PDA

View Full Version : Is this the Ultimate Argo?

hawk-i
03-24-2022, 09:58 AM
https://argoxtv.com/ca/vehicles/sherp-product-a

MRP
03-24-2022, 10:07 AM
You get one and I’ll let you park it at my place for free. Just make sure that the tank is full.

hawk-i
03-24-2022, 10:47 AM
Yeah only about 140,000.00 lol

notyalc
03-24-2022, 11:57 AM
There’s a guy in Saskatchewan that has a YouTube channel and he rocks a few of those. They go everywhere.

hawk-i
03-25-2022, 08:36 AM
Wow !!! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ahite-iFfE

Keta1969
03-25-2022, 09:14 AM
Just what we need, another machine to rip up sensitive wildlife habitat.

hawk-i
03-25-2022, 10:07 AM
Just what we need, another machine to rip up sensitive wildlife habitat.

LOL, you do realize we have 1.2 Billion Acres of boreal forest in Canada.

This vid wasn't filmed on Vancouver Island.

Keta1969
03-25-2022, 10:42 AM
So what? Keep at er, have fun. So when do you quit? 1 billion acres, 500,000 million? What's acceptable? Build a track and have your fun but leave the sensitive habitat alone. And guys will be bitching when more atv closures come in.

Browning 3\d
03-25-2022, 11:55 AM
Just what we we need another DAM animal chaser back up to the high country so they get caught in the snow. Get off your ass and WALK

Huntingtyler123
03-25-2022, 12:31 PM
Ultimate Argo is called a geo tracker ;)

hawk-i
03-25-2022, 12:54 PM
LOL, I sure don't see many guys walking when the lower mainland hunters flock into region 6 and 7.

Tough crowd here today :)

Blockcaver
03-25-2022, 01:07 PM
Russian built....are parts available? Or at least they make a Sherp that looks identical. Saw them at MineExpo in Las Vegas a few years back. Selling them for exploration.

Treed
03-25-2022, 01:08 PM
We screw enough places up, we don’t need more ways of doing. If people were responsible, it wouldn’t be an issue but there are enough knobs out there who would head out and trash wetlands and alpine because they are too lazy to walk.

hawk-i
03-25-2022, 01:39 PM
We screw enough places up, we don’t need more ways of doing. If people were responsible, it wouldn’t be an issue but there are enough knobs out there who would head out and trash wetlands and alpine because they are too lazy to walk.

To add to your comment, there are many people without the physical ability to pack a camp in 10 or 15 miles to remote areas or to pack out a moose those same distances.

If we all stayed young forever your comments might hold some merit. However that's not a reality now, is it?

Climb angle is 30 degrees on this unit, doubt you will see any in the alpine.

Anyways, I think we all have a right to hunt using whatever equipment we so choose as long as its legal. ( lol, except trail cameras )

Lazy has not much to do with using a unit like this to access areas. :)

hawk-i
03-25-2022, 01:40 PM
Russian built....are parts available? Or at least they make a Sherp that looks identical. Saw them at MineExpo in Las Vegas a few years back. Selling them for exploration.

I see they are being sold under the Argo name so most likely parts and service is available but I haven't check into that.

Keta1969
03-25-2022, 02:19 PM
To add to your comment, there are many people without the physical ability to pack a camp in 10 or 15 miles to remote areas or to pack out a moose those same distances.

If we all stayed young forever your comments might hold some merit. However that's not a reality now, is it?

Climb angle is 30 degrees on this unit, doubt you will see any in the alpine.

Anyways, I think we all have a right to hunt using whatever equipment we so choose as long as its legal. ( lol, except trail cameras )

Lazy has not much to do with using a unit like this to access areas. :)

As someone who is on the further end of life's tape measure I don't like this argument. Physical ability or age should not be an excuse for habitat destruction. I had my time and still enjoy hunting but have adapted my methods as I've gotten older to the realities of my abilities. I could still hike in as far as I used to but the pack out would be quite the adventure. There are exemptions in the regs for those with disabilities. We should all be working to protect habitat so that those that follow in our footsteps can enjoy what we did.

Treed
03-25-2022, 05:04 PM
My feelings exactly. Im no spring chicken and I won’t be doing a 2 week hike in sheep hunt anytime in my future. My deer packout last year was fricking hard. Hard enough that I probably won’t go back there alone again. 7 years ago my packout from the same location was ok. I’m getting older and that’s just life. I accept it and the fact that I won’t be doing everything I used to, especially if the alternative if damaging the places I love. Cutting or bashing a quad trail into or through a sensitive ecosystem isn’t justified for the opportunity to go hunting.

TeeVee
03-25-2022, 08:59 PM
My feelings exactly. Im no spring chicken and I won’t be doing a 2 week hike in sheep hunt anytime in my future. My deer packout last year was fricking hard. Hard enough that I probably won’t go back there alone again. 7 years ago my packout from the same location was ok. I’m getting older and that’s just life. I accept it and the fact that I won’t be doing everything I used to, especially if the alternative if damaging the places I love. Cutting or bashing a quad trail into or through a sensitive ecosystem isn’t justified for the opportunity to go hunting.
Exactly the way I think, and if you can't walk much but still have to get out there what's wrong with a good horse?