PDA

View Full Version : Kettle for Whitetails

fozzy
11-16-2007, 09:05 PM
Well we're almost off to the Kettle. Staying in Duncan tonight and picking up Ian in Nanaimo in the AM. Looks like there will be nine in our group this year so should be fun times. Some of the guys in the group are green so that always nice when one of them connects.

R Brooks
11-16-2007, 09:41 PM
See you there Sunday afternoon:biggrin:

Don't shoot my deer lol:smile:

orion
11-17-2007, 08:02 PM
My son and I are off on the first ferry also. Looks like it's going to be as busy as usual. Good luck guys.

jackson13
11-17-2007, 08:49 PM
no deer there...they all left.

sparkymacker
11-17-2007, 09:19 PM
Yep...all shot by out of towners with thier fancy magnum guns.

fozzy
11-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Well just got home tonight and we got 3 for 4 for our crew. The weather was nice and cold this year with the coldest being -15 and stayed pretty cold during the day. No snow though so things were a little on the slow side. I'll try and get a couple pictures up later tonight.

bc sportsman
11-25-2007, 12:29 AM
Fozzy, I'm heading to Cranbrook for a bow hunt for whities on Tues.

Heard from a hunter (talking out loud at the sporting goods store I was at) who was back from Rock Creek that 'the rut is still not on'. I find that hard to believe. Your comments?

fozzy
11-25-2007, 01:20 AM
Fozzy, I'm heading to Cranbrook for a bow hunt for whities on Tues.

Heard from a hunter (talking out loud at the sporting goods store I was at) who was back from Rock Creek that 'the rut is still not on'. I find that hard to believe. Your comments?

Well some of the smaller bucks like spikes had does with them and we saw lots of does alone as well. I don't believe that they were in full swing that's for sure. Not many had the glands and necks swollen. The typical migration hasn't happened yet either.

Things should be ramping up and hopefully the weather works for you. Good luck on the hunt :)

hunter1947
11-25-2007, 06:38 AM
Well just got home tonight and we got 3 for 4 for our crew. The weather was nice and cold this year with the coldest being -15 and stayed pretty cold during the day. No snow though so things were a little on the slow side. I'll try and get a couple pictures up later tonight. Good going fozzy ,i will be looking for the pic when you get them on the forum Wayne..http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

GoatGuy
11-25-2007, 03:53 PM

Last week buddies were in the spot (had to work). Saw 3 4pts and two 5pts - one was apparently a hog. They took a decent 4 pt and also got a major case of buck fever. Used to seeing more bucks but no snow = deer are spread out.

Took some new hunters out yesterday for the afternoon - rubs and scrapes everywhere up a little higher than usual. Did 2 setups - had one buck come by beating the bush but nobody got a look at him.

They're going strong just spread out due to no snow. We were finding most of the sign about 1000-1500 ft higher than normal but the lower spots were still producing for the other guys.

bc sportsman
11-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the info GoatGuy.

J_T
11-25-2007, 10:42 PM
BC Sportsman.

I was hunting (bow) in the EK yesterday. The whities were definitelly acting weird. My Father, my uncle and their partners are hunting there right now and two of them saw bucks they felt where bigger than any buck they had seen in the EK (the area they hunt) ever. And they've been hunting there since the late 40's.....

We got to within a nice bedded 3x4 (40 yards) and a nice rutting 3 pt (50 yards) who couldn't take his nose off a doe long enough to pay us any attention.

In short, I believe the whities are just coming into the rut. Going to be a great bow hunt starting the 1st.

gameslayer
11-26-2007, 10:03 AM
I just got back last night from the creek. We tend to stay in the same area (more of a social thing) and the deer migration definatly had not happened. Only a few homsteaders in our regular area. I took one buck and he was rutted up, and I was able to sit and watch him try and grunt in a doe that had not winded me (40 yards away) but he did get some scent of me and blew, after she pee'd he could not resist and walked out from the tree's for a double lunger :smile: . Same for us -15 some very light snow Sat night . I heard there was a nice 7 X 7 hanging at the double E biggest the ownwer had seen in like 15 years.

fozzy
11-26-2007, 11:21 AM
I heard there was a nice 7 X 7 hanging at the double E biggest the ownwer had seen in like 15 years.

We were staying at the double E. There were a few nice ones hanging but nothing real huge. We left early Saturday morning so something might have come in after we left. There was a big one that Neville ( owner of double E ) had seen, maybe someone got him?