Not at all surprising she trotted out the race card. Somewhat ironic of her considering what she is in the process of promoting...

Nog

358mag
03-25-2022, 02:24 PM
But But , the NDP never lies to us hard working tax payer , just ask any union member they will set you straight .

adriaticum
03-25-2022, 02:25 PM
Hey look at it this way.
FNs don't agree with it nor do we.
Maybe we finally agree on something with the FN.
The question is where is this "plan" coming from?

IronNoggin
03-25-2022, 02:39 PM
Proposed changes to moose hunt not being welcomed

A wave of opposition over a proposal by the provincial government to cut the number of moose that can be harvested in Northeast B.C. is gaining steam.

“Honest to goodness, there has not been a bigger issue that has come across my desk. This is even bigger than Covid,” says North Peace MLA Dan Davies. “The number of calls we’ve received in this office. The emails. I think we’re well over a thousand emails alone,” and that’s from across the province, states Davies.

“This (government decision) is impacting families. Families are that are living off the land, teaching their children to live off the land and being environmental stewards.”

“People are definitely concerned with the lack of consultation. They feel like it’s just being thrown at them,” says Szoo, an avid hunter, who’s also sat in on several public advisory committee meetings. “Something that also has to be cleared up, this is something that is not being asked for by First Nations. This is purely government. There is no user group that has asked for this.”

“Let’s be frank, this is not about the science,” reiterates the area’s MLA. “I was just on a call with FLNRO (Ministry of Forests, Lands, and Natural Resources Operations) who said this is not about the science. It’s a social science decision, and we know that.

https://www.alaskahighwaynews.ca/fort-st-john/proposed-changes-to-moose-hunt-not-being-welcomed-5190390

dino
03-25-2022, 02:48 PM
It seems the Blueberry band had no hand in this plan, wondering if the BCWF or someone else will apply for an injunction to stop the proposed changes???

https://www.alaskahighwaynews.ca/fort-st-john/we-have-no-agreement-blueberry-river-first-nations-speaks-out-against-proposed-hunting-closures-5196702?fbclid=IwAR22VajcQMqEn28vEUFK8XweT0ylOkgeE vM_6bBLFoahzIjXUYr7QSxykpE

Lol and they also say vaccines beat covid.

horshur
03-25-2022, 03:07 PM
I doubt they were lying..really same sort of deal with old growth..first nations wanted a change and government changed..now after looking at it and seeing the consequences they are not for it.(60% of AAC)Currently anyone who wishes to be involved in politics must have a mental illness. There is no equitable solution to any of this...anyone who thinks differently is insane!

Bugle M In
03-25-2022, 05:09 PM
I doubt they were lying..really same sort of deal with old growth..first nations wanted a change and government changed..now after looking at it and seeing the consequences they are not for it.(60% of AAC)Currently anyone who wishes to be involved in politics must have a mental illness. There is no equitable solution to any of this...anyone who thinks differently is insane!
I agree with you there!

DJK
03-25-2022, 05:28 PM
Just saw an Instagram post from The Hunter Conservationist stating that the Blueberry River FN chief received a death threat about the proposed moose hunting restrictions. If it's true, no good could come from that.

Fella
03-25-2022, 05:30 PM
Just saw an Instagram post from The Hunter Conservationist stating that the Blueberry River FN chief received a death threat about the proposed moose hunting restrictions. If it's true, no good could come from that.
This is horrible. As if relationships between FN’s and resident hunters needed another blow like this.

DJK
03-25-2022, 05:45 PM
Reported by the Alaska Highway News and Energetic city.ca. Apparently this is the voicemail:

“Hey Chief, a sad white man calling you. Trying to take away our moose? F**k you. F***ing line you up and scalp all you f***ers out there,” said the man in the voicemail.

I don't believe any actual hunter out there would open with that first sentence, which sorta begs the question; who would?

