PDA

View Full Version : Solo Hntr rifle cover

BradC
12-28-2021, 10:50 AM
Anyone using the stay on Solo Hntr rifle covers? I think first lite, Caldwell and maybe a couple others make them. Leaning towards the solo Hntr but see the Caldwell is about half price. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these.

thanks,

BradC

todbartell
12-28-2021, 10:55 AM
I've used one (Solo Hntr) when needed over the last 7 seasons. Works great

swampthing
12-28-2021, 11:06 AM
I recently started using the caldwell one. I am happy with it and could have used one years ago. Its fairly light and I can still use my kifaru gun bearer with it. In snowy or rainy conditions its nice keeping yer rig out of the elements. I also used it while carrying my rifle in a kolpin gun mount one my quad. It did a decent job at keeping the dust off it in that application. I certainly recommend one.

BradC
12-28-2021, 11:21 AM
I recently started using the caldwell one. I am happy with it and could have used one years ago. Its fairly light and I can still use my kifaru gun bearer with it. In snowy or rainy conditions its nice keeping yer rig out of the elements. I also used it while carrying my rifle in a kolpin gun mount one my quad. It did a decent job at keeping the dust off it in that application. I certainly recommend one.

Thanks guys!

How’s the Caldwell for waterproof? (I’m thinking this might be where the price difference is) think the solo has a membrane of some kind. How’s the fit? Hoping to fit 40-47” overall length rifles. I find to Amazon reviews all over the map on length

swampthing
12-28-2021, 01:03 PM
The caldwell has been fine in light rain for full day hunts. It can be sprayed with waterproofing as well

WhiteTailAB
12-28-2021, 02:49 PM
I thought the caldwell and solo were the same, guess not. I have the caldwell, works good but forgot to use it this season lol