PDA

View Full Version : Mount Edziza Sheep Hunt 2022

CReever
02-17-2022, 11:12 AM
Hello fellow HBC-er's,

My wife was very fortunate to pull a sheep tag for Mount Edziza. I have researched every thread on the site (prior to applying) regarding 6-21A and scoured multiple hiking blogs and forums for information about the zone and what we may expect to encounter on this hunt of a lifetime. A couple of HBC members have already reached out and provided some great intel and first hand experience from years past. Thanks guys! If anyone else is willing to share their experience of the hunt, please PM me. Successful or not, any advice or tips will be greatly appreciated.

In return, we will be documenting the hunt and sharing our experience with those whom draw the tag in the years to follow.

We are not first time sheep hunters. My wife has solo backpacked hundreds of km's. We have all the gear and plan to be in the mountains for 14 days in an attempt to find a mature ram for my wife.

Regardless of the tag being notched, we look forward to an epic adventure in what may be the most incredible landscape we will ever step foot in.

Wish us luck and keep posted for photos and story to follow.

Thanks HBC crew!

Livewire322
02-17-2022, 12:08 PM
Right on! That looks like an amazing hunt - been laying plans for a 2023 hunt myself, with Edzizza high on the list.

Are you planning on flying in to one of the lakes or trying to hoof it from the east on Willow creek FSR?

cuervosail
02-17-2022, 01:49 PM
Congratulations. Looking forward to reading all about it.

CReever
02-17-2022, 02:07 PM
Are you planning on flying in to one of the lakes or trying to hoof it from the east on Willow creek FSR?

In the process of getting a flight nailed down.