PDA

View Full Version : Indigenous Privilege in Peace 7B

Quince2
03-12-2022, 07:50 AM
So much for equality in Canada. Whats next deer? Elk?
Not only can you hunt when you want with status you are now the only ones that can hunt moose. 650 Leh for the entire north, what a joke. Oh wait, its not only for the local natives, they can also "shelter" other natives from anywhere to hunt as much as they want.

Nothing but Privilege here. For those going to call me a racist, read this and tell me this isnt the truth.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2022FLNRO0009-000316

browningboy
03-12-2022, 08:14 AM
I almost find it funny to be honest, the people seem to buy into anything the government tells them, then roll over and do it.. you won’t be hunting soon enough, in fact you’ll be lucky to even fish!

Thank your woke crowd.

Harvest the Land
03-12-2022, 08:39 AM
Its not just 7b, its everywhere thrpughout the entire province in all facets of life. Thanks to Horgan selling us all out to UNDRIP, 4.9% of the population will dictate public policy for 100% of the province. Its happening much faster now that the NDP specifically stated during their Budget release last month that "UNDRIP will be at the core" of everything their govt does.

And now many native bands are capitalizing on this power and this is only the begining. Last week i read that indigenous studies will now be mandatory learning for high schoolers in order to graduate beginning next year. The native band near Powell River is pushing the town to change its name even though Powell never even set foot in town. This province is in for a reckoning

(By the way Sitka already started a thread on this topic)

Redthies
03-12-2022, 08:44 AM
Luckily I “identify” as a FN princess. I will be happily hunting year round soon.

Arctic Lake
03-12-2022, 09:29 AM
I’m Sad !
Arctic Lake

wildcatter
03-12-2022, 10:14 AM
Its not just 7b, its everywhere thrpughout the entire province in all facets of life. Thanks to Horgan selling us all out to UNDRIP, 4.9% of the population will dictate public policy for 100% of the province. Its happening much faster now that the NDP specifically stated during their Budget release last month that "UNDRIP will be at the core" of everything their govt does.

And now many native bands are capitalizing on this power and this is only the begining. Last week i read that indigenous studies will now be mandatory learning for high schoolers in order to graduate beginning next year. The native band near Powell River is pushing the town to change its name even though Powell never even set foot in town. This province is in for a reckoning

(By the way Sitka already started a thread on this topic)

We need to get rid of this NDP government and deny ever come back.
Make all laws, orders they brought in null and void.
Kick the UN out for good.

REMINGTON JIM
03-12-2022, 10:28 AM
We need to get rid of this NDP government and deny ever come back.
Make all laws, orders they brought in null and void.
Kick the UN out for good.

Unfortunately that’s not gonna happen - maybe getting rid of the NDP will happen but the Indians are always gonna have there way and more .I said years ago they will take over the control of the F & W of bc and they are well on there way . Also will control all Rural lands too ! :shock: Within 5 years the Indians will control it all ! :twisted:Mark it on your calendar :cry: Sorry but it’s Happening ! RJ

browningboy
03-12-2022, 10:34 AM
Unfortunately that’s not gonna happen - maybe getting rid of the NDP will happen but the Indians are always gonna have there way and more .I said years ago they will take over the control of the F & W of bc and they are well on there way . Also will control all Rural lands too ! :shock: Within 5 years the Indians will control it all ! :twisted:Mark it on your calendar :cry: Sorry but it’s Happening ! RJ

100% correct, Jim nailed it

REMINGTON JIM
03-12-2022, 11:05 AM
Not only can you hunt when you want with status you are now the only ones that can hunt moose. 650 Leh for the entire north, what a joke. Oh wait, its not only for the local natives, they can also "shelter" other natives from anywhere to hunt as much as they want.

Nothing but Privilege here. For those going to call me a racist, read this and tell me this isnt the truth.

All True ! - The BC Indians are taking over the F & W dept of BC and soon will also Control the rural public lands we all hunt and fish on now ! we non indians are doomed here in BC and it will prob all happen with in the next 5 years as the NDP gov is on BORD with it all happening - YOU ndp voters need to relize your beloved ndp goverment is onside with the indians ! VERY SAD times a HEAD for the non indian hunting - trapping & fishing people ! :( jmo RJ

Hey did i mention any of this before now - YES i did ! " covid dino sad sack " - says i'm just a racist NO i'm NOT ! but i am a Real REALIST ! :smile: RJ

Downwindtracker2
03-12-2022, 11:28 AM
The problem goes back decades of government refusing to deal with the treaty questions. Since a lot of the governments in the 20 century were SoCred, I guess that is where the main blame lies. Their inaction allowed the courts to step in. Now the piper has to be paid. We ain't getting by with a few trinkets and blankets now.

REMINGTON JIM
03-12-2022, 11:38 AM
Both the Liberals and NDP are the REAL Problem ! The indians are only taking adavantage of a GOOD thing for them ! after ALL why would they CARE about us after all the MISTREATMENT the whites have given to them :roll: :confused: RJ

Arctic Lake
03-12-2022, 11:46 AM
I myself identify as a Non Racist and wait for it ……. BUT, The government speaks equality at the same time they are dividing us . I was born here , my parents were born here . Why am I going to be denied the rights afforded to others
Yes the native people of B.C. were here before me but what does that actually mean .
Arctic Lake

Downwindtracker2
03-12-2022, 12:07 PM
Most of the natives were born after me. I was born in BC and grew up in BC. I'm not dead yet so I can't add that. No doubt there have been reserves that have been stolen from the natives, but those are reserves.

IronNoggin
03-12-2022, 01:15 PM
So... Just WHAT are YOU going to do about it? Bitch & whine on a Forum and consider it a day?
Might as well hang up your guns and join the other side if that's the case.

The last couple of pages of the below linked thread indicate where and how we can address this matter, including a template letter of concern to send to both your MLA & the NDP.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?168786-Peace-Region-Moose-and-Northern-Cariboo

I'd like to strongly suggest we all get onboard this mission before it becomes too late!

Nog

Bugle M In
03-12-2022, 01:32 PM
So... Just WHAT are YOU going to do about it? Bitch & whine on a Forum and consider it a day?
Might as well hang up your guns and join the other side if that's the case.

The last couple of pages of the below linked thread indicate where and how we can address this matter, including a template letter of concern to send to both your MLA & the NDP.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?168786-Peace-Region-Moose-and-Northern-Cariboo

I'd like to strongly suggest we all get onboard this mission before it becomes too late!

Nog
You are 100% correct.
And I already know most "will not" do anything more than just complain to their hunting partner around the camp fire.
Unfortunately, I "sense" no matter what we say or do, will equate to nothing, but I still agree, everyone needs to get involved.
I will just add this, and I have posted it many times on many threads over the years.
No longer is having a bunch of pro-hunting groups in all departments going to be enough any longer.
Certainly, a government change might help for a small time, but sooner or later, it will be back in our faces and pounded down our
throats.
If there was ever a time to get involved in Politics, and one has the aptitude for such a task, I suggest now is the time to do so.
We have to have more pro hunting politicians to "actually get the word out".
Talking to those that don't hunt, it just goes in one ear and out the other!
And honestly, "why wouldn't it"!!??
For most folks, its not a part of their day to day lives!
And they also don't see how it might impact them down the road! (whether it's them directly, or generations to come).
Media has kept it's mouth shut, because they are part of the source that wants this to happen.
And our politicians aren't listening to us either.

The reason it is getting so bad now is because there is no one on the inside any longer.
And when there were a few, they had special interests in it, and quite often with a GO outfit here or there.
Again, not in the RH interests.

To me, this is why the battle is being lost.
And again, yes, to much bitching "sideways" amongst like minded folks.
That's certainly not getting us anywhere folks!
Just agreeing with the same group day in day out.

Downtown
03-12-2022, 01:47 PM
Luckily I “identify” as a FN princess. I will be happily hunting year round soon.

Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought that was the case already for quite a few years. Btw, what are you hunting for ? just curios !

Cheers

Quince2
03-12-2022, 02:13 PM
Moose meat on the plate and in the freezer

gunsandskis
03-12-2022, 02:17 PM
copy/paste….

7B Peace Region Moose/Caribou closure survey.
We all as resident hunters need to fill out the survey and email our MLA’s
Share these links with all your hunting friends, family, and circle.
Non-hunters can also email your MLA’s regarding this issue. There was no science, conservation, or consultation involved in this decision, that’s the issue.

March 23 11:59pm is the deadline.
Below is all relevant links…

*it keeps getting posted on fb groups/pages because this of vital importance that BC hunters put up some opposition to losing our hunting rights. Especially when this is not based on science or conservation, and essentially no consultation. This is strictly the government “dangling a carrot” to a stakeholder for a different issue. There are FN groups that are opposed to this decision and the way it was done, so leave out the racism.
(Copy/paste to share on other groups/pages)

Steps:
1) Click gov. link
2) Find "Login" near top, Sign in w/ BCID
4) Scroll to bottom
5) Find "Support/Neutral/Oppose
6) Leave your feedback- PLEASE be polite, rational, and SCIENCE based.
7) Save
5) EMAIL YOUR MLA, a template is available below, as well as a link to find your MLA.

All relevant links:

Survey:
https://apps.nrs.gov.bc.ca/ahte/content/close-peace-caribou-hunts-and-reduce-peace-moose-hunts-region-wide?fbclid=IwAR2Pu7hpDv5ruKhDnvy_BJBP9hrgYl6Fm1O6 P4kGCDJ2cB6ByK6LqXMXsE4

Letter to MLA template:
https://bcwf.bc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/MLA-template-Hunting-in-PeaceR7b.docx

Find your MLA:
https://www.leg.bc.ca/learn-about-us/members

BCWF info regarding 7B moose Changes:
https://bcwf.bc.ca/peace-region-hunting-regulations/

BCWF UPDATE, Moose Harvest for BC Hunters Slashed:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR3Z0xmF5zvCNuLWxmOvuHp0Fq1zvhtKeq0 Lmgyjk5Hu4qK9nYGQJUr9bmo&v=BR9W2uGaXac&feature=youtu.be

Wildlife Act changes support reconciliation:

Treaty 8 decision(part of the government’s rationale/ “carrot” response)
https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021IRR0063-001940

IronNoggin
03-12-2022, 02:22 PM
You are 100% correct.
And I already know most "will not" do anything more than just complain to their hunting partner around the camp fire.

I have been working to address fisheries and wildlife concerns for decades.
The greatest single weapon working against us is APATHY within our own ranks.
It has gone so far that the government openly relies on that these days.

I have extremely little use for those who whine and moan on forums, but do nothing else to further our collective cause.
They may as well be working for the opposite team.

We can make a difference when united, but it takes a both and individual & collective effort.
Already I have heard rumblings that the NDP are getting "nervous" on this one.
Making them more nervous by dropping hundreds of letters on their desks only makes sense.

Otherwise, like I said, hang up your guns, hand in your hunting card, and take up golf or the like...

Nog

IronNoggin
03-12-2022, 02:28 PM
Letter to MLA template:
https://bcwf.bc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/MLA-template-Hunting-in-PeaceR7b.docx

That was a nice initial attempt, but falls far sort of what is required at this point.
It simply doesn't go far enough, nor is it firm enough.
Nor does it incorporate a question, then demand an answer to that which in turn requires them to put some time into doing so.
The government is not going to react to that type of form letter (which is instantly recognizable as such).
There are better options available.

Post # 147 on this thread: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?168786-Peace-Region-Moose-and-Northern-Cariboo/page15

Regards,
Nog

hawk-i
03-12-2022, 02:30 PM
Both the Liberals and NDP are the REAL Problem ! The indians are only taking adavantage of a GOOD thing for them ! after ALL why would they CARE about us after all the MISTREATMENT the whites have given to them :roll: :confused: RJ

You mean mistreatment like, free medicare, free prescriptions, race based preference for Covid testing and treatment, income tax exemptions, millions upon millions of tax payer money to Indian affairs, and free housing, etc, etc?

Poor little Indians, they deserve much much more!

The damned Whites better not start a peaceful protest over inequality or the F***ing Liberals and F***ing NDP will call you a terrorist and evoke the "emergency act" and have you arrested plus seize your bank accounts!!!

Pathetic

338edgehunter
03-12-2022, 05:37 PM
I will be hunting regardless I pay taxes here and feed my family with the game meat have for decades

REMINGTON JIM
03-12-2022, 05:42 PM
You mean mistreatment like, free medicare, free prescriptions, race based preference for Covid testing and treatment, income tax exemptions, millions upon millions of tax payer money to Indian affairs, and free housing, etc, etc?

Poor little Indians, they deserve much much more!

The damned Whites better not start a peaceful protest over inequality or the F***ing Liberals and F***ing NDP will call you a terrorist and evoke the "emergency act" and have you arrested plus seize your bank accounts!!!

Pathetic

Exactly Hawk-i :!: YEA all the indians are very " Hard Done " by ! :tongue::rolleyes: BUT mostly by there own Chiefs and Council not from us whiteys ! jmo RJ

Baconator
03-12-2022, 06:50 PM
Maybe they should take a road trip to the Ukraine or the Middle East. In the big picture o things they got it pretty good. Whining parasites!

dino
03-12-2022, 06:54 PM
All True ! - The BC Indians are taking over the F & W dept of BC and soon will also Control the rural public lands we all hunt and fish on now ! we non indians are doomed here in BC and it will prob all happen with in the next 5 years as the NDP gov is on BORD with it all happening - YOU ndp voters need to relize your beloved ndp goverment is onside with the indians ! VERY SAD times a HEAD for the non indian hunting - trapping & fishing people ! :( jmo RJ

Hey did i mention any of this before now - YES i did ! " covid dino sad sack " - says i'm just a racist NO i'm NOT ! but i am a Real REALIST ! :smile: RJ

Yes your a real humanitarian.......RJ= racist Jim .lol

Blacktail1
03-12-2022, 07:22 PM
Give it all to the wagon burners. I don’t recognize Indian law so open season . Sick of this stupid shit. Oh ya I don’t wear a mask and I donated to the trucker convoy under my buisness name “proudly” don’t like what I have to say … blow me I don’t care.

leadpillproductions
03-12-2022, 07:26 PM
I really don't see us pulling out of this debacle even if we get rid of ndp. no government wants to go against natives. Bunch of horse shit spineless government. Im married to a Indian we both think this is a bunch of shit.