Ohwildwon
03-25-2022, 06:45 PM
Apparently death threats are happening towards the Blueberry Chief…

I say, what in bloody hell did you think would happen!:roll:

emerson
03-25-2022, 07:02 PM
It takes one Antifa/BLM etc. political instigator to leave a voicemail and suddenly all you idiots are swooning. You deserve the Canada that is coming soon.

Imdone
03-25-2022, 07:07 PM
Here we go, welcome to UNDRIP, I'll get the Popcorn

Redthies
03-25-2022, 08:18 PM
We all know that the UNDRIP influences are not welcome. We all know the NDP are ****-tards. We all know what WE want to see... SCIENCE BASED MANAGEMENT.

I stopped to let the Weims out for a pee between Princeton and Hedley a couple of weeks back, and an older guy rolls up to chat. He’s an Ashnola elder, and frankly, one of the most amazing humans I’ve chatted with in a VERY long time. You might have different opinions, but I have met some awesome FN people over the years. I hope their “love of the land” starts to eat through the government bullshit. I don’t care who I pay my license fee too, as long as I get to live and hunt and fish in a responsibly managed wilderness. The NDP sure as hell aren’t doing anything right...

IronNoggin
03-26-2022, 01:29 PM

Here's the article: https://energeticcity.ca/2022/03/25/blueberry-first-nation-chief-receives-death-threat-about-moose-hunting/

Shameful behavior. Just as shameful that some here lean towards supporting that kind of horse shit.

Nog

HappyJack
03-26-2022, 03:26 PM
Blueberry River First Nations Chief Judy Dejarlais received a death threat on Thursday, claiming Indigenous people are the reason for proposed moose hunting restrictions in the region.
In a Facebook post, Desjarlais shared the voicemail, which came from an unknown number and has been reported to police.
“Hey Chief, a sad white man calling you. Trying to take away our moose? F**k you. F***ing line you up and scalp all you f***ers out there,” said the man in the voicemail.

RayHill
03-26-2022, 09:57 PM
I know personally many FN people including some of the chiefs, from areas around the top of north east BC, all the way down to Prince George.

From my experiences knowing them they are extremely friendly, and generously sharing with what they have. They have treated me like a guest in their home and are some of the nicest people I have met.

I have had offers on multiple occasions to join them on hunting trips and other outdoor outings. I have learned more then I ever could on my own about BC history, from lessoning to their elders speak.

I have never hear one of them say that they were afraid I was going to hunt an area or kill off their moose. If anything they would help you out about where to go for good spots to check out, and were happy for me or anyone they saw who had a successful hunt.

HappyJack
03-27-2022, 06:13 AM
Reported by the Alaska Highway News and Energetic city.ca. Apparently this is the voicemail:

I don't believe any actual hunter out there would open with that first sentence, which sorta begs the question; who would?

I can think of a couple of people that would do something like that, especially if they were in their cups. Where is Dewey anyway?

browningboy
03-27-2022, 07:01 AM
Blueberry River First Nations Chief Judy Dejarlais received a death threat on Thursday, claiming Indigenous people are the reason for proposed moose hunting restrictions in the region.
In a Facebook post, Desjarlais shared the voicemail, which came from an unknown number and has been reported to police.

Im sorry but that message sounds staged, scalp you? Obviously can’t prove it but just sounds staged to me to have back lash from wokes against whites.

KodiakHntr
03-27-2022, 07:48 AM
Staged? Probably not. FSJ is still a pretty rough town.
And don’t forget, it isn’t just moose…. A LOT of people have lost work over this decision (on a magnitude that most don’t even grasp if you don’t live here) already as the government won’t issue any permits for oil and gas or forestry. Lose 75% of your work overnight, 75% of your employees, sell 75% of your iron at the auction, and now have the government slash an open season to LEH? People openly express that opinion in town at the gas station and restaurants.

