PDA

View Full Version : Hoyt ventum question

Huntingtyler123
02-22-2022, 11:00 AM
Trying to get this dialled. Field tips are shooting spot on , switch to fixed broadhead and it’s shooting left 4-5 inches and a tad high, mostly just left horizontally consistently. What do I tune? I have a hamski drop away rest and spot hog fast Eddie.
do I adjust the rest to the right very tiny adjustments? If my field tips hit where I want won’t further adjustment through that out as well?

Andrewh
02-23-2022, 09:23 PM
try shooting a bareshaft at 20yrd. Take note of how it is sticking out of the target and get back to us.

Don't start moving the rest around - keep your center shot very close

KBC
02-23-2022, 09:55 PM
How far are you shooting that they hit 4-5" left?
Shoot the bare shaft through paper, sometimes a target will make the arrow lean.
I'll disagree with Andrew a bit, I'd move the rest a little at a time and see what happens. By a little I mean no more than 1/32 at a time. Most of the time the centre shot is just set up by eye anyways.
I don't think these have a split yoke you can tune. How does the owners manual tell you to adjust for it?

Broad heads hitting left means a tail-right tear in paper.

You will likely have to adjust your sight a bit after you get the field tips hitting with your broad heads but that is the easy part. If they don't hit together then your bow isn't tuned.