HappyJack
03-12-2022, 09:01 PM
I will be hunting regardless I pay taxes here and feed my family with the game meat have for decades

POACHER!!! Nothing stopping you from hiring an outfitter, after all they are getting 25% of the moose tags.

eric
03-12-2022, 09:24 PM
probably 90 % of all the natives had to go back hunting the Traditional way, they would starve to death.
That's what they want right, so they can practice their traditional way of living, then have at it.
No more rifles, quads, trucks, snowmobiles etc.

REMINGTON JIM
03-12-2022, 10:24 PM
Yes your a real humanitarian.......RJ= racist Jim .lol

And your a " Traitor Communist " supporting Putin :tongue: lol RJ

MOOSE MILK
03-12-2022, 11:21 PM
Turdo & Horigan have made me prejudice...Damit I have hunted 7b since 1977...starting to get a real nasty taste any time FN comes up! Now on TV news there is an add from the TV station thanking the FNs for letting them use their land. Now Helps is gonna give them a couple prime commercial properties in Victoria of course tax free. Dam my blood is boiling!!!

Arctic Lake
03-12-2022, 11:33 PM
It seems to me that the indigenous peoples want it both ways . They want the same world they had when the Europeans
first came to Canada but yet want the technology , medical advancements and etc . that has developed I think through generations of immigrants . Please enlighten me if I’m wrong
Arctic Lake

wildcatter
03-13-2022, 12:13 AM

I wouldn't bank on that Jim.

browningboy
03-13-2022, 12:38 AM
Wonder, will the government go after the Indians guns too?

HappyJack
03-13-2022, 07:18 AM
Wonder, will the government go after the Indians guns too?

Hahahahahahahahaha, no is the short answer.

HappyJack
03-13-2022, 07:20 AM
It seems to me that the indigenous peoples want it both ways . They want the same world they had when the Europeans
first came to Canada but yet want the technology , medical advancements and etc . that has developed I think through generations of immigrants . Please enlighten me if I’m wrong
Arctic Lake

Don't be silly everyone want the technology, medical advancements and the newest sparkly four by four pickup. Being in the modern age isn't exclusive to the white anglo saxons, even asians have these things.

dino
03-13-2022, 07:56 AM
Whats happening is not sustainable economically. We are at a precipice in history. We are bombarded with propaganda anytime you pick up a phone or turn on a TV. Our kids are being attacked with indoctrination by our scools . Critical race theory is now going to be enforced in Ontario.
There is a war happening right now being waged on us with multiple fronts. Life as we knew it is changing forever.
People need to be prepared financially and mentally because no one is stopping this freight train.
What happened to the truckers will happen to the next fringe minority like hunters.
The new evil rich are now the regular home owner of the middle class. People need to prepare.
Here is a new bill about to be passed quietly in the house.
https://www.parl.ca/legisinfo/en/bill/44-1/s-233

browningboy
03-13-2022, 08:08 AM
Whats happening is not sustainable economically. We are at a precipice in history. We are bombarded with propaganda anytime you pick up a phone or turn on a TV. Our kids are being attacked with indoctrination by our scools . Critical race theory is now going to be enforced in Ontario.
There is a war happening right now being waged on us with multiple fronts. Life as we knew it is changing forever.
People need to be prepared financially and mentally because no one is stopping this freight train.
What happened to the truckers will happen to the next fringe minority like hunters.
The new evil rich are now the regular home owner of the middle class. People need to prepare.
Here is a new bill about to be passed quietly in the house.
https://www.parl.ca/legisinfo/en/bill/44-1/s-233

Be woke and go broke!

HappyJack
03-13-2022, 08:10 AM
Does that mean they are going to boost our pensions? Imagine no more welfare or EI, no need for all those bureaucrats to run those scams, this might be a good thing. Regular income for all the lazy asses and drug addicts too. If they think it's hard finding workers now, just wait till they start this up, the immigrants will all be working and the bums will be living off the dole.

dino
03-13-2022, 09:44 AM
Does that mean they are going to boost our pensions? Imagine no more welfare or EI, no need for all those bureaucrats to run those scams, this might be a good thing. Regular income for all the lazy asses and drug addicts too. If they think it's hard finding workers now, just wait till they start this up, the immigrants will all be working and the bums will be living off the dole.

They have done pilot projects in Canada already with the guaranteed income. It failed miserably but the spin was it was a great success by the government funded MSM which is pretty much all Canadian media.
Be prepared, invest wisely!

4 point
03-13-2022, 11:01 AM
We live right next to an elementary school. Every morning when they do their school broadcast to all their students over the pa system, which they broadcast over the outdoor speakers many days. They acknowledge being on the unceded lands of the first nations. They state that at all assemblies and other events. This all seemed to start to occur upon the NDP taking power in BC. Our city website acknowledges the same.

In my opinion 5% of the citizens of Canada are with the help for the most part of politicians & some court decisions going to end up with many more things ( money, land, hunting & fishing rights etc.) than they are reasonably entitled to.

dapesche
03-13-2022, 11:12 AM
There will be a flip in society and their acceptance/tolerance of government policy that is not mutually beneficial.

We have all had it very good over the last decade.
It was a good run and times will be a little more tougher and more expensive.

First Nations absolutely have a claim and we need a compromise but the way our gov't is handling it is completing ****ing stupid.

I really like the Together For Wildlife. I think having all stakeholders together is needed.

Gov't prefers to give shit away to appease. They keep doing it and it doesn't work.

First Nations want what we want. Protection for our wildlife and populations that can be sustainably hunted.

FN lawyers strategy is to shut up and keep grabbing at what the morons in charge are handing out. No doubt they'll be happy to take some land but they won't stop until we have a proper framework for managing wildlife and industrial development.

IronNoggin
03-13-2022, 11:57 AM
As has been noted by several in the know, this latest BS is a test run to see just how far you will let them push you.

Get involved. Push Back.

Again... besides whining here...

Nog

BCHunterFSJ
03-13-2022, 12:07 PM

I am hearing this sentiment more and more here in FSJ!
I am 73 years old and never seem to draw LEH tags. Looks like I might never hunt moose again! Unless...

Arctic Lake
03-13-2022, 12:07 PM
We all in my opinion have an equal share of what we have in this great province of ours ! Those of you that worked , payed taxes , got up when you really wanted to maybe stay in bed , were not in the best mood but you went to work . You were a decent member in our society !
Arctic Lake

Walking Buffalo
03-13-2022, 12:20 PM
In case this wasn't posted earlier.

**Posted in two segment to satisfy the character limit.

Bill 14 Wildlife Amendment Act
Bill 14 – 2022: Wildlife Amendment Act, 2022 (leg.bc.ca) (https://www.leg.bc.ca/Pages/BCLASS-Legacy.aspx#%2Fcontent%2Fdata%2520-%2520ldp%2Fpages%2F42nd3rd%2F1st_read%2Fgov14-1.htm)

BILL 14 – 2022

WILDLIFE AMENDMENT ACT, 2022

HER MAJESTY, by and with the advice and consent of the Legislative Assembly of the Province of British Columbia, enacts as follows:
https://www.leg.bc.ca/content/data%20-%20ldp/pages/42nd3rd/media/images/explannote.gif (https://www.leg.bc.ca/content/data%20-%20ldp/pages/42nd3rd/1st_read/gov14-1.htm#)1 Section 1 (1) of the Wildlife Act, R.S.B.C. 1996, c. 488, is amended by adding the following definition:
"first nation" means a first nation whose traditional territory includes land within the boundaries of British Columbia; .
https://www.leg.bc.ca/content/data%20-%20ldp/pages/42nd3rd/media/images/explannote.gif (https://www.leg.bc.ca/content/data%20-%20ldp/pages/42nd3rd/1st_read/gov14-1.htm#)2 Section 1 (1) is amended by adding the following definition:
"governing body", in relation to a first nation, means the governing entity of the first nation, however organized and established by the members of the first nation; .
https://www.leg.bc.ca/content/data%20-%20ldp/pages/42nd3rd/media/images/explannote.gif (https://www.leg.bc.ca/content/data%20-%20ldp/pages/42nd3rd/1st_read/gov14-1.htm#)3 The following sections are added:
Sheltering agreements

70.1 (1) In this section and section 70.2:
"guest" means a member of a first nation who, under a sheltering agreement, hunts in the traditional territory of the host first nation;
"host first nation" means the first nation whose governing body enters into a sheltering agreement under subsection (2) of this section;
"sheltering agreement" means an agreement referred to in subsection (2) of this section.
(2) The minister and the governing body of a first nation may enter into an agreement respecting hunting in the traditional territory of that first nation by members of other first nations.
(3) A sheltering agreement may include parties in addition to those referred to in subsection (2), including the governing body of the first nation of which a guest is a member.
Authorizations in relation to hunting under sheltering agreements

70.2 (1) Subject to subsection (2) and without limiting the matters that may be addressed in a sheltering agreement, a sheltering agreement may include provisions that do one or more of the following:
(a) in respect of hunting in the traditional territory of the host first nation, authorize a guest to
(i) do anything that is prohibited under this Act, or
(ii) omit to do anything that is required to be done under this Act;
(b) set out conditions or limits that a guest must comply with in relation to an authority provided for under paragraph (a).
(2) A provision included in a sheltering agreement under subsection (1) is not effective unless the Lieutenant Governor in Council, by regulation, approves the provision.
(3) Despite any other provision of this Act or the regulations, a guest who acts in accordance with the provisions included in a sheltering agreement under subsection (1) has the authority provided for under subsection (1) (a).
Indigenous knowledge

Walking Buffalo
03-13-2022, 12:22 PM
Continued.....

Bill 14 Wildlife Amendment Act
Bill 14 – 2022: Wildlife Amendment Act, 2022 (leg.bc.ca) (https://www.leg.bc.ca/Pages/BCLASS-Legacy.aspx#%2Fcontent%2Fdata%2520-%2520ldp%2Fpages%2F42nd3rd%2F1st_read%2Fgov14-1.htm)

100.2 For certainty, in making a decision under this Act, the director, the assistant director and a regional manager must consider relevant Indigenous knowledge provided to the director, assistant director or regional manager, as applicable.
Confidentiality of Indigenous knowledge

100.3 (1) Any Indigenous knowledge of a first nation that is provided in confidence by the first nation to a person engaged in the administration of this Act may be
(a) used only for the purposes for which the Indigenous knowledge is provided, and
(b) disclosed only as authorized under subsection (2).
(2) Indigenous knowledge referred to in subsection (1) may be disclosed as follows:
(a) with the written consent of the governing body of the first nation;
(b) if the Indigenous knowledge is publicly available;
(c) to a person engaged in the administration of this Act if the Indigenous knowledge is necessary for the performance of that person's duties as they relate to the purpose for which the Indigenous knowledge was provided;
(d) to the Attorney General or legal counsel for the government for the purposes of obtaining legal advice;
(e) by order of the court;
(f) by order of the appeal board in accordance with section 34 (3) of the Administrative Tribunals Act;
(g) by a person who has authority under this Act to make a decision if
(i) the decision relates to a matter under this Act for which the Indigenous knowledge was provided, and
(ii) the person considers that the disclosure is necessary for the purposes of procedural fairness;
(h) in prescribed circumstances.
(3) Before disclosing Indigenous knowledge under any of the following provisions, a person must give written notice of the contemplated disclosure to the governing body of the first nation that provided the knowledge:
(a) subsection (2) (e), (f) or (g);
(b) if required by regulation, subsection (2) (h).
(4) The following persons may impose conditions on the further disclosure of Indigenous knowledge by the person to whom it is disclosed under subsection (2):
(a) a justice, if the Indigenous knowledge is disclosed under subsection (2) (e);
(b) the appeal board, if the Indigenous knowledge is disclosed under subsection (2) (f);
(c) the person referred to in subsection (2) (g), if the Indigenous knowledge is disclosed under that provision;
(d) a prescribed person, if the Indigenous knowledge is disclosed under subsection (2) (h).
(5) If the holder of a licence, certificate or registration referred to in section 61 (1) or an assistant guide contravenes a condition imposed under subsection (4) of this section, a regional manager may take action under section 61.
https://www.leg.bc.ca/content/data%20-%20ldp/pages/42nd3rd/media/images/explannote.gif (https://www.leg.bc.ca/content/data%20-%20ldp/pages/42nd3rd/1st_read/gov14-1.htm#)4 Section 108 is amended
(a) in subsection (3) by adding the following paragraphs:
(p) approving a provision of a sheltering agreement for the purposes of section 70.2 (2);
(q) providing that contravention by a guest of a condition or limit set out in a sheltering agreement under section 70.2 (1) (b) constitutes an offence;
(r) prescribing circumstances for the purposes of section 100.3 (2) (h) and respecting notification for the purposes of section 100.3 (3) (b);
(s) prescribing persons for the purposes of section 100.3 (4) (d). , and
(b) by adding the following subsection:
(4.1) A delegation under subsection (4) of the power under subsection (3) (p) may impose limits or conditions on the exercise of the power.
Commencement

5 This Act comes into force on September 1, 2022.
Explanatory Notes

CLAUSE 1: [Wildlife Act, section 1] adds a definition.
CLAUSE 2: [Wildlife Act, section 1] adds a definition.
CLAUSE 3: [Wildlife Act, sections 70.1, 70.2, 100.2 and 100.3] provides for

first nations to host hunters from other first nations, and
the consideration and confidentiality of Indigenous knowledge.

CLAUSE 4: [Wildlife Act, section 108] is consequential to amendments made to the Act by this Bill.

Arctic Lake
03-13-2022, 01:17 PM
Walking Buffalo or anyone else ! Could you put all the above in plain English . The above is like reading the Bible !
Everthong should be written in plain English !
Arctic Lake

leadpillproductions
03-13-2022, 01:22 PM
Maybe my non resident wife can still hunt moose lol , Anyone need a moose jk or am I She's a Indian from Saskatchewan Just not treaty 8

bearvalley
03-13-2022, 02:14 PM
There will be a flip in society and their acceptance/tolerance of government policy that is not mutually beneficial.