Bugle M In
03-27-2022, 11:22 AM
I can think of a couple of people that would do something like that, especially if they were in their cups. Where is Dewey anyway?
Yup, I can see it happening come a few drinks.
I can understand that frustration lies just beneath the skin these days for many.

high horse Hal
01-20-2023, 02:12 PM
NEWS

excerpts

A First Nation in B.C.'s northeastern region has reached an agreement (https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2023WLRS0004-000043) with the province to protect wildlife, forest and land resources and share revenue from oil and gas development.
The deal comes following a 2021 court ruling, which found the provincial government infringed on Blueberry River First Nations' Treaty 8 rights because the province allowed development including forestry and natural gas development without the community's approval.
The court heard more than 84 per cent of the nation's territory is within 500 metres of an industrial disturbance.
B.C. Premier David Eby announced the agreement at a news conference held with the Blueberry River First Nations at the Prince George Native Friendship Centre on Wednesday afternoon.

Desjarlais said the agreement signifies a new approach for government and business to work alongside First Nations.
"For a long time, First Nations were put aside, not engaged with or listen to," she said.
"Today marks a new direction. First Nations will be participants in all stages of development. Blueberry now has a say every step of the way."
'Negotiation rather than litigation'

Premier David Eby said the agreement is a way to move ahead. He said it creates momentum for future land use planning agreements and is an important precedent in the province.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-agreement-natural-resource-development-blueberry-first-nations-1.6718204

high horse Hal
01-20-2023, 02:13 PM
wondering if BC Hunters right to hunt was any small part of this new arrangement

What say The 'Alliance' ?

IronNoggin
01-20-2023, 02:47 PM
Premier David Eby said the agreement is a way to move ahead. He said it creates momentum for future land use planning agreements and is an important precedent in the province.

Translation: Place your head firmly between your knees...

ElectricDyck
01-20-2023, 04:50 PM
"wildlife co-management efforts, including moose management through licensed hunter restrictions to support population recovery."

hawk-i
01-20-2023, 04:53 PM
Is it the Elected chief who have no agreement or the Hereditary chiefs?

TheObserver
01-20-2023, 05:39 PM
"wildlife co-management efforts, including moose management through licensed hunter restrictions to support population recovery."

I might be moving up to the Peace next year or the year after, this is one reason why I would be reluctant though. But of course they will continue with their agenda and eventually it will spread to every region and species.

Sitkaspruce
01-20-2023, 06:51 PM
Buckle up, this is just the start of a very slippery slope that there will be no return....

We were just told today that the REST of Treaty 8 will be settled in the next couple weeks..... Bands that never went to court, never sued the Government, yet will now receive a settlement.

I fully agree with the court decision about the rape and pillage of the land by all users, but now we will all pay for it and so will our kids and grand kids. The bad thing, is that the companies who profited the most; oil and gas and forestry, will not be paying a thing......

Alberta Treaty 8 are already lining up to the trough in Alberta and the McLeod FN are now next up to the trough as they have already started negotiations.

Cheers

SS

eric
01-20-2023, 07:56 PM
We as Hunters are screwed in this province...
Nowhere to move to though, it will be this way in every province moving forward

TheObserver
01-20-2023, 08:08 PM
We as Hunters are screwed in this province...
Nowhere to move to though, it will be this way in every province moving forward

The only way around it is pushback, examples being cutting gates if they start to gate everything, using the 2021 synopsis before the closures. There would need to be large numbers that would take part so they get overwhelmed and they have no choice but to backpeddal.

high horse Hal
01-25-2023, 12:50 PM
https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/407391/B-C-announces-cumulative-impact-agreements-with-Treaty-8-First-Nations

"The province also anticipates the First Nations will share more than $200 million in royalty revenues from oil and gas development this year. Further negotiations will set out a new fiscal framework for revenue sharing with the bands."

"Meanwhile, the province has also committed to protecting another 250,000 hectares for land conservation to address the nations’ various interests for caribou recover, water quality, wildlife management, and cultural practices."

