PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: Elk partner or group willing for a +1...

Andrewh
02-20-2022, 09:22 PM
Well years ago I did a little wanted ad on HBC and ended up finding one of the best hunting partners I know. I trusted him and took him into a very special sheep spot and we ended up with a lot of success over the years. Some might remember reading a few of the stories on HBC.

Well it is time to search out an elk partner or group that would allow for a +1. I am hoping that someone or a group will open up the trust circle as I did and let me join in. I am well aware of how sacred spots are and if you want to get to know the type of guy I am, just search up my stories.

I am hoping to go north this year as region 4 hasn't been great for me.

RyoTHC
02-20-2022, 09:58 PM
Well years ago I did a little wanted ad on HBC and ended up finding one of the best hunting partners I know. I trusted him and took him into a very special sheep spot and we ended up with a lot of success over the years. Some might remember reading a few of the stories on HBC.

Well it is time to search out an elk partner or group that would allow for a +1. I am hoping that someone or a group will open up the trust circle as I did and let me join in. I am well aware of how sacred spots are and if you want to get to know the type of guy I am, just search up my stories.

If my hunting buddy and myself weren’t bumbling elk noobs, we would jump on this for sure, we plan to spend another few weeks up in zone 6 this September making all the same mistakes again haha

good luck finding a group, karma will surely pay off for ya !

HighCountryBC
02-21-2022, 09:10 AM

Someone would be wise to add this guy to their circle. Read your stories over the years, Andrew and always enjoyed them.

Curious why you want to head North over R4? A guy like you who can pound the back country would certainly figure out that WK country pretty quickly. Despite some of usual griping by a few locals, the WK is still serving up some phenomenal bulls year after year. Especially for guys willing to get back into those untapped drainages. It would definitely give you more options to scout and dial things in.

Blockcaver
02-21-2022, 09:19 AM
Caution...he sure gave out a bunch of detailed info in his archery sheep thread...very specific to the spot he shot it...info he gained from another source similar to this ask. Not to be trusted in my opinion. YMMV

dracb
02-21-2022, 11:16 AM
Caution...he sure gave out a bunch of detailed info in his archery sheep thread...very specific to the spot he shot it...info he gained from another source similar to this ask. Not to be trusted in my opinion. YMMV

I have dealt with Andrew a number of times. I think he is a very good man that will abide with any agreement he makes with you.

Andrewh
02-21-2022, 11:36 AM

haha. Yes I did and anyone that has hunted the bow zone knows the spot too. Not too tough to figure out and yes I hiked the main trail up to the zone and glassed up sheep… ohhhhh the secrets!

HarryToolips
02-21-2022, 11:40 AM
Check in with me around July if you haven't found anyone...I've got a decent spot in R4 that I killed my first bull in last year....

Bugle M In
02-21-2022, 02:36 PM
Check in with me around July if you haven't found anyone...I've got a decent spot in R4 that I killed my first bull in last year....
Jeez, the way my area has been producing, I might have to send you a pm:shock:;)

Bugle M In
02-21-2022, 02:43 PM

The way this year is beginning for me, I might not be making a trip in the fall, although we were planning for either the 2nd week
or last week of September.
But, if you leave me a pm, with your info, I can keep you in mind, and if not this year, in the future for sure.
I have no issues having new partners in the group, which now days only seems to be me and one other friend.
But, I am warning you, it hasn't been going all that great for a few years now, so that your "heads up":razz:

Also, for others to consider, maybe some extra details about you on what you may need or already have.
Are you able to travel up on your own to meet if it is a group already?
Or, are you looking for someone to share costs up.
If so, do you have a trailer or require to other to have that or use a wall tent etc.
Just so others considering may know up front what kind of arrangements are involved.
Seems like your equipped already.

Andrewh
02-21-2022, 06:35 PM
The way this year is beginning for me, I might not be making a trip in the fall, although we were planning for either the 2nd week
or last week of September.
But, if you leave me a pm, with your info, I can keep you in mind, and if not this year, in the future for sure.
I have no issues having new partners in the group, which now days only seems to be me and one other friend.
But, I am warning you, it hasn't been going all that great for a few years now, so that your "heads up":razz:

Also, for others to consider, maybe some extra details about you on what you may need or already have.
Are you able to travel up on your own to meet if it is a group already?
Or, are you looking for someone to share costs up.
If so, do you have a trailer or require to other to have that or use a wall tent etc.
Just so others considering may know up front what kind of arrangements are involved.
Seems like your equipped already.

thanks, I'll send you a pm

I am 100% self sustained, no need to share travel costs but if it works out then great.

10x12 wall tent, stove etc.
truck, trailer if need be
generator and freezer I bring for early trips
all camp gear

LBM
02-21-2022, 07:14 PM
you looking for any legal antlered elk or something special.

fuzzy
02-21-2022, 07:26 PM
Andrew helped me out years ago on a trail wheeling without knowing me… (can opener circa 2003) He would be an asset in any camp with any task and any hardship. Talented man. Even though he was driving a jeep;)

Andrewh
02-21-2022, 07:44 PM
you looking for any legal antlered elk or something special.

not too picky

Andrewh
02-21-2022, 07:45 PM
Andrew helped me out years ago on a trail wheeling without knowing me… (can opener circa 2003) He would be an asset in any camp with any task and any hardship. Talented man. Even though he was driving a jeep;)

Haha thanks - my goodness was that a lifetime ago.

LBM
02-23-2022, 09:14 AM
not too picky
Were you not finding any in the EK or just not having luck getting on them.
You mentioned the Bull you may be driving by them depending how far up
you were going.

Husky7mm
02-23-2022, 10:49 AM
I lived in 4 during the last of golden years, those days are gone for now. I would agree with your decision to go north. I live in Nw alberta now and it is productive especially to those that make their own luck. If you have farm land contacts you don’t even need that. The aspen lined river valleys of the peace will give you success.

high horse Hal
02-23-2022, 11:54 AM
You mean this EPIC thread? One of the ones everybody wishes were still being created here on HBC? This has to be one of the finest.......and hardly a secret spot then or before
needs abump , if not offending anyone

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?146625-Solo-Archery-Stones-hunt-my-daily-lessons