We have all had it very good over the last decade.
It was a good run and times will be a little more tougher and more expensive.

First Nations absolutely have a claim and we need a compromise but the way our gov't is handling it is completing ****ing stupid.

I really like the Together For Wildlife. I think having all stakeholders together is needed.

Gov't prefers to give shit away to appease. They keep doing it and it doesn't work.

First Nations want what we want. Protection for our wildlife and populations that can be sustainably hunted.

FN lawyers strategy is to shut up and keep grabbing at what the morons in charge are handing out. No doubt they'll be happy to take some land but they won't stop until we have a proper framework for managing wildlife and industrial development.

If you read the backgrounder put out by the Minister and her staff, reconciliation and following the Together for Wildlife strategy is in the backgrounder reasoning.
Together for Wildlife and the Ministers Wildlife Advisory Council were not consulted while the 7B caribou closure and moose reduction was being negotiated.
T4W and the MWAC were briefed on the proposal last week when it was publicly presented.
The Minister and her staff failed to follow the procedure that the NDP government has set out for wildlife decision making.

IronNoggin
03-13-2022, 02:58 PM
... The Minister and her staff failed to follow the procedure that the NDP government has set out for wildlife decision making.

Where is the surprise in that?

UnReal!
Nog

HappyJack
03-13-2022, 04:14 PM
https://www.cbc.ca/news/indigenous/map-showing-m%C3%A9tis-homeland-boundaries-sparks-online-conversation-1.4928401

Look at that patch of blue in the North East, no need to ask permission of the FNs if your part of the Metis Nation. What a mess this idiot minister has made of this, who the hell does she think she is putting resident hunters third in line and behind guided foreigners??

Gun Dog
03-13-2022, 04:44 PM
I was born in Vancouver. Should I claim from the Fraser Arms Hotel to the Blue Horizons Hotel and all land in between as my ancestral home? I did spend a lot of time traveling between those two bars.

(This acknowledging "being on the unceded lands of the first nations" is happening all over North America. Nobody is actually offering to give the land back.)

180grainer
03-13-2022, 05:39 PM

Horgan has been pretty open he's going to enact BC law to reflect the United Nations Declaration on Indigenous Peoples. He did this just a little while ago. When he stated it, nobody blinked. He openly admitted he was following the dictates of a foreign unelected body of bureaucrats rather than crafting legislation that benefits "all British Columbians".

HappyJack
03-13-2022, 06:31 PM
I was born in Vancouver. Should I claim from the Fraser Arms Hotel to the Blue Horizons Hotel and all land in between as my ancestral home? I did spend a lot of time traveling between those two bars.

(This acknowledging "being on the unceded lands of the first nations" is happening all over North America. Nobody is actually offering to give the land back.)

They offer about 10% of the land they are claiming in treaty talks, the FNs take it to court and get their Title to the land affirmed in the court. The smart ones aren't accepting the low ball offers anymore. That is what you get for letting them get educated.

blueboy
03-13-2022, 07:10 PM
Where’s all the dummies know that voted NDP next it will be your guns then tax you to death

dapesche
03-13-2022, 07:20 PM
If you read the backgrounder put out by the Minister and her staff, reconciliation and following the Together for Wildlife strategy is in the backgrounder reasoning.
Together for Wildlife and the Ministers Wildlife Advisory Council were not consulted while the 7B caribou closure and moose reduction was being negotiated.
T4W and the MWAC were briefed on the proposal last week when it was publicly presented.
The Minister and her staff failed to follow the procedure that the NDP government has set out for wildlife decision making.

Thanks for confirming that bearvalley. I reached our to Minister Conroy and my local MLA and laid that out. It was very obvious that no one was consulted.

WhiteTailAB
03-13-2022, 07:48 PM
If this happened in AB I can tell you I'd be moose hunting the next day on our privately owned land.

dino
03-13-2022, 08:19 PM
I dont blame anyone that breaks the law because of this bullshit. Im strictly a muley hunter and i know after the moose they're coming for the deer next. I used to get angry at the people that poached animals, rode atv,s out of bounds and leave garbage everywhere. Not any more, im done! I dont give a shit anymore.
The woke is broke crowd turn everything to crap. This what they want than this is what they get.

Arctic Lake
03-13-2022, 08:36 PM
Dino don’t go that route ! If that was the principles you lived by then your better than that ! We need to find a way that supports what we would like !
Arctic Lake
I dont blame anyone that breaks the law because of this bullshit. Im strictly a muley hunter and i know after the moose they're coming for the deer next. I used to get angry at the people that poached animals, rode atv,s out of bounds and leave garbage everywhere. Not any more, im done! I dont give a shit anymore.
The woke is broke crowd turn everything to crap. This what they want than this is what they get.

RE1960
03-13-2022, 09:41 PM
I’m 4 months from finally pulling the pin to retire after 43 years in the plumber trade , I’ve work for this for so long and I can’t tell you how disheartening it is to get to this point to able to do all the things I love to do , and it’s all for nothing.
Hunting with my Dad my mentor , Salmon fishing , steelhead fishing it’s all screwed .
The governments have been grooming kids in school for the last 20 years and were starting to see the results .
I Know many others on here feel the same as I do , every time you turn on the news there taking one more thing away or shutting one more activity down that we love to do .
All I want is equal opportunities .
What’s happening is going far beyond reconciliation I’m not sure we can stop it but hopefully somehow we can gain some traction , when it starts affecting not only hunters and outdoors people maybe the government will see what there really doing.
But I’m not to optimistic got to be honest !!

wildcatter
03-13-2022, 11:05 PM
I’m 4 months from finally pulling the pin to retire after 43 years in the plumber trade , I’ve work for this for so long and I can’t tell you how disheartening it is to get to this point to able to do all the things I love to do , and it’s all for nothing.
Hunting with my Dad my mentor , Salmon fishing , steelhead fishing it’s all screwed .
The governments have been grooming kids in school for the last 20 years and were starting to see the results .
I Know many others on here feel the same as I do , every time you turn on the news there taking one more thing away or shutting one more activity down that we love to do .
All I want is equal opportunities .
What’s happening is going far beyond reconciliation I’m not sure we can stop it but hopefully somehow we can gain some traction , when it starts affecting not only hunters and outdoors people maybe the government will see what there really doing.
But I’m not to optimistic got to be honest !!

Don't expect too much, the new "Global Shapers" groomed by the same Klaus Schwab will screw everything up.
They are brainwashed beyound belief and hunting fishing in the future will be a privilege only for FN that are so favoured and supported by all parties.
For the rest of us I can see ALL the back country off limit.

Weatherby Fan
03-13-2022, 11:39 PM

Your not alone these days in your line of thinking as many outdoorsman are frustrated beyond belief, we certainly get shit on by our own elected government,

With that being said some things are best left unsaid !

HappyJack
03-14-2022, 07:32 AM

What you talking about, they already cut my mule deer hunting by 50%. It's already started.

REMINGTON JIM
03-14-2022, 09:47 AM
Rationale:
These proposed hunting regulations are aimed at addressing the ability of Treaty 8 First Nations to continue their way of life and begin to address the impacts of industrial development of the rights guaranteed in this Treaty as confirmed in the Supreme Court of BC decision Yahey vs. BC (June 29, 2021).
The proposed hunting regulation changes are a two-year interim measure and only one part of a broader package of actions specific to improving wildlife stewardship, upholding Treaty rights, and habitat conservation and the future of resource management. This work is bringing the Province, Treaty 8 Nations, and stakeholders together in a shared management vision.

What a PILE of MOOSE SH*T ! :twisted: RJ

hawk-i
03-14-2022, 10:01 AM
LOL, we should plan a 50-60 (or more) person group moose hunt to region 7B, hunt and harvest the same as the Indians....Inform the CO's, call all Media to cover it and then challenge the tickets and arrests in the courts(as a group) on the grounds of Racial Discrimination.

Bet that would get some heads turning...if we allow them to walk all over us, they will.

wideopenthrottle
03-14-2022, 10:23 AM
did I read it right that the "stewardship" advice will be confidential....yowzaaaaaa!!!!

kitnayakwa77
03-14-2022, 10:35 AM
Please everyone write to your MLA and Minister Conroy about this proposal.
Keep your points brief and respectful, but state your concern and opposition.

Strongest points would be:
Not following "together for wildlife strategy"
Hunting is a food source and a cultural activity passed from generation to generation for non-indigenous as well as indigenous
Harming reconciliation efforts by not following science in decision making, therefore favoring certain groups ahead of others, subjective bias.
Hunting closures do nothing for wildlife population recovery if habitat continues to be degraded.

leadpillproductions
03-14-2022, 10:39 AM
This might get some peoples attention
LOL, we should plan a 50-60 (or more) person group moose hunt to region 7B, hunt and harvest the same as the Indians....Inform the CO's, call all Media to cover it and then challenge the tickets and arrests in the courts(as a group) on the grounds of Racial Discrimination.

Bet that would get some heads turning...if we allow them to walk all over us, they will.

Weatherby Fan
03-14-2022, 10:58 AM

Racial Discrimination and as well.......how can they deny a persons right to food, we really need to approach hunting in a different manner, as sustenance for my family not hunting for sport !

rageous
03-15-2022, 06:18 AM
“This has nothing to do with science, it’s a result of the court ruling.”
“Treaty 8 believe’s there is not enough moose when our studies show moose are stable and support the current regulations”

Don’t fall for this leh proposal everyone…

Absolutely no LEH. Keep a broad GOS season to spread any pressure out. Harmonize regional seasons.
FN and Resident can absolutely hunt together during same periods. Absolutely do not separate resident vs FN seasons.
Nothing will ever jeopardize FN rights to hunt and fish.

digger dogger
03-15-2022, 07:19 AM
Racial Discrimination and as well.......how can they deny a persons right to food, we really need to approach hunting in a different manner, as sustenance for my family not hunting for sport !

I believe you are correct Don.

HappyJack
03-15-2022, 08:42 AM
Re: Indigenous Privilege in Peace 7B?
How so? What is changing or being enhanced for them other than making it so they have less competition? The Privilege is for Guided Trophy Hunters, nothing like being guaranteed the right to hunt bull moose every year, just because you have more money than the next guy.

bearvalley
03-15-2022, 08:55 AM
Re: Indigenous Privilege in Peace 7B?

How so? What is changing or being enhanced for them other than making it so they have less competition? The Privilege is for Guided Trophy Hunters, nothing like being guaranteed the right to hunt bull moose every year, just because you have more money than the next guy.

You’re as annoying as a case of crabs and pretty much on line with a bag of dog shit for intelligence.
Going from a GOS for all licensed hunters to 65 quota tags, split amongst 30+ outfitters in 7B is a real windfall.
Your divisive bullshit is gaining nothing.

REMINGTON JIM
03-15-2022, 10:08 AM

Absolutely - Sustenance HUNTING for ALL Indigenous " BC " born and raised and Live here people ! jmo RJ

moosinaround
03-15-2022, 10:13 AM

That is the reason I hunt!! I am not looking for antlers/horns, cheaper to buy those!! I hunt for food, and comradery, and family quality time!! I should have every right to have the option to feed my family, I do have elders in my family too, who were born and raised right on this same land Indians were born and raised on!! moosin

HappyJack
03-15-2022, 10:36 AM
You’re as annoying as a case of crabs and pretty much on line with a bag of dog shit for intelligence.
Going from a GOS for all licensed hunters to 65 quota tags, split amongst 30+ outfitters in 7B is a real windfall.
Your divisive bullshit is gaining nothing.

You can't bs this one, 65 is 10%....your gift is 25% and freedom from prosecution if you allow the clients to shoot more than your allocation. There is no way in hell some foreign Trophy Hunter should be even getting a tag when they cut resident hunters down to nothing unless you win a draw. Godforsaken outfitters are so entitled they don't give a damm about anybody but themselves, well at least this one doesn't.

HappyJack
03-15-2022, 10:39 AM
That is the reason I hunt!! I am not looking for antlers/horns, cheaper to buy those!! I hunt for food, and comradery, and family quality time!! I should have every right to have the option to feed my family, I do have elders in my family too, who were born and raised right on this same land Indians were born and raised on!! moosin

Never mind the Indians, they already had it all, now the guides are going to steal a share that should have been yours. Especially if you live in 7B, you should always come first before some rich Trophy hunter from out of country.

bearvalley
03-15-2022, 11:16 AM
You can't bs this one, 65 is 10%....your gift is 25% and freedom from prosecution if you allow the clients to shoot more than your allocation. There is no way in hell some foreign Trophy Hunter should be even getting a tag when they cut resident hunters down to nothing unless you win a draw. Godforsaken outfitters are so entitled they don't give a damm about anybody but themselves, well at least this one doesn't.

Keep spewing your bullshit Jack.
You’re talking out your ass on the 7 B issue.
If this goes to an LEH ANY BULL season… that will be a direct path to a complete closure in 2 years.
I love the entitled anti outfitter rantings from guys like you that never do F all other than stir internet shit.
Who are you…..Jackoff Darimont or McAllister.
Or maybe Weaved with a new alias.
You sure as shit aren’t on the side of hunters even tho you pretend thru your anti outfitter rants.
I think the dog shit is spilling out of the bag.
Lol

bearvalley
03-15-2022, 11:19 AM
Never mind the Indians, they already had it all, now the guides are going to steal a share that should have been yours. Especially if you live in 7B, you should always come first before some rich Trophy hunter from out of country.

Hey Jack…..quite a few FN’s guides and outfitter owners in 7B…and they got screwed over just like every other licensed hunter.
Your bag of shits running over.

HappyJack
03-15-2022, 11:30 AM
Hey Jack…..quite a few FN’s guides and outfitter owners in 7B…and they got screwed over just like every other licensed hunter.
Your bag of shits running over.

