PDA

View Full Version : peace hunt dreams

WOLVERINE-RIDER
11-15-2007, 09:00 PM
So my dad is getting on in the years. Almost sixty....he used to be a very avid hunter and did one main trip a year for many years up to 7-42 and surrounding mu's. He has since lost touch with his regular hunting partners. I myself have been on two trips up there with him and it was a great time but I was a little too young to really become one of the "partners" at the time. He hasn't been up to that country for probably 10-12 years. He has sold his atv and atv trailer long ago. He has done a two week horse back trip. We floated the atv's across the profit one year. He has done it with atv's, atc's and with trucks. Basically he has tried most of the ways of hunting the area. It was one of his passions to hunt the kinsit range and I have heard so many stories and seen so many pictures. I too have good memories of the area and the numerous animals. Lately he has voiced that before he dies he dreams of doing another peace country hunt. Now that im a lot older I would love to give him the hunt that he wants to do. We still have the wall tent and all the gear. I have an atv myself but he no longer does. A few other family members have also said that they would love to do the trip. So here is my dilema...do we look into a horse back trip?? if so who is in the area now a days? He did his first horseback trip with bob welsh. Do we look into a jet boat trip??? Again who does it?? Do we rent him and the others atvs?? What are we talking about for money??? He said when he went on the horseback trip it was $150 a day. Any info you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Sikanni Stalker
11-15-2007, 09:27 PM
I know Cliff @ Tetsa River (7-50, 7-54)has camps and runs pack trains for residents and I think the rate is 300 a day, based on 7 day hunts and minimum 2 hunters. Quads up in this country are 250 a day or so if you can get them down there or borrow a couple you'll be better off. The outfitter I work for also has camps and horses in MU's 7-37,7-57,7-41,742 but not sure of his resident rates but I can give you the name and number if you want info. If you guys are going to bush whack on your own, there is lots of great country here.Let me know if you need more info.

Jetboater
11-15-2007, 09:30 PM
talk to Kevin at RiverJet safaris he will help you with the Jet Boat idea...

The Hermit
11-16-2007, 12:15 AM
You really meant to say that he was 80 not 60 right... ya young cheeky bass tard!!! 60 is the new 40!!! LOL

Mr. Dean
11-16-2007, 02:13 AM
60 isn't old. Hell, he's just starting to enjoy life!

It would be a hellava trip if you can make it happen.