PDA

View Full Version : Wild game in the Shuswap

ninasf
01-19-2022, 12:57 PM
EDIT: Thank you for informing me that the sale of wild game is illegal. That is unfortunate.

In that case, I will have to ask -- would anyone like to help a civilian out and share some wild hunted game with me? I am not a hunter and I am just looking for an ethical option with which to feed my dog as I do not support the farming of animals for meat. Perhaps you have scraps or something? Please contact me! Thank you :)

Again, I am in the Shuswap area.

MichelD
01-19-2022, 01:00 PM
"Please feel free to let me know if there are an issues with my post."

Plenty. I shall let my friends tell you what they are.

Everett
01-19-2022, 01:18 PM
The sale of "wild meat" in British Columbia is illegal

IronNoggin
01-19-2022, 01:27 PM
https://infinitiq50.org/attachments/please-don-t-feed-the-troll-atsof-573296_300_336-jpg.37106/

ninasf
01-19-2022, 01:49 PM
I am not a troll. I just want to put some local meat in my freezer. I'm sorry if I've triggered anyone. Be well, folks! Life is good. :)

Huk
01-19-2022, 06:06 PM
Pretty sure most people on here are civilians.
Where do you get your meat from? Since you don’t support farming animals for meat.
I do not think I’m the only one on here that raises animals for food.
I don’t understand what you mean by ethical option to feed your dog.

mike31154
01-19-2022, 06:08 PM
Not being a hunter you clearly have no idea how precious & hard won wild meat is. I've treated some of my friends & relatives with moose & elk, it's certainly not dog food. If you don't want to feed your dog with commercially slaughtered products, perhaps you should look into 'beyond' meat vegan options. Lots of vegetable based protein out there these days. ;-)

If you have your heart set on wild dog food, I suggest you get yourself a firearms licence, take the hunter course, buy a license, tags & get out there. You can bypass the firearm business & go bow hunting too, good luck with that.

Dannybuoy
01-19-2022, 06:39 PM
I am not a troll. I just want to put some local meat in my freezer. I'm sorry if I've triggered anyone. Be well, folks! Life is good. :)

LBM
01-19-2022, 06:43 PM
While I can't help you and was going to stay out of this thread . I get what you are saying . There are some people that think that if meat is from last year it's not good to eat and throw it away . Instead toss it to ninasf .
Also I know a guy in K-town that feeds his dog moose , elk and deer meat exclusively .

Is he feeding stuff he has shot or picking up road kills.
Does he feed it raw or cooked.

VLD43
01-19-2022, 06:44 PM
If your after an ethical option to feed your dog with, just go to the store and buy some kibble. You could also look into one of the pet food stores that sells the raw meat food. I believe that would be anything left over from the butchering process that not fit for sale to humans. Although that would probably not sit well with you. You probably should have bought a budgee for a pet.

Imdone
01-19-2022, 06:44 PM
What ever you do...
Do not buy it off any one, FNs included. Their harvests are to be for their own consumption and or ceremonial purposes, not for sale to support over harvest .

Any one who does should face huge consequences.

Dannybuoy
01-19-2022, 06:53 PM
Is he feeding stuff he has shot or picking up road kills.
Does he feed it raw or cooked.
Raw I believe ... and road kill? Lol no way .

Dannybuoy
01-19-2022, 06:56 PM
What ever you do...
Do not buy it off any one, FNs included. Their harvests are to be for their own consumption and or ceremonial purposes, not for sale to support over harvest .

Any one who does should face huge consequences.
True ! Also I must admit I missed the part where he said he doesn't support farming for meat ! WTF ! That's why I should have stayed out of this one . My bad !

REMINGTON JIM
01-19-2022, 07:34 PM
WoW ! :roll:

srthomas75
01-19-2022, 08:12 PM
I second the opinion of trading in the dog and getting the budgie.

walks with deer
01-20-2022, 12:14 PM
As a rancher and a hunter OP is way off side and dillusional...should actually go to jail...dirt bag.................................please give your dog away and move back to the city.

upperleftcoaster
01-20-2022, 12:51 PM
Not all farm animals are raised “unethically”. That’s insulting to farmers

Redthies
01-21-2022, 08:18 AM
Maybe Nina is the “little old lady who supports PETA” that I discuss with my friends. You know, the one who is horrified that people would eat meat, protests every hunting aspect and farming/ranching operation, but sure does love her fluffy little dog and feeds it nothing but the best dog food she can find... made from... wait for it...MEAT!

It’s this sort of hypocrisy that needs to be thrown at anti hunting advocates. You know a huge portion of them have cats or dogs.

In a serious vein though, Nina, if you’re still reading these replies, your best bet is to go to a local butcher and see if they will sell you the scrap or trim from their business. It will still be farmed meat, but the animal it came from is already dead, and you using the last scraps will at least ensure it is utilized to the fullest extent.

walks with deer
02-01-2022, 11:13 PM
EDIT: Thank you for informing me that the sale of man meat is illegal. That is unfortunate.

In that case, I will have to ask -- would anyone like to help a civilian out and share some big mountain man sausage with me? I am not a hunter and I am just looking for an big sausage option with which to feed my craving as I do not support the plastics for meat. Perhaps you have a big sausage or something small.Please contact me! Thank you :)

Again, I am in the Shuswap area.

Wow Op is strange not sure what there looking for.?

walks with deer
02-02-2022, 07:10 PM
Nobody has man meat for op?