"The province has also committed to developing plans to eliminate aerial herbicide use, supporting cultural land burning, and creating a regional wildlife working group with the nations and stakeholders to monitor animal populations, predators, and hunting regulations.

J_T
01-25-2023, 01:40 PM
The only way around it is pushback, examples being cutting gates if they start to gate everything, using the 2021 synopsis before the closures. There would need to be large numbers that would take part so they get overwhelmed and they have no choice but to backpeddal.

I know pipe dream lol
When the process is about creating fear -through loss- and then identifying someone to blame for it, the end result is never as good as it might be.
Change is inevitable. It's unfortunate some people who have been impacted resort to undermining and inflaming the relationship.

There are a lot of people, as most of you know, working to minimize the impact of these new land use decisions. This isn't just about the NDP. The provincial Liberals are largely on board with this as well.

Regional Wildlife Committees are being set up. The focus is on wildlife. NOT your opportunity to hunt. Science will tell us, hunting is not the reason wildlife populations trend down, but the lack of refrain toward inflammatory comments by some in the hunting community definitely does not help. When populations reach target objectives, we can discuss how to divide the pie.

Activities on the land, will be different going forward. Accept it. The new old growth strategy is an example. Let's work to do the best we can at controlling the outcome. We do need to have modified harvest practices with our logging industry. We do need to modify how we utilize the backcountry. From an industrial and recreational perspective. Eco-tourism, helicopter flights (over goat range), sleds in the winter, ORV's in the dry season. All displace wildlife. If we care about wildlife....

No one user group should be disallowed access, but we should become more aware of the impact of our footprint and presence in an area.

Regardless of the current decisions and political ebb and flow, there are people who are working their assess off to ensure a future for wildlife and a future for nature with us in it. The Federal Nature Agreement is coming...

Being positional and stubborn, demanding a return to what used to be, is not going to accomplish anything positive. Let's work to acknowledge reconciliation, discuss our human footprint, monitor mechanized disturbance, introduce burn management and find modifications to our approach on the land that can be more acceptable. And ensure a future.

TheObserver
01-25-2023, 07:22 PM
When the process is about creating fear -through loss- and then identifying someone to blame for it, the end result is never as good as it might be.
Change is inevitable. It's unfortunate some people who have been impacted resort to undermining and inflaming the relationship.

There are a lot of people, as most of you know, working to minimize the impact of these new land use decisions. This isn't just about the NDP. The provincial Liberals are largely on board with this as well.

Regional Wildlife Committees are being set up. The focus is on wildlife. NOT your opportunity to hunt. Science will tell us, hunting is not the reason wildlife populations trend down, but the lack of refrain toward inflammatory comments by some in the hunting community definitely does not help. When populations reach target objectives, we can discuss how to divide the pie.

Activities on the land, will be different going forward. Accept it. The new old growth strategy is an example. Let's work to do the best we can at controlling the outcome. We do need to have modified harvest practices with our logging industry. We do need to modify how we utilize the backcountry. From an industrial and recreational perspective. Eco-tourism, helicopter flights (over goat range), sleds in the winter, ORV's in the dry season. All displace wildlife. If we care about wildlife....

No one user group should be disallowed access, but we should become more aware of the impact of our footprint and presence in an area.

Regardless of the current decisions and political ebb and flow, there are people who are working their assess off to ensure a future for wildlife and a future for nature with us in it. The Federal Nature Agreement is coming...

Being positional and stubborn, demanding a return to what used to be, is not going to accomplish anything positive. Let's work to acknowledge reconciliation, discuss our human footprint, monitor mechanized disturbance, introduce burn management and find modifications to our approach on the land that can be more acceptable. And ensure a future.

Not only are we not on the same page, but we're not even in the same book on this lol.