Doesn't matter who the owners are, they are FOR PROFIT CORPORATIONS and that ain't no dogshit. The FN owners can hunt with impunity all year round so no big deal, the foreign owners well they could always book hunts in Africa for their TROPHYS and leave our moose alone until there is an excess of moose available. No BC Resident meat hunter should have no moose tag while an outfitters sells them for a handsome profit, plain and simple.

bearvalley
03-15-2022, 11:38 AM
Doesn't matter who the owners are, they are FOR PROFIT CORPORATIONS and that ain't no dogshit. The FN owners can hunt with impunity all year round so no big deal, the foreign owners well they could always book hunts in Africa for their TROPHYS and leave our moose alone until there is an excess of moose available. No BC Resident meat hunter should have no moose tag while an outfitters sells them for a handsome profit, plain and simple.
You really are a simple one.
Lol!
This issue has nothing to do with a shortage of moose Jack Weaver.
Most of us are trying to get 7B back on track for all.
That means getting the ministers proposal shut down in its tracks.
And the best you can do is point fingers at guides that operated the same as all licensed hunters in the past in 7B.
Everyone was under GOS.
You’ve either swallowed your dog shit or got it splashed in your eyes to blind you.
No one can really be as stupid as you come off…..can they?
Well maybe…..LMAO!

HappyJack
03-15-2022, 12:16 PM
You really are a simple one.
Lol!
This issue has nothing to do with a shortage of moose Jack Weaver.
Most of us are trying to get 7B back on track for all.
That means getting the ministers proposal shut down in its tracks.
And the best you can do is point fingers at guides that operated the same as all licensed hunters in the past in 7B.
Everyone was under GOS.
You’ve either swallowed your dog shit or got it splashed in your eyes to blind you.
No one can really be as stupid as you come off…..can they?
Well maybe…..LMAO!

More dog dodo from the goabc rep, the FNs are going to get the LEH to reach the 50% moose harvest reductions, doesn't matter what we say or do, it's a deal the lovely NDP made to avoid paying other penalties for breaching the treaties. The GOABC has been lobbying a long time to get all game animals put under LEH in this province, and that is a fact jack, and the sooner Resident hunters realize that the CORPORATIONS that sell hunts FOR PROFITS are the enemy the better. You guys did a good job in Region 5, all moose is LEH the poor residents can't even hunt spike forks, now that's coming to 7B....good job of lobbying how many $millions are your corporations forecasting to make in 7B selling our moose?

bearvalley
03-15-2022, 12:35 PM
More dog dodo from the goabc rep, the FNs are going to get the LEH to reach the 50% moose harvest reductions, doesn't matter what we say or do, it's a deal the lovely NDP made to avoid paying other penalties for breaching the treaties. The GOABC has been lobbying a long time to get all game animals put under LEH in this province, and that is a fact jack, and the sooner Resident hunters realize that the CORPORATIONS that sell hunts FOR PROFITS are the enemy the better. You guys did a good job in Region 5, all moose is LEH the poor residents can't even hunt spike forks, now that's coming to 7B....good job of lobbying how many $millions are your corporations forecasting to make in 7B selling our moose?

Jack Weaver, your the best entertainment I’ve had since my kids were 4 or 5 years old.
How many moose or caribou hunts are Region 5 outfitters selling?
Put your dog shit into action and give me a number.
I hear a rumour that Region 5 FN’s are looking at buying up Region 5 outfitters that have been pretty much put out of business because of government harvest restrictions.
They don’t want or need moose quota because that’ll mean more tags to all licensed hunters.
Story is they’re gonna shift over their sustenance tags into the outfitting businesses.
Shit dude, how can you argue with that.
Indigenous ownership….100% real Canadian.
Their own tags and ZERO competition on the ground unless the happen to allow a butterfly watcher to come into their territory.
So there you go Jackoff Weaver…100% Canadian home grown outfitter selling tags that no one has a right to other than them.
Wait until 7B and the other regions go this route if it happens.
And you think you’ve with the present outfitter system.
Don’t choke on a turd.

Edit:
This post is placed purely as an entertaining poke at Happy Jack and his misinformed, non productive continual frothing at the mouth about outfitters.
We all need to focus on making more wildlife so we’re not bickering over scraps.
Also, we need to stand together and make Minister Conroy and the NDP accountable on wildlife management decisions.

IronNoggin
03-15-2022, 12:40 PM
More dog dodo from the goabc rep, the FNs are going to get the LEH to reach the 50% moose harvest reductions, doesn't matter what we say or do, it's a deal the lovely NDP made to avoid paying other penalties for breaching the treaties.

It is not entirely a done deal.
We can still make an impact via their own "survey" and the ongoing letter campaign.
I have to ask every single one of us here, if you haven't sent your letters in WHY NOT??

Here comes my When Pigs Fly moment...

Now to the misguided focus of HJ and others on the GO's rather than the real cusp of the problem...

You are actually well missing the mark here and focusing on a tangent.

This is first and foremost a back room deal to allow the Provincial Government to continue issuing industrial permits which result in environmental degradation / destruction which in turn lines their ever hungry pockets. The cost of doing so was to toss all hunters under the bridge without any consultation whatsoever. The GO issue is entirely insignificant in comparison, and while perhaps something we need to focus on, now simply is not the time.

At the end of the day, people need to focus on the fact that the Government sold out the hunters of BC... again. We can scream and jump up and down about what the outfitters may or may not get and lay blame at their feet, or perhaps do the same with First Nations, but that should not be our focus. We need to focus on the NDP Government and their sell out of residents and their managing wildlife by Social Decree. If we do not want to realize more intrusions into our lifestyle, this seriously must be where our focus lays.

I spent over an hour on the phone with the CEO of the GOABC just last night.
He is extremely concerned, and very much wants the Regulations to remain as Status Quo.
In fact, several of those outfitters who operate in that area will be rolling up their tents should this atrocity be allowed to continue.
He offered both support and backing in the battle we are engaged in.
I found him pragmatic, sincere, and truthful.

Always best to go directly to the source when you have questions or concerns.
In fact, It was him who reached out to me to offer whatever help he can in our mutual fight of this nonsense.
And while I may have some differences of opinion with some of their actions, I live by the adage: "The Enemy of My Enemy is My Friend".

Put this into prospective. The greater EVIL here is BY FAR the NDP Government and their willingness to sacrifice us for their own benefit.

A week remains to fill out their "survey". Everyone should have by now.
And we better get more of those letters rolling in ASAP.

While we're at it, let's try and focus on the most pressing issue at hand shall we?
Wasting energy focusing on minor in comparison targets is exactly that - wasting time & energy...

Nog

bearvalley
03-15-2022, 12:53 PM
We can still make an impact via their own "survey" and the ongoing letter campaign.
I have to ask every single one of us here, if you haven't sent your letters in WHY NOT??

Now to the misguided focus of HJ and others on the GO's rather than the real cusp of the problem...

This is first and foremost a back room deal to allow the Provincial Government to continue issuing industrial permits which result in environmental degradation / destruction which in turn lines their ever hungry pockets. The cost of doing so was to toss all hunters under the bridge without any consultation whatsoever. The GO issue is entirely insignificant in comparison, and while perhaps something we need to focus on, now simply is not the time.

At the end of the day, people need to focus on the fact that the Government sold out the hunters of BC... again. We can scream and jump up and down about what the outfitters may or may not get and lay blame at their feet, or perhaps do the same with First Nations, but that should not be our focus. We need to focus on the NDP Government and their sell out of residents and their managing wildlife by Social Decree. If we do not want to realize more intrusions into our lifestyle, this seriously must be where our focus lays.

He is extremely concerned, and very much wants the Regulations to remain as Status Quo.
In fact, several of those outfitters who operate in that area will be rolling up their tents should this atrocity be allowed to continue.

In fact, It was him who reached out to me to offer whatever help he can in our mutual fight of this nonsense.
And while I may have some differences of opinion with some of their actions, I live by the adage: "The Enemy of My Enemy is My Friend".

Put this into prospective. The greater EVIL here is BY FAR the NDP Government and their willingness to sacrifice us for their own benefit.

While we're at it, let's try and focus on the most pressing issue at hand shall we?
Wasting energy focusing on minor in comparison targets is exactly that - wasting time & energy...

Nog

Thanks Matt!
Enough said!

kitnayakwa77
03-15-2022, 12:55 PM

Nog

good post.....

HappyJack
03-15-2022, 01:02 PM
Jack Weaver, your the best entertainment I’ve had since my kids were 4 or 5 years old.
How many moose or caribou hunts are Region 5 outfitters selling?
Put your dog shit into action and give me a number.
I hear a rumour that Region 5 FN’s are looking at buying up Region 5 outfitters that have been pretty much put out of business because of government harvest restrictions.
They don’t want or need moose quota because that’ll mean more tags to all licensed hunters.
Story is they’re gonna shift over their sustenance tags into the outfitting businesses.
Shit dude, how can you argue with that.
Indigenous ownership….100% real Canadian.
Their own tags and ZERO competition on the ground unless the happen to allow a butterfly watcher to come into their territory.
So there you go Jackoff Weaver…100% Canadian home grown outfitter selling tags that no one has a right to other than them.
Wait until 7B and the other regions go this route if it happens.
And you think you’ve with the present outfitter system.
Don’t choke on a turd.

They don't have sustenance tags, how disingenuous. And they don't report harvest numbers either. IF it goes as you suggest I'd take great pleasure i seeing all the guide outfits shut down. Our wildlife is not for sale to the highest bidder, whether FN or not is the seller.

bearvalley
03-15-2022, 01:09 PM
They don't have sustenance tags, how disingenuous. And they don't report harvest numbers either. IF it goes as you suggest I'd take great pleasure i seeing all the guide outfits shut down. Our wildlife is not for sale to the highest bidder, whether FN or not is the seller.

When it comes to that, I doubt you will have any say.
Have a nice day Happy Andy…it’s been a slice!
As Matt said, it’s better to stay focused on the problem at hand and that’s to keep a GOS in place in 7B…..if you know what a GOS is.
Try a zip lock… might contain the dog shit better than a brown paper bag.
Cheers!

HappyJack
03-15-2022, 01:18 PM
When it comes to that, I doubt you will have any say.
Have a nice day Happy Andy…it’s been a slice!
As Matt said, it’s better to stay focused on the problem at hand and that’s to keep a GOS in place in 7B…..if you know what a GOS is.
Try a zip lock… might contain the dog shit better than a brown paper bag.
Cheers!

I thought I was Jack Weaver? The problem at hand is Corporations standing in line to accept handouts from the NDP, handouts of things stolen from resident hunters, which you don't seem to have any issue with. Not a surprise though when your raking in millions off our dinner tables.

bearvalley
03-15-2022, 01:31 PM
I thought I was Jack Weaver? The problem at hand is Corporations standing in line to accept handouts from the NDP, handouts of things stolen from resident hunters, which you don't seem to have any issue with. Not a surprise though when your raking in millions off our dinner tables.

Jack, I bet you aren’t starving….in fact I can visualize you as a big time Cheeto eater.
Lol….thought I’d attempt the Happy Andy route (Andrew Weaver)…I used to poke at him on here as well.
Anyhow….carry on with your jealous tirades.
I’d rather be my own boss and make my way than stand in line for handouts or be someone slave like others.
By the way, I’m not sure if you remind me of a mule or a bad dog.
I should tell you a bad dog story……

HappyJack
03-15-2022, 02:16 PM
Jack, I bet you aren’t starving….in fact I can visualize you as a big time Cheeto eater.
Lol….thought I’d attempt the Happy Andy route (Andrew Weaver)…I used to poke at him on here as well.
Anyhow….carry on with your jealous tirades.
I’d rather be my own boss and make my way than stand in line for handouts or be someone slave like others.
By the way, I’m not sure if you remind me of a mule or a bad dog.
I should tell you a bad dog story……

Thanks for the laugh, you're a hoot.

IronNoggin
03-15-2022, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the laugh, you're a hoot.

Take it to PM and quit the damned detraction.

Sheesh!

Nog

J_T
03-15-2022, 02:25 PM
I scanned through a number of the posts, but not all.

While I have never voted NDP, I have worked with this current NDP Gov on wildlife issues for about six years, and prior to that, with previous governments.

At the core of hunting opportunity is the health of wildlife populations. And while I continue to be confused by some of the decisions being made, I do feel this Government have placed wildlife health and vulnerability as a higher priority than previous Governments. Talk is cheap, and they need to amp up the budget allocation.

Where I struggle in my participation is around:
1) decisions that are Gov to Gov with Indigenous people on landscape values and objectives. Behind closed door decisions which are not consistent with the processes that operational Gov staff are involved with in wildlife and hunting advisory tables.
2) The lack of opportunity for back and forth dialogue involving resident hunters to fairly assess the impacts of Gov decisions. In some cases, Regional biologists seemingly 'coming up with their own solutions'.

As I said in a previous thread, being at the table, is the best opportunity to have a positive impact to steer the discussion and make decision makers aware of things they may not be aware of.

In data I have requested from Government, we can see hunters who live in cities - more removed from their hunting area - (IE LML and Van Isl) plan their hunt on the basis of LEH success. Rural hunters hunt local and on the basis of BOS and GOS with a high percentage not 'banking' on LEH success to hunt. I recognize at issue on this thread is the loss of opportunity.

Lastly, also important to see, Government priorities.
1) Conservation - healthy populations - Gov gets a failing grade on this
2) Indigenous use of the resource - Gov definitely advancing this
3) Resident hunters - hardly on the table.....

Of note, in our last meeting, Gov identified creating an agenda item (and committee of users) to discuss LEH.

Linksman313
03-15-2022, 02:31 PM
Lastly, in our last meeting, Gov identified creating an agenda item (and committee of users) to discuss LEH.

JT, who exactly do you represent and at what meeting?
Just want to clarify your skin in the game as your comments continue to be productive and sage.
Cheers
Links

J_T
03-15-2022, 03:09 PM
^^ I sit along with others (on here) as a 'Resident Hunter' on the Provincial Hunting Trapping Advisory Team,. As along with others, I sit on the 'Together for Wildlife' committee, as well as the Fish, Wildlife Habitat Coalition. Previously and periodically still I sit on the Regional Hunting Advisory tables.

