PDA

View Full Version : LIBERAL ROUND TABLE TO DISCUSS HUNTING REGS in 7A

albee
03-18-2022, 10:25 AM
https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/proposed-hunting-regulations-virtual-roundtable-with-the-bc-liberal-caucus-tickets-298262881307

HappyJack
03-18-2022, 10:27 AM
I'd like to see that happen with the NDP MLAs, pretty hard to give the boneheads that are doing this a piece of your mind when all you have is opposition members in attendance.

IronNoggin
03-18-2022, 12:19 PM
Registered

Deadshot
03-18-2022, 04:16 PM
At least somebody's listening!

shadowhunter
03-18-2022, 04:47 PM
Registered, lets get voting!

Redthies
03-19-2022, 07:40 AM
Registered as well.

CheesyLimper
03-21-2022, 10:06 AM
Registered. This will be my first Zoom meeting :lol:

Bubbacanuck
03-21-2022, 10:09 AM
Registered.

Pharma
03-21-2022, 04:14 PM
Registered, will there be a comment period?

IronNoggin
03-30-2022, 11:17 AM
Registered, will there be a comment period?

Yes. You are encouraged to enter your name and they will call you into the show for your question / comments.

This is happening TONIGHT folks:

Proposed Hunting Regulations Virtual Roundtable with the BC Liberal Caucus

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/proposed-hunting-regulations-virtual-roundtable-with-the-bc-liberal-caucus-tickets-298262881307

Cheers,
Nog

Redthies
03-30-2022, 12:17 PM
I got the email with link, but it says to comment, enter your info in the “chat” section, which I don’t see. I presume it will become visible when the meeting starts? I’m not a Zoom expert...

Bugle M In
03-30-2022, 12:25 PM
Done……,,,.

Bubbacanuck
03-30-2022, 12:26 PM
I got the email with link, but it says to comment, enter your info in the “chat” section, which I don’t see. I presume it will become visible when the meeting starts? I’m not a Zoom expert...

Correct. Once the zoom meeting starts there is a chat icon that you can send messages within

Redthies
03-30-2022, 04:09 PM
Thanks Bubba!

walks with deer
03-30-2022, 05:31 PM
Waiting for host to let me in.

CheesyLimper
03-30-2022, 05:39 PM
Took a second to let me in too. I'm in now.

Waiting for host to let me in.

walks with deer
03-30-2022, 07:02 PM
Good job! Iron noggin and others on here.

We must unite!!!

rageous
03-30-2022, 07:11 PM
Remember this has nothing to do with Science.

All about appeasing you know who.

Some good points by a few.

IronNoggin
03-30-2022, 07:12 PM
Certainly seemed to me that they (BC Libs - Note Falcon missing) have no real battle plan.
GOABC certainly did appear to have our backs. Nice.

Not uber impressed with the former.
Pleased with the latter...

Nog

Redthies
03-30-2022, 07:17 PM
I just finished work so unfortunately missed it... At least some of you got to sit in.

walks with deer
03-30-2022, 07:18 PM
Hence why i was pushing follow up.john was clearly there stronger leader.

Redthies
03-30-2022, 07:20 PM
Who was there from the libs?

CheesyLimper
03-30-2022, 07:33 PM
I was happy to be a part of it, but seemed (with a few exceptions) to be an echo chamber of what we all feel. I felt John Rustad at least admitted the faults of his previous government and seemed prepared to work for what we want in the future. He at least SEEMED to have a realistic idea of what proper reconciliation should entail. Thanks Nog and all others from here that commented.

HappyJack
03-30-2022, 07:52 PM
What did you think of that one guys idea? Locals should be able to buy a moose tag for 7b but the rest of us should have to win an LEH??

rageous
03-30-2022, 07:58 PM
^Moron comes to mind

walks with deer
03-30-2022, 08:46 PM
Yes. You are encouraged to enter your name and they will call you into the show for your question / comments.

This is happening TONIGHT folks:

Proposed Hunting Regulations Virtual Roundtable with the BC Liberal Caucus

Cheers,
Nog

What did you think of that one guys idea? Locals should be able to buy a moose tag for 7b but the rest of us should have to win an LEH??

That idiot does not get it.. if we dont work toghether and push change all will loose... i asked him in the commentsbif he needed a soother and a pair of boots lol

Bugle M In
03-31-2022, 12:08 AM
That’s what I was trying to say a week ago.
I have been hearing more and more of this ideology coming from different hunting circles.
As the pie gets smaller. It’s human nature for some to start fighting for the scraps.
Does anyone think that if they manage to only include a small portion, an exclusive portion of hunters for this area or that area, that this will alleviate them from the chopping block a few years down the road?
May the group smaller, and eventually you become the big target remaining until they exclude you as well.
Dog eat dog mentality is what came to my mind during that.
I don’t know what else to add other than big eye rolls when I heard that.

IronNoggin
03-31-2022, 11:44 AM

Out to lunch. More division does not help.

Also found the comments from the FN fellow who shot the National Park critters a few years back off the mark as well.
He is not effected, but he was surely trying to get his licks in...

Nog

J_T
03-31-2022, 01:27 PM
My quick thoughts. There were some good points made. No question about it.
Moderator should have been much better prepared.
The Liberal Caucus were not well enough informed. They responded emotionally to comments made. Rather than trying to hear what was being said and talking out solutions. Everyone wanted their moment in the spotlight.

