PDA

View Full Version : LEH antlerless, REG 7B Who's goin north?

elkdom
11-18-2007, 09:23 PM
Just curious how many HBC members have LEH ELK in 7B and what time of the LEH season will you be heading up north? DEC is just around the corner, so far it's been a very mild November compared to last year this time! Snow as of today is only a couple of inches in Dawson Creek area, last year there was already close to TWO feet!, temps are mild -3,4, tonite -10 , so how many of you heading up for LEH elk??

brianscott
11-19-2007, 07:54 PM
Im pretty sure my dad has a leh antlerless up there,im sure he was talking about it. Do you have a place to hunt or are you going door knocking?
As far as I know we dont have a property to hunt yet but I am going to talk to the guys at Corlane and see if they have heard anything or know of someone who has elk on thier property.
Good Luck on your hunt!

elkdom
11-19-2007, 08:24 PM
[QUOTE=brianscott;208569]Im pretty sure my dad has a leh antlerless up there,im sure he was talking about it. Do you have a place to hunt or are you going door knocking?
]Brian, I live in DC area, 30 klms east, I just posted to get Idea how popular the late LEH elk season is , If I can help a bit , I'd be glad to ! I"M one of the lucky ones , taggedout ,6x6 bull last week of Sept, thanks, later...

Guido02
11-20-2007, 12:04 AM
See if you can get on the Hutterite land on old Alaska highway about Mile 25. Get in along Kiskatinaw river where it goes into the Peace. Two small herds of about 80 animals each that seem to move up and down that short valley. I think if you call Dan at the South Peace Colony at 250 719 5057 he may help you or direct you. I think he was the land manager for the colony and may grant you permission.

Straight shooting

brianscott
11-20-2007, 06:15 PM
Thank you for the info,any help with this is appreciated. I know the area a bit and have been up and down the Alaska Highway a few times.
Are there ay other areas that you know of to hunt?
I was up in Dawson Creek last year for the antlerless cull mainly because i didnt get to go deer hunting lastyear.
Im planning on three days in the DC area, hopefully it doesnt take that long, im glad I have relatives there because I imagine town will be nuts as usual.
Thank you for the help, and any more info is greatly appreciated

moose hunter
11-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Ill be up there and if anyone has any phone number from landowners in 7-20 who need some elk extermination please send em a phone number or an email.