In my capacity as a resident hunter, I also provide the perspective of the bowhunter. My weapon of choice seldom comes up with the issues that are discussed. I have always considered myself collaborative, and focused on hunting opportunity.

HappyJack
03-15-2022, 05:20 PM
I scanned through a number of the posts, but not all.

While I have never voted NDP, I have worked with this current NDP Gov on wildlife issues for about six years, and prior to that, with previous governments.

At the core of hunting opportunity is the health of wildlife populations. And while I continue to be confused by some of the decisions being made, I do feel this Government have placed wildlife health and vulnerability as a higher priority than previous Governments. Talk is cheap, and they need to amp up the budget allocation.

Where I struggle in my participation is around:
1) decisions that are Gov to Gov with Indigenous people on landscape values and objectives. Behind closed door decisions which are not consistent with the processes that operational Gov staff are involved with in wildlife and hunting advisory tables.
2) The lack of opportunity for back and forth dialogue involving resident hunters to fairly assess the impacts of Gov decisions. In some cases, Regional biologists seemingly 'coming up with their own solutions'.

Of note, in our last meeting, Gov identified creating an agenda item (and committee of users) to discuss LEH.

Now that is some good news, at least it's an indication that they recognize we could do better than our current system.

wildcatter
03-15-2022, 07:09 PM

Nog

I agree Matt, but there is more to this, a lot more.
As we all know Horgan is a UN stooge and will do anything to implement whatever the UN comes up with.
Now it's the land deals and reconciliation and I'm sure there are other agendas being discussed right now.
However when FN gets everything on the condition that UN will oversee everything, they will turn around
and screw the Indians too under the "Wildlands" project, so most of the land will be off limit to all of us.

It's all about "saving the planet" remember what George Carlin said: "the planet is fine, the people are f****d.

BULLNUTTS
03-15-2022, 08:06 PM
There's big troubles brewing in the huntin n fishin lodges. Haven't talked to anyone yet who just gonna not hunt their old hunting spots. Push is going to have to shove. Lots n lots feel this way. Myself ? Simply going to quietly go hunt my spots. I'm certainly not telling anybody where those spots are regardless of cloths they got on or color of the skin crap. More and more, just not buying it! I am born n raised Canadian -This is My Country! I got just as much right as next guy to hunt and fish the wilds for food. Our grandfathers earned us ALL Canadians that rights when they freed us from tyranny. Now politics is one thing..... Trying to stop guys out in the bush is a whole different critter. Folks keep sayin '' There's a war comin'' You know what? Starting to believe it to.

IronNoggin
03-16-2022, 11:35 AM
Re-Posting:

Received a reply from Peter Milobar - MLA Kamloops - North Thompson - Finance Critic

Thank you for your email expressing your concerns regarding the hunting closures being proposed in Region 7b.
As Official Opposition we are also concerned with how things are happening and our MLA's from that area have taken the lead on this issue. They have recently sent a letter, which I have attached for your information. I will make sure to let them know that this issue is also impacting many people from my riding and that they fully understand this.
Thank you again for taking the time to email me.

LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY
of BRITISH COLUMBIA
BC Liberal Official Opposition
Parliament Buildings
Victoria, BC V8V 1X4
T: 250-356-6171
BY EMAIL

Honourable Katrine Conroy
Minister of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
Parliament Buildings
Victoria, BC

March 4, 2022

Dear Minister:

British Columbians are concerned about declining ungulate populations. Decisions surrounding
wildlife management in the province of British Columbia must be science-based and not
political. The vast majority of hunters support science-based wildlife management and are
willing to see reductions in wildlife harvest levels to help ungulate populations recover as
needed.

Constituents concerned with the decision to significantly reduce moose hunting opportunities
in Region 7B in north-eastern British Columbia have written to the Official Opposition, asking
for clarity on the government’s decision-making process. You will find these letters enclosed.

When decisions are made behind closed doors, rumours thrive. When wild salmon returns are
down, all invested parties see restrictions on what can be harvested. This is done publicly and
transparently so that everyone can understand the steps that are being taken. In a similar
fashion, the management of ungulate harvest levels should see reductions across the board
when science demonstrates it is required. It is incumbent on the government to be transparent
with British Columbians and provide the rationale for its recent decision. The Official
Opposition calls on the government to:

• open, meaningful conversations about wildlife management to all concerned parties;

• assure British Columbians have fair and equal access to ungulates similarly as to how
wild salmon populations are managed;

• disclose the data surrounding ungulate populations in the area;

• provide a list of stakeholders the government consulted prior to making the decision;

and

• disclose any economic impact studies on the local area resulting from a reduction in
moose hunting.

The right to hunt and fish by Indigenous Peoples is enshrined in the Canadian constitution. It is
important to uphold these rights so that transparent, science-based decisions regarding
ungulate populations can be supported by all. Thousands of British Columbians rely on hunting
to feed their families and hunters are well-aware of the need for strong wildlife management
practices to ensure wildlife populations are healthy and sustainable for the future.

We look forward to your prompt response.

Sincerely,

John Rustad, MLA Nechako Lakes
Dan Davies, MLA Peace River North
Mike Bernier, MLA Peace River South

wildcatter
03-16-2022, 11:43 AM
Re-Posting:

Received a reply from Peter Milobar - MLA Kamloops - North Thompson - Finance Critic

Thank you for your email expressing your concerns regarding the hunting closures being proposed in Region 7b.
As Official Opposition we are also concerned with how things are happening and our MLA's from that area have taken the lead on this issue. They have recently sent a letter, which I have attached for your information. I will make sure to let them know that this issue is also impacting many people from my riding and that they fully understand this.
Thank you again for taking the time to email me.

LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY
of BRITISH COLUMBIA
BC Liberal Official Opposition
Parliament Buildings
Victoria, BC V8V 1X4
T: 250-356-6171
BY EMAIL

Honourable Katrine Conroy
Minister of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
Parliament Buildings
Victoria, BC

March 4, 2022

Dear Minister:

British Columbians are concerned about declining ungulate populations. Decisions surrounding
wildlife management in the province of British Columbia must be science-based and not
political. The vast majority of hunters support science-based wildlife management and are
willing to see reductions in wildlife harvest levels to help ungulate populations recover as
needed.

Constituents concerned with the decision to significantly reduce moose hunting opportunities
in Region 7B in north-eastern British Columbia have written to the Official Opposition, asking
for clarity on the government’s decision-making process. You will find these letters enclosed.

When decisions are made behind closed doors, rumours thrive. When wild salmon returns are
down, all invested parties see restrictions on what can be harvested. This is done publicly and
transparently so that everyone can understand the steps that are being taken. In a similar
fashion, the management of ungulate harvest levels should see reductions across the board
when science demonstrates it is required. It is incumbent on the government to be transparent
with British Columbians and provide the rationale for its recent decision. The Official
Opposition calls on the government to:

• open, meaningful conversations about wildlife management to all concerned parties;

• assure British Columbians have fair and equal access to ungulates similarly as to how
wild salmon populations are managed;

• disclose the data surrounding ungulate populations in the area;

• provide a list of stakeholders the government consulted prior to making the decision;

and

• disclose any economic impact studies on the local area resulting from a reduction in
moose hunting.

The right to hunt and fish by Indigenous Peoples is enshrined in the Canadian constitution. It is
important to uphold these rights so that transparent, science-based decisions regarding
ungulate populations can be supported by all. Thousands of British Columbians rely on hunting
to feed their families and hunters are well-aware of the need for strong wildlife management
practices to ensure wildlife populations are healthy and sustainable for the future.

We look forward to your prompt response.

Sincerely,

John Rustad, MLA Nechako Lakes
Dan Davies, MLA Peace River North
Mike Bernier, MLA Peace River South

Am I missing something?
Shouldn't that be the right to hunt and fish for ALL people?

IronNoggin
03-16-2022, 11:50 AM
The Wild Sheep Society of BC Steps Up:

"The Wild Sheep Society of BC is disheartened to learn that wildlife is once again being used as a bargaining chip. It has come to our attention, along with many concerned stake and title holders across the province that the BC government is making secret deals, with the end goal of putting the entire Region of 7B Peace under moose limited entry, and a complete closure of caribou hunting.

These proposed decisions have been made in blatant contradiction to the Vision, Principles & Goals of Together for Wildlife, the Provincial Wildlife Management Strategy. It is unacceptable that in the adolescence of the Strategy’s implementation its Vision, Principles and Goals are being disregarded in decision making. Instead of upholding these, the proposed decisions are being made under social values, instead of science and evidence-based management and dealing with the cumulative effects of resource extraction.

The WSSBC maintains that it is our intent to recognize and support the rights and title of First Nations in the province and has and will continue to work alongside them on projects. The province needs to put an immediate stop to using wildlife as a pawn in social management decisions that only fuel divisiveness. The division created when we only manage access to wildlife, rather than manage wildlife is unacceptable when the province is committed to implementing Together for Wildlife.

This agreement goes farther than hunting. This affects everyone that uses the outdoors, including hikers, anglers, campers and all who love to embrace the beautiful backcountry. It is imperative to the sustainability of wildlife and habitat, and outdoor recreation that land use decisions, and their associated management plans do not occur in the shadows.

It is critical to sound, successful stewardship that the province supports organizations like ours in building bridges between Stakeholder, Non-Governmental Conservation Organizations and First Nations in pursuit of bettering shared values, rather than place us at ends with one another.

We encourage everyone that is concerned by this to engage their MLA and voice their thoughts in a rational and intelligent manner."

https://www.wildsheepsociety.com/actnow/

They have links to the engagement survey, and present another opportunity to send letters through them to the appropriate MLA & Ministers.

I suggest we all use their suggestions and send them a loud THANKS!

Nog

Quince2
03-17-2022, 10:59 PM
Letters sent but really do the politicians give a f**k now or ever?

HappyJack
03-18-2022, 09:56 AM
Am I missing something?

It should be for all people, but apparently the authors of the Constitution didn't think it would ever be an issue for the dominant culture. The ones that did most of the hunting while the FNs were locked onto reserves were enjoying their privileged free for all.

IronNoggin
03-18-2022, 12:22 PM
Am I missing something?

Yes, it should.
However in this context what they said is true,
The FN's have a constitutionally protected RIGHT to hunt & fish.
We lessers are afforded a PRIVILEGE to do the same...

Unfortunate but true...
Nog

Quince2
03-18-2022, 05:16 PM
Sorry but your out to lunch unhappyjack. No one is forced to stay on reserves, many native people i grew up with left and became very sucessful. FN can hunt at anytime already so spare us the bs.

HappyJack
03-18-2022, 05:22 PM
Sorry but your out to lunch unhappyjack. No one is forced to stay on reserves, many native people i grew up with left and became very sucessful. FN can hunt at anytime already so spare us the bs.

So mr Quince, your ignorance of the history of reserves is pretty evident. Fns couldn't leave reserves without the consent of the Indian Agent. That my little friend is being locked in.

Quince2
03-18-2022, 06:00 PM
Really? Seems that all the FN that i went to school with from reservations had the ability to get off the reserves. Wasnt aware there are still Indian Agents keeping FN's locked on reserves? As for history, my ancestors were hunted and put into gas chambers. It wasn't right and was acknowledged as atrocious but trying to prove histories relevance in todays society doesn't cut it.

HappyJack
03-18-2022, 06:10 PM
The history is completely relevant when the uneducated don't understand the laws we live under, read the header of this thread that in itself is erroneous in the message it is portraying. Read post #106, Mr. Nog has it right.

The issue we are supposed to be discussing here is the NDP and the bull crap they are pulling, it has nothing to do with science or a decline in the moose population it's all about selling out resident hunters to benefit themselves.

Quince2
03-18-2022, 06:14 PM
My point is that there should be hunting laws made for everyone equally and there is nothing wrong with FN having a seat at the table to HELP make decisions for wildlife management in conjunction with government AND scientists/biologists.
Try and take the politics out of this.

emerson
03-18-2022, 07:32 PM
Folks, it’s simple divide and conquer. The various colours of skin are viewed the same by the governments. They just make sure we are unhappy with each other so we don’t compare notes and realize we are both being screwed by the same people.

HappyJack
03-18-2022, 07:53 PM
Folks, it’s simple divide and conquer. The various colours of skin are viewed the same by the governments. They just make sure we are unhappy with each other so we don’t compare notes and realize we are both being screwed by the same people.

exactly the ndp

HappyJack
03-18-2022, 07:57 PM
My point is that there should be hunting laws made for everyone equally and there is nothing wrong with FN having a seat at the table to HELP make decisions for wildlife management in conjunction with government AND scientists/biologists.

Easy to say hard to do, if not impossible.

358mag
03-18-2022, 07:57 PM
Please define how the FN"s will "Help" wildlife management for all us tax paying hunters .

HappyJack
03-18-2022, 07:58 PM
Please define how the FN"s will "Help" wildlife management for all us tax paying hunters .

He said 'help make decisions'....like vote on it, make suggestions, create a vision statement that kind of thing.

Deer_Slayer
03-18-2022, 09:17 PM
I now identify as a first nation person and I use the pronoun "me". Problem solved

Deer_Slayer
03-18-2022, 09:20 PM
First nation "traditional hunts" must be done "traditionally". No use of vehicles, no atv's, no firearms, no metal knives, and no clothing from Cabelas. Go out on foot with your traditional crappy bow or speer and harvest a moose. Pack it on your backs with no modern backpacks. Fill your boots traditionally!

wildcatter
03-18-2022, 10:26 PM
Yes, it should.
However in this context what they said is true,
The FN's have a constitutionally protected RIGHT to hunt & fish.
We lessers are afforded a PRIVILEGE to do the same...

Unfortunate but true...
Nog

So their right can not be taken away whereas our privilege can at the whim of a politician.
What a screwed up world.

POPS
03-19-2022, 01:14 AM
:cry::sad:ONE LAND,ONE PEOPLE,ONE LAW .

dapesche
03-19-2022, 05:44 AM
Easy to say hard to do, if not impossible.

I think the hard part may be on the FN side.
They have a court decision in their favour that is now tucked in their backpocket.