The overall agenda was confusing. Important for politicians to hear the discontent, the concern, the impacts to residents and the passion. There were many important concerns merged into a disorganized couple of hours. Treaty 8, access restrictions, closures, shift to LEH, Wildlife Act amendment (bill 14, sheltering). There was a couple of times where misinformation should have been corrected.

Residents and those working in the guiding industry presented good points. Overall I felt as some spoke and linked events that were not linked, it confused people more. Many spoke for to long and it detracted from what might have 'felt' like a more productive session.
I'm not sure residents, with Indigenous groups in attendance, represented themselves well.

I understand the passion. And the fear.

Livewire322
03-31-2022, 03:12 PM
I left shortly after the bozo suggested 7B residents should have exclusive rights above the rest of the province when it comes to getting to hunt moose in ‘their backyard’.

Between him and the lack of input from the MLAs, outside of “engage your local MLA, they won’t listen to us”, it started to seem like a poorly done group therapy session - lots of venting with no new ideas raised.
It likely wasn’t a reasonable expectation, but I at least hoped I’d hear some new idea from the MLAs…

rageous
03-31-2022, 03:12 PM
My quick thoughts. There were some good points made. No question about it.
Moderator should have been much better prepared.
The Liberal Caucus were not well enough informed. They responded emotionally to comments made. Rather than trying to hear what was being said and talking out solutions. Everyone wanted their moment in the spotlight.

The overall agenda was confusing. Important for politicians to hear the discontent, the concern, the impacts to residents and the passion. There were many important concerns merged into a disorganized couple of hours. Treaty 8, access restrictions, closures, shift to LEH, Wildlife Act amendment (bill 14, sheltering). There was a couple of times where misinformation should have been corrected.

Residents and those working in the guiding industry presented good points. Overall I felt as some spoke and linked events that were not linked, it confused people more. Many spoke for to long and it detracted from what might have 'felt' like a more productive session.
I'm not sure residents, with Indigenous groups in attendance, represented themselves well.

I understand the passion. And the fear.

Where can one find more info on this bill 14?

Livewire322
03-31-2022, 03:14 PM
Try Google - it should at least get you what it got me:
https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2022FLNRO0009-000316

Bugle M In
03-31-2022, 03:35 PM
What J-T said.
Pretty much summed it up.
Those from the political side were/are not well informed.
Thsts one of “the” biggest issues forever now.
Doesnt matter what party is in other than maybe a difference on the actual 7b issue.
We end up with ministers who really don’t know a thing.
And if we do get one in, they have to acknowledge the first step needed.
And thst is, we need to rebuild from the ground up.
Salvaging this system is not working.
And before you can rebuild, you have to “clean house first”!
Lots of people in there below who we elect need a kick to the curb, imo.
And let’s stop with all the politicking in politics.
Time for someone to wake up each morning and ask themselves what they can do today to make the habitat and wildlife situation improve,
That comes first.
Hunters, FN, GO, back country users and antis all have a second seat behind the real priority.
And they need to understand that virtually all the issues we face are not in the hunting arena alone.
Way less pencil pushing, way more action and money.
Anf I want all of the politicians to stop blowing sunshine up our asses and just start doing their real job!
Thats how I felt when the session ended!!!

Bugle M In
03-31-2022, 03:40 PM
It also reinforced what I have been thinking for a long time now.
And that is we need more hunters, who know a thing or 2, who can convey themselves well in the public spotlight running in politics.
If not, I think the end of the road is coming way sooner than many think.

Retiredguy
03-31-2022, 04:17 PM
It also reinforced what I have been thinking for a long time now.
And that is we need more hunters, who know a thing or 2, who can convey themselves well in the public spotlight running in politics.
If not, I think the end of the road is coming way sooner than many think.

I agree with you. The problem is that so many who have the knowledge and are well spoken, would rather have their left arm cut off than get into politics.

blueboy
03-31-2022, 05:08 PM
Never trust a liberal they are scumbags lying pieces of shit

blueboy
03-31-2022, 05:09 PM
Wake up u will own nothing and be happy

2chodi
03-31-2022, 05:20 PM

Bill 14

https://www.leg.bc.ca/parliamentary-business/legislation-debates-proceedings/42nd-parliament/3rd-session/bills/bills-with-hansard-debate

Bill 14 Hansard:

Starts at 4:45 There actually wasn't much debate on Bill 14 - more general wildlife issues and region 4 and 7B

Text: https://www.leg.bc.ca/documents-data/debate-transcripts/42nd-parliament/3rd-session/20220330pm-House-Blues

Video: http://videoarchive.leg.bc.ca/Harmony/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/0/0/11362?viewMode=3&mediastarttime=20220330132947&mediaendtime=20220330185942

IronNoggin
03-31-2022, 05:48 PM
Never trust a liberal they are scumbags lying pieces of shit

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/images/smilies/snapoutofit.gif

You are obviously confusing the BC "Liberal" party with that run by the Sock Puppet.

They are entirely different entities.

Nog

walks with deer
03-31-2022, 07:00 PM
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/images/smilies/snapoutofit.gif

You are obviously confusing the BC "Liberal" party with that run by the Sock Puppet.

They are entirely different entities.

Nog

Please explain how it works so people can make informed descions.

Bugle M In
03-31-2022, 08:01 PM
I agree with you. The problem is that so many who have the knowledge and are well spoken, would rather have their left arm cut off than get into politics.
Yes, absolutely correct.
It takes someone with a lot of energy and a ton of patience.