PDA

View Full Version : Big sky taxidermy experiences please

Huntingtyler123
03-24-2022, 02:47 PM
Long story short. Seems my friends are getting ****ed around with there bear rugs. Want to see if they are scamming people or not on here. Changing agreed upon pricing, not telling customers where their business is located. Telling people to pay in full then discuss pick up dates in person without seeing product before hand. Seems very fishy. Emails being mixed up with different customers as well , seem desperate for money. Hard not to bash this company but they aren’t making it easy by acting this way. Anyone dealt with them

Muledeercrazy2
03-24-2022, 03:16 PM
He was operating out of Steve Rutherfords shop, so i am sure Steve will stand behind everything as he has a good reputation. At least i would hope so.

Muledeercrazy2
03-24-2022, 03:22 PM
Does anyone have contact info for Steve Rutherford? Is he still working? Thanks

Huntingtyler123
03-24-2022, 03:27 PM
I have his contact info. Steve is amazing and I stand behind his work. Didn’t realize he was operating out of his shop

Muledeercrazy2
03-24-2022, 03:34 PM
Yeah I didn’t know Steve but he had been recommended to me, and didn’t even realize he wasn’t the one doing my bear until after i dropped it off. Roy (Big Sky) has seemed good but I will have to see the final results. I was told around 1800 and extra for the skull to be cleaned. I think my total is around 2400 with tax, so not terrible. The bear was 6.5’ so im hoping it ended up around 6’, he didn’t send me a breakdown of cost per’ and taxes.

Huntingtyler123
03-24-2022, 03:41 PM
I don’t want to start shit and rag on a company by any means and wasn’t trying too do that. Just getting lots of claims of similar situations to multiple customers. Didn’t realize he took over the Ruthersford. Will never knock Steve , had amazing results with him and stand up guy. So I don’t know what’s happening with new owners.

Muledeercrazy2
03-24-2022, 03:47 PM
Yeah, all I know is I dropped my bear skin off with both of them, and picked up the skull there (Rutherfords) as well. But apparently he isn’t working out of Steves place anymore and i did get a message about him only being in WL for a week next month and having to schedule pick up then. So that was a bit concerning.

Muledeercrazy2
03-24-2022, 05:29 PM
I think maybe its just the wording of the messages around the pick up that’s concerning. I am going to see if he will ship mine and can let you know how it works out. I waited a long time to get a rug done so I will be very excited to see it. Im also impressed the rug is done so quickly, less than a year is pretty good.