It's a pretty good bargaining chip when your sitting at the table attempting to come up with a plan.

Now if you look at the court decision and what they asked for (more moose, in convenient locations, enabling high success rates) compared to what was said in the original treat 8, they've taken some serious liberties in the translation on that document into current times.

Instead of grabbing at more handouts from our lazy ass gov't, FN need to make the HARD decision to start working together with the next generation of British Columbians.

You can see the racism on this forum and we all know there is racism on the FN side.

I've seen a FN on FB defending their open hunting year round and when he got his back into a corner the guy started dropping the residential school defense and playing the victim.

FN needs to most past playing the victim (their next generation) and on our side we need to ditch the racism and now we're feeling the like the victims (if you read this thread).

It's a sloppy mess but everyone needs to come to the table and stop complaining and just work together. The working together isn't hard.

chilcotin hillbilly
03-19-2022, 06:16 AM
POACHER!!! Nothing stopping you from hiring an outfitter, after all they are getting 25% of the moose tags.

You need to get your facts straight. Allocation of 25 % of the harvest which if you look at the numbers would be about 2 moose per effect outfitter a year, potentially putting them out of business. It is not 25% of the tags.
You need to realize licensed hunters working together is better and more effective than fighting for the small piece of pie the government is leaving on the table.
You would do a lot more good if you didn't spend your time hating on outfitters and worked on putting more animals on the ground instead.

Cheers, CB

HappyJack
03-19-2022, 08:19 AM
I think the hard part may be on the FN side.
They have a court decision in their favour that is now tucked in their backpocket.

It's a pretty good bargaining chip when your sitting at the table attempting to come up with a plan.

Now if you look at the court decision and what they asked for (more moose, in convenient locations, enabling high success rates) compared to what was said in the original treat 8, they've taken some serious liberties in the translation on that document into current times.

Instead of grabbing at more handouts from our lazy ass gov't, FN need to make the HARD decision to start working together with the next generation of British Columbians.

You can see the racism on this forum and we all know there is racism on the FN side.

I've seen a FN on FB defending their open hunting year round and when he got his back into a corner the guy started dropping the residential school defense and playing the victim.

FN needs to most past playing the victim (their next generation) and on our side we need to ditch the racism and now we're feeling the like the victims (if you read this thread).

It's a sloppy mess but everyone needs to come to the table and stop complaining and just work together. The working together isn't hard.

FNs have the ultimate bargaining chip, their right to hunt is enshrined in the Canadian Constitution. It's not their job to look after the interests of the rest of the hunters out there, why would they even consider it when so many take every opportunity to crap on them? I know that I'm sure not inclined to 'work with' some dufus that spends his time trying to get me fired or have the boss take away my free work gloves.

Even people that don't feel they are racist will make racist comments like this one: "Instead of grabbing at more handouts from our lazy ass gov't, FN need to make the HARD decision". And on the other side of their mouth they say lets work together? People you insult will not work with you.

So lets talk about hand outs from govt. How many Canadians collected CERB? How many businesses lined up for covid hand outs? How many seniors collect GIS? No race baiting here, just plain old Canadians collecting hand outs from govt. Free hand outs from government aren't exclusive to FNs so people need to quit using those hurtful words when it's totally uncalled for. Lots of Canadians, lots of immigrants, lots of companies all have their hands out collecting benefits off our tax dollars. Even parents of young children are collecting.

HappyJack
03-19-2022, 08:28 AM
You need to get your facts straight. Allocation of 25 % of the harvest which if you look at the numbers would be about 2 moose per effect outfitter a year, potentially putting them out of business. It is not 25% of the tags.
You need to realize licensed hunters working together is better and more effective than fighting for the small piece of pie the government is leaving on the table.
You would do a lot more good if you didn't spend your time hating on outfitters and worked on putting more animals on the ground instead.

Cheers, CB

Well those outfitters getting 2 tags per year each will be doing a lot better than the thousands of resident hunters that can only get them if they pay big money to buy a hunt. I agree hunters working together is what is needed, outfitters are not hunters they are corporations selling a service for profit. Their interests are not the same as mine.

Outfitters are generally selling hunts to Trophy hunters, the vast majority of BC residents DO NOT support trophy hunting, you want the NDP supporters in the LML to call their MLA about the proposed changes then have them mad that TROPHY hunts are pushing aside resident meat hunters. You know as well as I do, the govt will completely lock resident hunters out and leave the outfitters operating. In the end it will be FNs and outfitters hunting the rest of us will be knitting.

LBM
03-19-2022, 08:35 AM
Well those outfitters getting 2 tags per year each will be doing a lot better than the thousands of resident hunters that can only get them if they pay big money to buy a hunt. I agree hunters working together is what is needed, outfitters are not hunters they are corporations selling a service for profit. Their interests are not the same as mine.

Outfitters are generally selling hunts to Trophy hunters, the vast majority of BC residents DO NOT support trophy hunting, you want the NDP supporters in the LML to call their MLA about the proposed changes then have them mad that TROPHY hunts are pushing aside resident meat hunters. You know as well as I do, the govt will completely lock resident hunters out and leave the outfitters operating. In the end it will be FNs and outfitters hunting the rest of us will be knitting.

So what to you is this Trophy hunting you are bringing up.

HappyJack
03-19-2022, 08:40 AM

Trophy hunting is what they have convinced people is evil. It's shooting the biggest and the best, ruining the herd genetics, taking only the head and the horns. Define Trophy hunting, and ask if people support trophy hunting and even a lot of hunters will say no they don't. Most people don't support grizzly hunting, they don't support predator hunting....but they will support hunting for food and probably for having our food taken away from us if we framed it right.

bearvalley
03-19-2022, 09:29 AM
Trophy hunting is what they have convinced people is evil. It's shooting the biggest and the best, ruining the herd genetics, taking only the head and the horns. Define Trophy hunting, and ask if people support trophy hunting and even a lot of hunters will say no they don't. Most people don't support grizzly hunting, they don't support predator hunting....but they will support hunting for food and probably for having our food taken away from us if we framed it right.

Where in BC can anyone do this so called “trophy hunting” you talk about?

dapesche
03-19-2022, 10:08 AM
FNs have the ultimate bargaining chip, their right to hunt is enshrined in the Canadian Constitution. It's not their job to look after the interests of the rest of the hunters out there, why would they even consider it when so many take every opportunity to crap on them? I know that I'm sure not inclined to 'work with' some dufus that spends his time trying to get me fired or have the boss take away my free work gloves.

Precisely my point. Both sides have their generational issue. My hope is that my generation (age 39) and FN of that same age can get past the previous BS and realize that we need to move forward vs dwell on the past; the past that I had no part of, and the same is true for the FN as well. This is a generational change that has to happen.

Even people that don't feel they are racist will make racist comments like this one: "Instead of grabbing at more handouts from our lazy ass gov't, FN need to make the HARD decision". And on the other side of their mouth they say lets work together? People you insult will not work with you.

You are making my point. The gent on the other FB group was quick to bring up residential schools (it looked like he was in his early 30s) and now you are quick to call me racist. It's an easy accusation to make though.

My 'handout' statement is a key point that I'd like your thoughts on. In my opinion the Federal and Provincial has completely botched their handling of First Nations in our Province/Country. Just looking at the amount of anger on both sides means that their approach is not working. Generally speaking, their approach seems to be a transfer of $$ to the many Nations for them to live autonomously on their 'reserves' (correct me if I am wrong). Recently they have been giving up chunks of land as well, but there is still anger from the FN side. So when I call the latest proposal a 'handout', it's basically another gift/appeasement that doesn't fix the true problem... The problem is resource development and the impact on wildlife. There is more than enough wildlife up in the Peace for everyone.

Now from the Court Case:

In particular, she found that BRFN’s treaty rights to meaningfully hunt, fish and trap within the BRFN traditional territory have been significantly and meaningfully diminished, such that BRFN’s rights under Treaty 8 have been infringed .... (absolutely agree)

Among other things, Justice Burke found that BRFN’s Treaty 8 rights depend on healthy populations of moose and other wildlife so that the BRFN members have a chance at being successful on their hunts and do not need to travel far from or outside of their territory to find game (para 437). She also noted that BRFN’s way of life depends on a relatively stable environment, and that if forests are cut, or critical habitats are destroyed, it is not as simple as finding another place to hunt (para 433).

And from the Treaty No. 8 agreement from 1899:

And Her Majesty the Queen HEREBY AGREES with the said Indians that they shall have right to pursue their usual vocations of hunting, trapping and fishing throughout the tract surrendered as heretofore described, subject to such regulations as may from time to time be made by the Government of the country, acting under the authority of Her Majesty, and saving and excepting such tracts as may be required or taken up from time to time for settlement, mining, lumbering, trading or other purposes.

My thought:
The court case resolution seems pretty sweet and, specifically, the interpretation of the original treat in how it applies to hunting now a days.
I'd love to not have to travel far to hunt, and to find game. I'd love to have a 100% success rate when I hunt. Was that a reality back in the 1900s? Was there summer camps and fall hunting camps that men moved between. Was that a short 20 min trip on a horse. I don't know.

All I know is that this BRFN members have a chance at being successful on their hunts and do not need to travel far from or outside of their territory to find game (para 437). can easily be accomplished with a more strict regulation change. ex. First Nation hunting season from Aug 15 to Sept 15...if you haven't gotten one by then you probably suck at hunting :). Then BC resident season starts Sept 16th. .... something along those lines.

To completely cut resident hunters off and force an LEH is not working together. That is is divisive and pissing people off.

So lets talk about hand outs from govt. How many Canadians collected CERB? How many businesses lined up for covid hand outs? How many seniors collect GIS? No race baiting here, just plain old Canadians collecting hand outs from govt. Free hand outs from government aren't exclusive to FNs so people need to quit using those hurtful words when it's totally uncalled for. Lots of Canadians, lots of immigrants, lots of companies all have their hands out collecting benefits off our tax dollars. Even parents of young children are collecting.

I don't like Trudeau. He is bad for Canada and a spineless leader. I can shit on him. No one cares. If that same person was Jagmeet Singh, would I then be a racist for not liking him?

In regards to CERB and COVID:
I'm willing to bet that by the Winter of 2020/21, at least 3/4 of the CDN population was ready to move on from this shit and they were getting tired of the handouts. Some people really needed, while others absolutely do not.

But specifically to CPP, OAS, GIS, CERB, FN contribution and support:
The intent of OAS and GIS is to flow cash flow from our tax dollars towards folks that need it. ... CERB is more of a want at this point. GIS is for people that really need the $$. CPP we pay for through payroll deductions. My point is that there is a positive effect on receivers of the $$.

In regards to FN contributions and support, I don't see the same positive impact which tells me the gov't is doing it wrong. There is a different want....what do you think is that want?

IronNoggin
03-19-2022, 12:11 PM
Three days remain to get your comments into the government survey:

https://apps.nrs.gov.bc.ca/ahte/content/close-peace-caribou-hunts-and-reduce-peace-moose-hunts-region-wide

358mag
03-19-2022, 09:24 PM
He said 'help make decisions'....like vote on it, make suggestions, create a vision statement that kind of thing.

So kind of like the same odd's of us " Whity's" winning 6/49

358mag
03-19-2022, 09:26 PM

Cheers, CB

^^^X2^^^^
Something that BCWF is totally fighting against .

358mag
03-19-2022, 09:33 PM

So would that be the same as a " FN's " taking just the hind quarters or maybe just the unborn fetus or is that a different type of trophy hunting ? B y the way us "Whity's " have to live under and obey by .

Vortex hunter
03-19-2022, 09:40 PM
first nation "traditional hunts" must be done "traditionally". No use of vehicles, no atv's, no firearms, no metal knives, and no clothing from cabelas. Go out on foot with your traditional crappy bow or speer and harvest a moose. Pack it on your backs with no modern backpacks. Fill your boots traditionally!

agree with you...

HappyJack
03-20-2022, 07:35 AM
So would that be the same as a " FN's " taking just the hind quarters or maybe just the unborn fetus or is that a different type of trophy hunting ? B y the way us "Whity's " have to live under and obey by .

Absolutely, why shoot it and leave it to rot? Unless it's a predator of course.

HappyJack
03-20-2022, 07:38 AM

It's what people are against, shooting grizzly bears and leaving the meat behind, shooting a 60inch bull moose for the antlers and abandoning the meat, it's shooting a giraffe. To some it includes shooting wolves and coyotes, even gophers. Wanton killing for the sake of killing. I am sure if you really need an exhaustive list you'd do better asking one of the anti hunting organizations.

HarryToolips
03-20-2022, 07:54 AM
It's what people are against, shooting grizzly bears and leaving the meat behind, shooting a 60inch bull moose for the antlers and abandoning the meat, it's shooting a giraffe. To some it includes shooting wolves and coyotes, even gophers. Wanton killing for the sake of killing. I am sure if you really need an exhaustive list you'd do better asking one of the anti hunting organizations.

If one is following the hunting regulations, you cannot leave the meat behind (except for meat make inedible by the method of taking)...so how can they claim we are trophy hunting?

HappyJack
03-20-2022, 08:02 AM
If one is following the hunting regulations, you cannot leave the meat behind (except for meat make inedible by the method of taking)...so how can they claim we are trophy hunting?

Harry~you are talking about Green Peace, Pacific Wild, and all the other anti hunting tree licking tofu sucking organizations you can come up with, even the SPCA. The will claim anything, say anything, do anything to stop or reduce hunting of any kind. They are the ones that zeroed in on the term "trophy hunting" and have used it as a tool to convince like minded govt and idiots that when you shoot a big deer or moose that you must be trophy hunting.

bearvalley
03-20-2022, 08:06 AM

Jack, you’re talking out your ass again.
Its because of clowns like you that keep spinning the narrative that 60” bull moose are being shot for the antlers and the meat left to rot that the public buys into the trophy hunt BS here in BC.
By regulation all edible portions are to come out.
If a Guide Outfitter left a moose to rot, he’d lose his business.
If a licensed resident left part of his moose to rot, he’d get a fine.
Keep up your divisiveness.