J_T
01-26-2023, 08:17 AM
Not only are we not on the same page, but we're not even in the same book on this lol. Help me understand more about your perspective and what you see as a logical solution. How involved are you in current Government strategy and policy thinking? I'm not clear on your primary objective.
Thanks

Onesock
01-26-2023, 08:30 AM
I dont think any hunters are willing to accept the loss of our hunting rightswithout a fight. I dont think gun owners are willing to accept the loss of their guns. The govt will take everything we have if we do not stand up and fight for our rights. If we do not fight back the govt will think we dont care and just keep taking from us.

TheObserver
01-26-2023, 10:06 AM
My perspective is I did not trust the government before 2020, and after the last 3 years I will actively do what I can to not help them in any way and I will never bat an eye of an ounce of trust their way ever again. I also vehemently do not trust the indian territories and governments whether hereditary or planted chiefs, I have friends who are Indians and live on reserves and they tell me about the corruption and conditions. Basically what is going on with undrip and indian stewardship is they are going to be used as pawns for the state and organizations like the united nations creating massive division in the process at the behest of the indians considering on the grand scale they are so few in numbers, when really we should be banding together because they will lose their rights as well after some time and as the definition of indigenous gets changed as it already has from previous label aboriginal by the government and UN. Both me, and also my friends who you could say are somewhat on the inside have drawn the same conclusions. My primary objective is for me and other Canadians to be able to legally Hunt and have access to the land that my great grandparents and grandparents fought for and I am eronomously taxed for.

You have to understand that many many many Men have zero trust or patience with a lot of the governments plans at this point. The writing is on the wall they don't want you fending for yourself, definitely don't want you and your family eating healthy and being strong and smart, and they definitely definitely do not want you having the means to defend yourself.

This rosy facade of "this is how things are going to go in the future" is not realistic as nobody knows exactly how things will play out, as you may be aware there are major events going on in the world right now and from what I understand this country may be headed into another great depression or even an economic collapse so who really knows whats in store, events like this may throw some wrenches in the "plans".

Like were done dude, they can only push people so far.

That's my take.

Darksith
01-26-2023, 11:44 AM

Facts as I know them...
Blueberry took the government to the supreme court and claimed that their hunting heritage was being infringed upon by big industry changing the landscape (oil and gas not restoring well sites and cutting seismic lines). Government argued that was not the case. Government lost. So their reaction was to remove hunting competition hoping that would satisfy the FN's rather than imposing regulations and forcing industry to put the landscape back to original condition...

Otto1946
01-26-2023, 12:06 PM

I am right here, at home in Creston, B.C. I do not get into my cups and have not for nearly 40 years, various health issues, you see.

However, I am not surprised by your ignorant, inchoate comment, but, I have learned to expect such drivel from certain sources............

IronNoggin
01-26-2023, 01:25 PM
Facts as I know them...
Blueberry took the government to the supreme court and claimed that their hunting heritage was being infringed upon by big industry changing the landscape (oil and gas not restoring well sites and cutting seismic lines). Government argued that was not the case. Government lost. So their reaction was to remove hunting competition hoping that would satisfy the FN's rather than imposing regulations and forcing industry to put the landscape back to original condition...

Pretty much accurate.

Thank the NDP...

wetcoasthunter1
01-26-2023, 03:23 PM
On the seismic line thing, like the band doesn't take advantage of those lines for hunting and trapping access. I'd almost wager that their hunting and trapping ability INCREASED because they could get to more of the territory more efficiently.

Darksith
01-26-2023, 03:28 PM
On the seismic line thing, like the band doesn't take advantage of those lines for hunting and trapping access. I'd almost wager that their hunting and trapping ability INCREASED because they could get to more of the territory more efficiently.

part of the FN concern is these lines increased the mobility of predators which is entirely true. To be completely blunt in this situation, when the NDP did what they did the band said that's not what we wanted. They are trying to do whats best for the land which will benefit all of us, they never attempted to attack resident hunters or decrease competition/opportunity. This is 100% the NDP trying to skirt the real issue. The liberals were no better. Industry should be returning the land to its natural state. They are a big reason for the wolf over population across this province (all big resource industry) and they have been taking too many liberties with loop holes and what not for a long time...

