PDA

View Full Version : Coming up to pick up our meat, looking for a quick hunt

Phoneguy
11-16-2007, 08:49 PM
OK, so on Friday two of us are trucking up to Summerland to pick up our meat from our hunt a week ago. Thought we would leave New West around 6AM, do some hunting before we head into town, then bomb home.....Long day. So I was thinking of pulling off at Sunset Main and heading in to Penask, off of the connector. Basically I think we will be road hunting, with maybe a couple of short walks. Any other areas that are on the way that we should consider? I have been into Penask a couple of times which is why I thought of that area. Basically needs to be in area 3 I guess. We still have our Whitetail tags, but I am thinking a 4 point muley might be more likely for a short, midmorning hunt....Any suggestions?

Thanks
James

Phoneguy
11-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Anyone?, Somewhere between Hope, Coquihalla to Merrit, Connector to Peachland?

Thanks
James

JAFA
11-18-2007, 01:14 PM
James,
Might as well give it up, this forum is not much for helping to put hunters into good areas, I've tried many times as I am new to hunting and save for a very few replies NADA.

You might try Dewdney FSR off of Caroline mines exit early into the Coq. I have been there 5-6 weekends in the last 8 weeks , haven't been able to connect even with a lil spike but I have seen some sign. Not sure if this helps but at least I responded to you.
Good luck bud.

JAFA
11-18-2007, 09:41 PM
222 veiws and like I said nada, pathetic:roll:
J.

lapadat
11-18-2007, 11:14 PM
The guys/gals on the board are "pathetic" because they aren't giving you any honey holes?

What a joke.

For a newbie......

so far I have only connected with 1 Doe 2 years ago LEH 8-12.

you sure aren't making many new friends here...............

JAFA
11-19-2007, 12:21 AM
In hindsight I regret the previous post, just having a bad day.

Combining that with 9 unsuccessful trips into the bush and something about this fellas un replied to post just set me off.

My bad.

Ps. for the record never did ask for any honey holes, just a general area.
:wink:

Phoneguy
11-19-2007, 12:56 AM
I have read good replies to some peoples questions about areas. I can well imagine some people get tired of passing on areas so they just move on. Thats OK too. On my last outing I had some appreciated advice that got me pointed in the right direction. In that post I had a pretty specific area I was looking at because of a draw. This is a pretty broad area that I am asking about. If people want to help out they will, if not they will move on. It's all good.

James

Steeleco
11-19-2007, 05:43 AM
James. I haven't hunted it in a few years but the hills above Julliet creek and Murray lake hold animals. It's not the greatest country to hunt, but I've had success. If your heading to Dewdney don't do it till Sunday. The logging is in full swing. Caroline mines is not going to be easy to access either due to the logging and the road conditions. They are like-able area's as I've been there 4 times in the past month. Just too busy right now.

boxhitch
11-19-2007, 06:27 AM
I don't know the area, but if i were going, I would look for the same terrain I would in any hunt in the Interior BC. An open cut near a ridge top, closer to alpine the better. I'd start with a Google map, and a full tank of fuel. The whole district you describe holds deer, so whats the mystery ?
Sorry I can't help out.

Phoneguy
11-19-2007, 09:45 AM
It has to be Friday. Got the day off of work, and the butcher is closed on Sunday. Still thinking about 3-12 near the summit.

James

NaStY
11-19-2007, 09:54 AM
The area you are describing has deer. Like others have said, go and check it out. You never know what will be there. I have been to many places where fresh tracks were and never saw a thing. Thats hunting!