HarryToolips
03-20-2022, 08:08 AM
Harry~you are talking about Green Peace, Pacific Wild, and all the other anti hunting tree licking tofu sucking organizations you can come up with, even the SPCA. The will claim anything, say anything, do anything to stop or reduce hunting of any kind. They are the ones that zeroed in on the term "trophy hunting" and have used it as a tool to convince like minded govt and idiots that when you shoot a big deer or moose that you must be trophy hunting.

Well then, we have to be more diligent on calling them out on their lies..

HappyJack
03-20-2022, 08:30 AM
Its because of clowns like you that keep spinning the narrative that 60” bull moose are being shot for the antlers and the meat left to rot that the public buys into the trophy hunt BS here in BC.

Jeezus you are being dense, I am talking about how anti hunters spin trophy hunting. Tell me honestly if you've never seen some idiot saying that shooting all the big mature moose or deer takes the best genetics out of the herd so it's a bad thing, that trophy hunting.

HappyJack
03-20-2022, 08:36 AM

PS~~ on being divisive. Absolutely when the issue is if there should be guided hunters getting moose tags where
Resident hunters have to compete through an LEH for a moose tag in the same area. Resident hunters should always come before non resident hunters. IF the game populations are healthy and resident hunters aren't being restricted then I would support guided [or accompanied] hunts.

Resident opportunity before non-resident, no apologies ever for that position.

browningboy
03-20-2022, 09:33 AM
If Trudeau keeps pushing all guns will be gone so this Indian thing won’t even be an issue, sad that it seems like we are getting shit from all angles

wildcatter
03-20-2022, 11:22 AM
If Trudeau keeps pushing all guns will be gone so this Indian thing won’t even be an issue, sad that it seems like we are getting shit from all angles

Even if our guns get confiscated I bet the Indians will be able to keep theirs.

dapesche
03-20-2022, 12:38 PM
Precisely my point. Both sides have their generational issue. My hope is that my generation (age 39) and FN of that same age can get past the previous BS and realize that we need to move forward vs dwell on the past; the past that I had no part of, and the same is true for the FN as well. This is a generational change that has to happen.

You are making my point. The gent on the other FB group was quick to bring up residential schools (it looked like he was in his early 30s) and now you are quick to call me racist. It's an easy accusation to make though.

My 'handout' statement is a key point that I'd like your thoughts on. In my opinion the Federal and Provincial has completely botched their handling of First Nations in our Province/Country. Just looking at the amount of anger on both sides means that their approach is not working. Generally speaking, their approach seems to be a transfer of $$ to the many Nations for them to live autonomously on their 'reserves' (correct me if I am wrong). Recently they have been giving up chunks of land as well, but there is still anger from the FN side. So when I call the latest proposal a 'handout', it's basically another gift/appeasement that doesn't fix the true problem... The problem is resource development and the impact on wildlife. There is more than enough wildlife up in the Peace for everyone.

Now from the Court Case:

In particular, she found that BRFN’s treaty rights to meaningfully hunt, fish and trap within the BRFN traditional territory have been significantly and meaningfully diminished, such that BRFN’s rights under Treaty 8 have been infringed .... (absolutely agree)

Among other things, Justice Burke found that BRFN’s Treaty 8 rights depend on healthy populations of moose and other wildlife so that the BRFN members have a chance at being successful on their hunts and do not need to travel far from or outside of their territory to find game (para 437). She also noted that BRFN’s way of life depends on a relatively stable environment, and that if forests are cut, or critical habitats are destroyed, it is not as simple as finding another place to hunt (para 433).

And Her Majesty the Queen HEREBY AGREES with the said Indians that they shall have right to pursue their usual vocations of hunting, trapping and fishing throughout the tract surrendered as heretofore described, subject to such regulations as may from time to time be made by the Government of the country, acting under the authority of Her Majesty, and saving and excepting such tracts as may be required or taken up from time to time for settlement, mining, lumbering, trading or other purposes.

My thought:
The court case resolution seems pretty sweet and, specifically, the interpretation of the original treat in how it applies to hunting now a days.
I'd love to not have to travel far to hunt, and to find game. I'd love to have a 100% success rate when I hunt. Was that a reality back in the 1900s? Was there summer camps and fall hunting camps that men moved between. Was that a short 20 min trip on a horse. I don't know.

All I know is that this BRFN members have a chance at being successful on their hunts and do not need to travel far from or outside of their territory to find game (para 437). can easily be accomplished with a more strict regulation change. ex. First Nation hunting season from Aug 15 to Sept 15...if you haven't gotten one by then you probably suck at hunting :). Then BC resident season starts Sept 16th. .... something along those lines.

To completely cut resident hunters off and force an LEH is not working together. That is is divisive and pissing people off.

I don't like Trudeau. He is bad for Canada and a spineless leader. I can shit on him. No one cares. If that same person was Jagmeet Singh, would I then be a racist for not liking him?

I'm willing to bet that by the Winter of 2020/21, at least 3/4 of the CDN population was ready to move on from this shit and they were getting tired of the handouts. Some people really needed, while others absolutely do not.

The intent of OAS and GIS is to flow cash flow from our tax dollars towards folks that need it. ... CERB is more of a want at this point. GIS is for people that really need the $$. CPP we pay for through payroll deductions. My point is that there is a positive effect on receivers of the $$.

In regards to FN contributions and support, I don't see the same positive impact which tells me the gov't is doing it wrong. There is a different want....what do you think is that want?

Happy jack.

Curious to have your thoughts on this.

Thanks

HappyJack
03-20-2022, 01:56 PM
Precisely my point. Both sides have their generational issue. My hope is that my generation (age 39) and FN of that same age can get past the previous BS and realize that we need to move forward vs dwell on the past; the past that I had no part of, and the same is true for the FN as well. This is a generational change that has to happen That is easy for us to say, don't dwell on the past. Unfortunately the past has had long lasting effects on the FNs, and it still is. There are lots still alive that lived through the residential schools, the bad racism etc etc etc and there are still things going on that continue the racism towards FNs. Like the police dropping them off outside of town in -40, like ignoring them in hospital emergency rooms etc etc etc. While what you are saying seems to make perfect sense, the manner in which it's put across just sounds like. 'time to get over it'.

My 'handout' statement is a key point that I'd like your thoughts on. In my opinion the Federal and Provincial has completely botched their handling of First Nations in our Province/Country. Just looking at the amount of anger on both sides means that their approach is not working. Generally speaking, their approach seems to be a transfer of $$ to the many Nations for them to live autonomously on their 'reserves' (correct me if I am wrong). Recently they have been giving up chunks of land as well, but there is still anger from the FN side. So when I call the latest proposal a 'handout', it's basically another gift/appeasement that doesn't fix the true problem... The problem is resource development and the impact on wildlife. There is more than enough wildlife up in the Peace for everyone. ​Calling an out of court settlement a handout is clearly showing how you perceive it, the courts could very well have ruled that all economic development in the region be halted. Would that have been more to our liking? Giving away our moose hunting and millions of dollars in a settlement may have seemed cheap to the govt. Nobody has been 'giving up chunks of land' again those are court ruling that the FNs hold legal title to the land they are claiming. Basically saying it's private property. It wasn't only an issue of wildlife numbers, it was also breaking a treaty by not consulting and allowing industrial activity that impact them, it's a complicated issue and definitely not a gift.

Now from the Court Case:

My thought:
I'd love to not have to travel far to hunt, and to find game. I'd love to have a 100% success rate when I hunt. Was that a reality back in the 1900s? Was there summer camps and fall hunting camps that men moved between. Was that a short 20 min trip on a horse. I don't knowWell I know from experience there was way more game in the past, even in my lifetime, the reasons for declines include predation, some over hunting [see elk openings and thousands of leh tags] , expanded access and habitat destruction.

All I know is that this BRFN members have a chance at being successful on their hunts and do not need to travel far from or outside of their territory to find game (para 437). can easily be accomplished with a more strict regulation change. ex. First Nation hunting season from Aug 15 to Sept 15...if you haven't gotten one by then you probably suck at hunting :). Then BC resident season starts Sept 16th. .... something along those lines Unfortunately we have no say in that, from where I stand they probably could have put in hunting closures in specific areas like they do with closures in other areas, and that would have addressed the issue.

I don't like Trudeau. He is bad for Canada and a spineless leader. I can shit on him. No one cares. If that same person was Jagmeet Singh, would I then be a racist for not liking hi No, Jagmeet is an ass, you're not being racis if you don't support his support of Trudeau

In regards to FN contributions and support, I don't see the same positive impact which tells me the gov't is doing it wrong. There is a different want....what do you think is that want?cThere is a positive effect of $$ going to FNs, maybe not in all bands, and maybe not in all programs but there are positive things happening with some of it. It's not a handout as you paint it, it's no different than Child Benefits, CERB payouts etc etc etc. IF you don't want to make yourself seem racist you have to learn to choose your words with more care.

last light
03-20-2022, 04:20 PM
Another reminder to make your voice heard on the proposal before it's too late! Only takes a few minutes, share your feelings, be polite and professional.

We are all part of the human race, time for the racism and division to stop.

LBM
03-20-2022, 04:22 PM

Who is they, it seems like its you that keeps using the term.

LBM
03-20-2022, 04:24 PM
Absolutely, why shoot it and leave it to rot? Unless it's a predator of course.

So your saying its ok to shoot a predator and leave it to rot, interesting.

LBM
03-20-2022, 04:26 PM

I think it was bearvalley that asked where is this happening.
In your other post you seem to think its ok to kill predators and leave them,
many seem to think bears are predators.

LBM
03-20-2022, 04:28 PM

x 2...........

HappyJack
03-22-2022, 07:24 AM
I think it was bearvalley that asked where is this happening.
In your other post you seem to think its ok to kill predators and leave them,
many seem to think bears are predators.

Absolutely, bears are predators. Grizzly bear hunters rarely took the meat out, they were hunting for hides and claws and got tagged as Trophy Hunters. It never bothered me at all that they were hunting grizzly bears and leaving most of it to feed the other forest critters out there. I've shot many wolves and coyotes, guaranteed I never brought an ounce of meat out of the bush with me either.

The anti hunting organizations have focused in on what they call trophy hunting, and they have broad support to stop the practice of trophy hunting. People don't support the rich German Trophy Hunter coming to Canada and shooting a giant moose so they can take the antlers home and give the meat to the villagers, same as they don't support rich American Trophy Hunters going to Africa and shooting elephants and giving the meat to the villagers. It seems some dolts have a hard time comprehending where all this trophy hunter stuff started, and others are too dense to understand that when the government makes an allocation of a species of animals and gives a percentage of that allocation to the guides that they are perpetuating the old feudal system where the rich land baron can hunt the game and the poor peasants cannot. In our case the poor peasants can apply for an leh and could possibly never get a tag in a lifetime of trying...while that hunter with deep pockets can simply belly up to the bar and buy a tag through an outfitter. People whine all day and night about the preferential treatment indians get for hunting but think preferential treatment for the rich is ok?? Typical colonial thinking.

bearvalley
03-22-2022, 08:37 AM
Absolutely, bears are predators. Grizzly bear hunters rarely took the meat out, they were hunting for hides and claws and got tagged as Trophy Hunters. It never bothered me at all that they were hunting grizzly bears and leaving most of it to feed the other forest critters out there. I've shot many wolves and coyotes, guaranteed I never brought an ounce of meat out of the bush with me either.

The anti hunting organizations have focused in on what they call trophy hunting, and they have broad support to stop the practice of trophy hunting. People don't support the rich German Trophy Hunter coming to Canada and shooting a giant moose so they can take the antlers home and give the meat to the villagers, same as they don't support rich American Trophy Hunters going to Africa and shooting elephants and giving the meat to the villagers. It seems some dolts have a hard time comprehending where all this trophy hunter stuff started, and others are too dense to understand that when the government makes an allocation of a species of animals and gives a percentage of that allocation to the guides that they are perpetuating the old feudal system where the rich land baron can hunt the game and the poor peasants cannot. In our case the poor peasants can apply for an leh and could possibly never get a tag in a lifetime of trying...while that hunter with deep pockets can simply belly up to the bar and buy a tag through an outfitter. People whine all day and night about the preferential treatment indians get for hunting but think preferential treatment for the rich is ok?? Typical colonial thinking.

Interesting comments on what you deem trophy hunting and that some, who can’t logistically take an entire moose home and therefor donated the meat to a local First Nations village, and have the meat divided amongst the elders……are not in the same class of hunter as you.
There lies a problem.
What makes you think your moose that benefitted “you” was utilized in a “SUPERIOR” way to a moose that put food in the table for 6 or 8 elders that can no longer hunt.
Also, there’s a proposal that 50% of the moose harvested within one FN’s traditional territory in 7B by licensed non residents go to that band.
Do you think that they really give a shit that you’ve labelled them as contributors to trophy hunting?
What happens when they ask for half of yours?
Are you now a trophy hunter?
Jack….you’re off the path again.
Jack, how many “poor peasants” are driving the length of the province with the goal in mind to put cheap protein in their freezer?
Somebody better do the math on that one.
We all hunt because we enjoy the tradition….damn few hunt because they have to and you just took a slam at the ones that do need moose meat.
Good one Jack!

HappyJack
03-22-2022, 08:48 AM
Interesting comments on what you deem trophy hunting and that some, who can’t logistically take an entire moose home and therefor donated the meat to a local First Nations village, and have the meat divided amongst the elders……are not in the same class of hunter as you.
There lies a problem.
What makes you think your moose that benefitted “you” was utilized in a “SUPERIOR” way to a moose that put food in the table for 6 or 8 elders that can no longer hunt.
Also, there’s a proposal that 50% of the moose harvested within one FN’s traditional territory in 7B by licensed non residents go to that band.
Do you think that they really give a shit that you’ve labelled them as contributors to trophy hunting?
What happens when they ask for half of yours?
Are you now a trophy hunter?
Jack….you’re off the path again.
Jack, how many “poor peasants” are driving the length of the province with the goal in mind to put cheap protein in their freezer?
Somebody better do the math on that one.
We all hunt because we enjoy the tradition….damn few hunt because they have to and you just took a slam at the ones that do need moose meat.
Good one Jack!