We aren't always on opposite sides, we need to find common ground and work together to protect what we all love, consider to be our heritage and culture, we are all on the same team in this regard or we should be anyway...

If you aren't part of the solution then you are just an old man yelling at the clouds. Get involved, join a group, volunteer some time, donate some $...get in this fight with the rest of us.

snakeplain
01-26-2023, 03:30 PM
The government, the BC WF, the first nation groups, the Covid information officer from the government, oh yeah you can believe them all they’re really on your side, you people voted for this stuff and it’s coming down the pipe now, it will be a lot of fun for the normal society.

jamfarm
01-26-2023, 03:41 PM

That's exactly what I have thought about this whole thing, so much hunting access up north due to the seismic lines and roads that have been pushed through for gas & forestry.

Retiredguy
01-26-2023, 04:32 PM
Government...hmmm, what will it be NDP or Liberal? Quite frankly that is no choice at all based on the track record of both parties when it comes to our forests, and fish and wildlife. Now that everyone is so concerned about being "woke" and there has been a huge increase in trying to address the "reconciliation" issue with First Nations and meeting the "climate targets" they have agreed to, they are tripping over each other with the virtue signalling. Pathetic! Incompetence runs deep and we really need a new and improved Conservative Party in this province, because until then it will just be more and more of the same. They are killing our province on so many levels.

Otto1946
01-26-2023, 06:00 PM
Well said, we NEED a huge change in how government conducts business and soon!

ElectricDyck
01-26-2023, 06:15 PM
Government...hmmm, what will it be NDP or Liberal? Quite frankly that is no choice at all based on the track record of both parties when it comes to our forests, and fish and wildlife. Now that everyone is so concerned about being "woke" and there has been a huge increase in trying to address the "reconciliation" issue with First Nations and meeting the "climate targets" they have agreed to, they are tripping over each other with the virtue signalling. Pathetic! Incompetence runs deep and we really need a new and improved Conservative Party in this province, because until then it will just be more and more of the same. They are killing our province on so many levels.

The way BC votes who would vote for an improved Conservative Party? I think things will have to get a lot worse before we get a responsible government. In a nursing shortage we still won't let are un vaccinated nurses back to work and the majority of voters are ok with it lol

HappyJack
01-27-2023, 09:48 AM
I am right here, at home in Creston, B.C. I do not get into my cups and have not for nearly 40 years, various health issues, you see.

However, I am not surprised by your ignorant, inchoate comment, but, I have learned to expect such drivel from certain sources............

Glad to hear your doing well.

high horse Hal
01-27-2023, 11:00 AM
The way BC votes who would vote for an improved Conservative Party? I think things will have to get a lot worse before we get a responsible government. In a nursing shortage we still won't let are un vaccinated nurses back to work and the majority of voters are ok with it lol
No surprise when ?80+% of BC voters live in the LML/VI, and of them the voter turnout is ?25?%, its a pretty small voice
For the most part the myopic tax-paying baby-makers at the hub of the economy are pretty apathetic, just what Gov't likes
Election reform was another campaign promise forgotten, nobody cares

high horse Hal
01-27-2023, 11:02 AM
Well said, we NEED a huge change in how government conducts business and soon!for the 10% following, transparency would be a good start

J_T
01-27-2023, 11:10 AM
Regarding shifting land use priorities and initiatives, keeping wildlife at the forefront, I can't say I really see a difference between either Provincial party at this time. I believe their differences will align to completely separate issues. UNDRIP is forcing every jurisdiction to make significant changes.

I just got off a call with Ecuador where I hope to be working shortly and they are currently developing "Free prior and informed Consent" (UNDRIP) legislation. Which changes the relationship between rural communities and industrial activity.

When it comes to rural issues in BC, our urban politicians and voters are not well informed.

Work with what we have. Very few on here are prepared to put in the effort to steer and/or change what we don't agree with.