PDA

View Full Version : hunting licence

webley
03-03-2022, 06:45 PM
Anybody having problems renewing their hunting licence. I log in and and go to licences click on the date 22/23 and it says no licence available, what goes. Steve!

warnniklz
03-03-2022, 07:22 PM
don't renew until April 1...

Also is your residency up to date?

Edit:
I decided to dig deeper... just bought my 22/23 online with no issue

Forks
03-03-2022, 07:57 PM
I had the same issue a few days ago actually. Just tried again and it worked this time around.

whitlers
03-04-2022, 08:16 AM
Worked for me yesterday! Check your residency.

TUGGER
03-04-2022, 08:18 AM
I don’t think you are a canadian citizen yet webly

HappyJack
03-04-2022, 09:28 AM
I am waiting for the new set of regs to come out, we won't know if it's worth the expense or not until then. What good is a license and moose tag if you don't win the leh tags? I guess as a peon we can still hunt grouse?

J_T
03-04-2022, 10:09 AM
I am waiting for the new set of regs to come out, we won't know if it's worth the expense or not until then. What good is a license and moose tag if you don't win the leh tags? I guess as a peon we can still hunt grouse? Your comment here raises a question I've been thinking about.

How many people operate (plan hunts and make decisions) on the basis of their LEH success. Versus people that make plans based on GOS or BOS.

warnniklz
03-04-2022, 10:18 AM
I am waiting for the new set of regs to come out, we won't know if it's worth the expense or not until then. What good is a license and moose tag if you don't win the leh tags? I guess as a peon we can still hunt grouse?

Can get a hunting license and shoot wolves and buy tags as needed.

Why buy a license and tags before you need them?

I know people that will buy moose, deer, elk, bear, sheep, caribou and goat tags on April 1st... not even knowing if they're going to hunt any of them. With a 99.9% chance of not even hunting goat, sheep and caribou.

Why give the government money they don't need?

5jackz
03-04-2022, 11:35 AM
Regardless of LEH draw status , I still buy Elk , WT , MD , Moose , BB , and cougar . Government is taking away a lot of hunting opportunities , but there are still some places that are ok - definitely not what they used to be unfortunately .

notahypocrite
03-04-2022, 12:35 PM
Can get a hunting license and shoot wolves and buy tags as needed.

Why buy a license and tags before you need them?

I know people that will buy moose, deer, elk, bear, sheep, caribou and goat tags on April 1st... not even knowing if they're going to hunt any of them. With a 99.9% chance of not even hunting goat, sheep and caribou.

Why give the government money they don't need?

Because the money spent still goes towards the sustainability of hunting in general?

Blockcaver
03-04-2022, 01:24 PM
Wife and I bought our '22 tags and licenses this week. Both of us had to renew the proof of BC residency....which took about an hour to get verified in my case and bit longer for the wife. I always buy all the tags I possibly think I might use...you never know when you might go hunting!

wideopenthrottle
03-04-2022, 02:36 PM
With the rule about having all purchased tags with you, I don't want to be unable to go hunting while waiting for an extra tag to arrive...I get 2 WT, 1 md,1 BB, a cougar, an elk, and a moose tag at the beginning of the year. the one and only elk (in avatar) I have gotten was while WT hunting...Buddy said we might have a chance at a 6 point elk so I got a tag just in case...I always have a BB tag just incase one becomes a nuisance and needs taking out. it is easier to tag it than explain why you had to shoot a problem bear. Same for cougar, I have seen them 3 times when hunting deer while not carrying a tag so I always have one now

B-rad
03-04-2022, 03:17 PM
i buy my mulie----2 whitetail---1 bear,,,sometimes 2 bear tags every year,,and my migratory,,,,,,because i know 100% ill be hunting them every year without a second thought,,,

Livewire322
03-04-2022, 04:25 PM
My baseline tags for a year are one each for black bear, mule deer, & white tail.
I bought a cougar tag for the first time this year.

I most always end up buying a moose tag in September in anticipation of the spike-fork seasons.

webley
03-05-2022, 05:02 AM
Thank you everybody for your help. It was my proof of residency that I had to renew, I see now it runs out every couple of years. Thanks again. Steve!

digger dogger
03-05-2022, 06:19 AM
Because the money spent still goes towards the sustainability of hunting in general?

The shitty part is all licensing and tag $ goes to general revenue.
Like where your speeding ticket dough goes.

If it went to conservation or habitat, I’d buy all the tags available to hunt on a gos.

warnniklz
03-05-2022, 08:20 AM
Like where your speeding ticket dough goes.

If it went to conservation or habitat, I’d buy all the tags available to hunt on a gos.

This is my thought as well.

I've noticed some mentioning having to wait for tags. I often forget that not everyone can walk to a store to buy tags.

I'll get a bear tag come April some time. Maybe a goat tag come July sometime. MD and WT probably in August. And another bear tag if I haven't filled the first in spring.

And then whatever other tags as needed.

Oh and Lynx tag in November.

HappyJack
03-05-2022, 09:41 AM
Your comment here raises a question I've been thinking about.

How many people operate (plan hunts and make decisions) on the basis of their LEH success. Versus people that make plans based on GOS or BOS.

That is how we used to operate, but we always had GOS hunts we could plan for if the LEH didn't come through, and actually getting an leh for us is pretty much a joke so we planned GOS hunts and kept the 1 moose leh in 20 years as insurance only. With the leh coming in 7b I don't think there is much moose hunting left in the province, it's almost a complete waste of time to hunt spike forks and the ones that do get shot are incidental kills for the most part.

silveragent
03-05-2022, 10:50 AM

If you look at your fees there is something called the HCTF Surcharge that you have to pay. This is the portion of your fees that go to this https://hctf.ca/about/.

While I would be happier if more goes toward some sort of preservation? Yes. I would rather that anything not going toward preservation and education goes into the Conservation Service for enforcement.