You make money off the trophy hunters, the voice of corporate profits. You have defined trophy hunting by your very actions. What more resident hunters need to realize that it's not only first nations privilege they should focus on, they should pay attention to trophy hunter privilege as that is the one that threatens their hunts more than anything else.

How soon people forget the previous governments largess by allocating more game tags to the outfitters, money talks and the threat is very great when we are up against the bottomless pockets of the elite wealthy of this world. When the wealthy want more moose tags in 7B who do you think will be the losers? Not the FNs that is for sure.

bearvalley
03-22-2022, 10:31 AM
You make money off the trophy hunters, the voice of corporate profits. You have defined trophy hunting by your very actions. What more resident hunters need to realize that it's not only first nations privilege they should focus on, they should pay attention to trophy hunter privilege as that is the one that threatens their hunts more than anything else.
How soon people forget the previous governments largess by allocating more game tags to the outfitters, money talks and the threat is very great when we are up against the bottomless pockets of the elite wealthy of this world. When the wealthy want more moose tags in 7B who do you think will be the losers? Not the FNs that is for sure.

Jack, you seem to have an issue with people that own businesses and work for a living.
That points to you being in government or on welfare.
If welfares what it is, you should get your sustenance moose….nobody should hold you back from going hungry.
If your government employed, I doubt you’ve leaked much sweat for the coin earned….enough said!

IronNoggin
03-22-2022, 11:11 AM
Arguing semantics while Rome burns Ladz?

A hell of a lot more worthwhile to take some action and address the cusp of the matter!

Already it is spilling over into adjacent Regions, and growing.
7A and Region 6 are on the list. More to follow soon if this isn't nipped in the bud now!
Writing is very much on the wall if this proceeds!

Those that are sitting on their laurels thinking this will not effect them, think again!
Already hungry eyes well south of the Peace are turning towards deer and elk.
I suggest it is in your best interest to get involved while you still have the opportunity to do so!!

While limited time remains to get an email or letter (or many of each) headed in the right direction, please note:

Today represents the FINAL DAY to get your comments in to the government survey!

https://apps.nrs.gov.bc.ca/ahte/content/close-peace-caribou-hunts-and-reduce-peace-moose-hunts-region-wide

If you haven't already, please do!!

Cheers & Thanks!
Nog

bearvalley
03-22-2022, 12:22 PM
Arguing semantics while Rome burns Ladz?

A hell of a lot more worthwhile to take some action and address the cusp of the matter!

7A and Region 6 are on the list. More to follow soon if this isn't nipped in the bud now!

Those that are sitting on their laurels thinking this will not effect them, think again!
Already hungry eyes well south of the Peace are turning towards deer and elk.
I suggest it is in your best interest to get involved while you still have the opportunity to do so!!

While limited time remains to get an email or letter (or many of each) headed in the right direction, please note:

Today represents the FINAL DAY to get your comments in to the government survey!

If you haven't already, please do!!

Cheers & Thanks!
Nog
Matt, as you know I’ve been behind reversing this proposal from the start.
As for any pokes back and forth with Jack….it’s part sadistical humor and part trying to correct a wrong message that he’s trying to push.
Do you think Jacks done his part to see to it we still hunt in the north?
As Nog would say …..wondering.
Also noticeable several other vocal ones that are in the “know” have disappeared now that the crunch is on.
My thanks your way for trying to steer this bus.

HappyJack
03-22-2022, 01:41 PM
Damm rights my letters have been sent, and more. Difference between honest working folks like myself, and bearvalley is this, it isn't a monetary issue for me. It's a matter of principle, while resident hunters are under LEH there should be zero tags allotted to be sold to the highest bidder. NO SPECIAL PRIVILEGES FOR THE RICH AND WEALTHY, they want to hunt our moose when we are under LEH then move to BC, raise your family here, pay taxes and win a tag in the LEH draw like the rest of us are expected too. Is that such a concept to wrap your head around?

BRvalley
03-22-2022, 01:50 PM
I have submitted my feedback on the survey and written letters to MLA's, requested meeting but no response yet

I recall somewhere in this thread, it was mentioned having lazy, apathetic hunting partners who don't get engaged but will complain later....I have some buddies like that, i get the frustration

I think part of it stems from not knowing the full history of mismanagement in BC, understanding the precedence this sets and slippery slope, and just generally being busy guys with work/families, limited free time to read up on everything that is going on...not always intentional imo

so step up and pick up the slack, make it easy for these friends, write the letters for them, put their names on it, and then stop by, shoot the shit and explain things, get their signature, pop it in the mail for them

Rob Chipman
03-22-2022, 02:14 PM
What makes you think your moose that benefitted “you” was utilized in a “SUPERIOR” way to a....

That kind of goes right to the heart of the anti-TH argument, right? You can still argue that it's distasteful, but the "it's a waste of meat" kind of founders once we realize we live in a closed system.

Rob Chipman
03-22-2022, 02:16 PM
What more resident hunters need to realize that it's not only first nations privilege they should focus on, they should pay attention to trophy hunter privilege as that is the one that threatens their hunts more than anything else.

You make a lot of good points, but I think you're making this one by accident: the thing threatening resident hunter access right now is industrial activity. This whole Yahey decision and the government's wrong headed response? It's all a result of industrial activity not being regulated properly (proven by the fact that the cumulative effects of it were proven to be a breach of a treaty and 8 months later, here we are).

Rob Chipman
03-22-2022, 02:19 PM

Successful evolutionary adaptations tend to survive and spread. I'd argue it's going further than you're currently projecting.

Your main point about fiddling while Rome burns? Absolutely on point.

Go register your displeasure. Lots of ways in addition to the ATHE page. BCWF, WSS, Howl for Wildlife.

J_T
03-22-2022, 02:45 PM
Successful evolutionary adaptations tend to survive and spread. I'd argue it's going further than you're currently projecting.

Your main point about fiddling while Rome burns? Absolutely on point.

Go register your displeasure. Lots of ways in addition to the ATHE page. BCWF, WSS, Howl for Wildlife.

What is interesting about the LEH proposal in R6 is that once again, no one asked for this reg amendment. It seemed Gov refused to accept the data. They shared data with us from 1976 to 2016 on population numbers. Um, that's helpful..... They consulted with us around the removal of the BOS. We submitted a strongly worded reply because we don't agree with holistic LEH. LEH is one of the greatest risks to the continuation of the hunt. I have to assume all of this came up because Gov knew what was coming in 7B and they tried to make a conservation case for R6, but really, were focused on managing the hunter spill over from 7B.

If you want a copy of our submission for R6, don't hesitate to message me with an email.

leadpillproductions
03-22-2022, 04:42 PM
Well we should know in a few days just how bad this is going to get for resident hunters!

HappyJack
03-22-2022, 04:55 PM
Well we should know in a few days just how bad this is going to get for resident hunters!

To many of us it's bad enough to form a convoy and block all the streets in Victoria [tongue in cheek], but truthfully there are a lot of resident hunters that would just go moose hunt and tell the govt to be damned. In some instances civil disobedience could be considered justified.

LBM
03-22-2022, 06:12 PM

Its just people labeling things like you keep doing calling it trophy hunting. Same as calling certain wildlife predators just a label to make them sound bad. If you want to call them predators them you must remember which is the top
predator of them all (humans)
It seems like the only one that keeps throwing out the term Trophy hunting is you, and keep saying how bad it is, yet by your own description that is what you are.

HappyJack
03-22-2022, 06:25 PM
Its just people labeling things like you keep doing calling it trophy hunting. Same as calling certain wildlife predators just a label to make them sound bad. If you want to call them predators them you must remember which is the top
predator of them all (humans)
It seems like the only one that keeps throwing out the term Trophy hunting is you, and keep saying how bad it is, yet by your own description that is what you are.

Over your head obviously.

rageous
03-22-2022, 07:11 PM
From what I’ve been told region 6 will see closures as well because any unsuccessful leh 7b hunters would now have potentially flocked to region 6. So much could be lost.

In case you might not know, you don’t have to be a hunter to login and vote/comment on this proposal.
wife,kid, friends etc.

Last day.

thick
03-23-2022, 07:03 AM
Registration here for the round table virtual meeting with MLA’s next Wed evening Mar 30th. Large turnout may be beneficial. https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/proposed-hunting-regulations-virtual-roundtable-with-the-bc-liberal-caucus-tickets-298262881307

HarryToolips
03-23-2022, 07:15 AM
To many of us it's bad enough to form a convoy and block all the streets in Victoria [tongue in cheek], but truthfully there are a lot of resident hunters that would just go moose hunt and tell the govt to be damned. In some instances civil disobedience could be considered justified.
Exactly right...and if they don't want the revenue for tags, that's on them...

HarryToolips
03-23-2022, 07:21 AM
Registration here for the round table virtual meeting with MLA’s next Wed evening Mar 30th. Large turnout may be beneficial. https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/proposed-hunting-regulations-virtual-roundtable-with-the-bc-liberal-caucus-tickets-298262881307
Thanks for posting...let's remember to 'pin' this, or start a thread on it, next Wednesday....

IronNoggin
03-23-2022, 01:51 PM
Seems we have been granted a day's grace!
The government site actually appears to still be open for comment!

Inside sources have noted "The government engagement page was bombarded with comments the last few days. Over 98% want the proposal gone."

So Folks, if you haven't already, please take advantage of the one day's grace...

Cheers & Thanks!
Nog

IronNoggin
03-24-2022, 02:48 PM
I would like to extend my personal THANKS to everyone that took a moment to try and defend our outdoors heritage by commenting on the government survey, sending emails through the various platforms that were offering such, and most especially to those who wrote actual letters and sent them in.

Some little time remains to do the latter, as well as hitting the sites offering their form emails.

Your help in this matter was and is Greatly Appreciated!

Let's now hope someone with at least a little common sense is listening on the receiving end...

Cheers,
Matt

Sitkaspruce
03-24-2022, 08:09 PM
A couple things that have come to light:

- This was a BRFN (actually Yahey vs the Crown) decision for their own traditional territory, which is about 70-80% covered by industrial activity and private land ownership. So what the judge stated in her decision has some truths. BUT, you all have to ask, why is the decision being applied to all of 7B and the treaty 8 lands, when no other band was involved in the court case and the judge didn't hand down her decision for the rest of the Treaty 8 bands?? Why is lands that have no industrial activity being put on LEH?
- This push by the NDP to go to LEH is really being driven by three treaty 8 bands. In fact, some bands are not enthusiastic about the LEH decision at all.

We are but pawns in a chess game where the king and queen on both sides actually working together to clear the board of the pawns.

BRFN say they have nothing to do with the 7B moose decision. That knocks off another band that is NOT pushing for this decision. Sadly the ones that are have always had the ear of the NDP. And, just for shits and giggles, are the one who have been fighting site C....one problem goes away when you can correct another.

https://www.alaskahighwaynews.ca/for...osures-5196702 (https://www.alaskahighwaynews.ca/fort-st-john/we-have-no-agreement-blueberry-river-first-nations-speaks-out-against-proposed-hunting-closures-5196702)

IF the moose (and deer/elk) decision makes the Site C battle disappear or gets reduced to "meetings", then we will know one of the reasons for the push! Tin hat?? Maybe, but not far off......

Cheers

SS

bearvalley
03-24-2022, 10:06 PM
A couple things that have come to light:

- This was a BRFN (actually Yahey vs the Crown) decision for their own traditional territory, which is about 70-80% covered by industrial activity and private land ownership. So what the judge stated in her decision has some truths. BUT, you all have to ask, why is the decision being applied to all of 7B and the treaty 8 lands, when no other band was involved in the court case and the judge didn't hand down her decision for the rest of the Treaty 8 bands?? Why is lands that have no industrial activity being put on LEH?
- This push by the NDP to go to LEH is really being driven by three treaty 8 bands. In fact, some bands are not enthusiastic about the LEH decision at all.

We are but pawns in a chess game where the king and queen on both sides actually working together to clear the board of the pawns.

BRFN say they have nothing to do with the 7B moose decision. That knocks off another band that is NOT pushing for this decision. Sadly the ones that are have always had the ear of the NDP. And, just for shits and giggles, are the one who have been fighting site C....one problem goes away when you can correct another.

https://www.alaskahighwaynews.ca/for...osures-5196702 (https://www.alaskahighwaynews.ca/fort-st-john/we-have-no-agreement-blueberry-river-first-nations-speaks-out-against-proposed-hunting-closures-5196702)

IF the moose (and deer/elk) decision makes the Site C battle disappear or gets reduced to "meetings", then we will know one of the reasons for the push! Tin hat?? Maybe, but not far off......

Cheers
SS

id say your tin hats on to something.
- BC’s current Minister of Environment
- Site C
- Sierra Club
- Y2Y
Theres a bad smell!
Maybe the 7B Treaty 8 proposal was used as a method to achieve someone else’s personal goal using FN’s as the scapegoat.

Sitkaspruce
03-25-2022, 07:21 PM
Heyman was my Union President.....and now I have found out that most of the Union executive is somehow linked with the Sierra Club....3 more years....3 more years I keep telling myself!

Interesting that Y2Y and SC has come to the table. No surprise as they have been hiding in the weeds, but to use the FN as a way in the back door will piss the FN off. Y2Y has been trying to inject themselves in the "save the caribou" program in the south Peace, but so far, they have been kept at arms length. BUT...maybe they got in by sweet talking the two FN bands in the south that are driving the moose change. Thanks BV, now I have something else to dig into.

There is lots of disillusion in the ranks of FLNRORD/MOE as if you screen out the bureaucrats, which takes a lot of work, there is some very dedicated staff who try to do good work. To see it just yanked out from underneath them with no discussion has left a bitter taste in their mouth....and wondering what their job is and who they are working for.

Cheers

SS

Walking Buffalo
03-26-2022, 08:14 AM
Very interesting twist with the Y2Y connection.

The theory is definitely believable.

Y2Y, while desiring to eliminate all hunting, is content to just eliminate licensed hunting at this time with the knowledge that they will not gain any ground if they push to also eliminate First Nations hunting at this time.

This is a theory worth further investigation.