PDA

View Full Version : last days deer hunt/grouse hunt

srupp
12-19-2021, 03:58 PM
so Susan and Ebony and i headed out on the last day of 4 point mule deer season..November...decieded at last moment to go north and west of the FRASER river..it has been hit hard by fires.and due to the severity lots of spur roads were introduced to gain access to fight the fires and introduce large equipment.coffee and hot chocolate in hand we headed out mostly for a grouse for Ebony.no pressure..slowly looking around in amazement and the destruction and myriad of new roads unknown to me previous.
we had been out for a couple hours and i suddenly realized..no one knew where we were..no one..YIKES..
I ALWAYS carry my emergency comunication device..SPOT X..so we stopped and i sent a message to my buddy GARRY..x paramedic..search and rescue expert..AND wonderful friend..texted him where we were..when expected home and added map with GPS location...and which way we intended to head and the road we were taking home.
not a long day but easily over 150 kilometers.
maybe 5 minutes after i sent the message Garry replied that he recieved the text and map and he knew EXACTLY where we were...
made both Susan and i feel much better..as we had seen no tracks of vehicles in the fresh snow.
unfortunatly we only seen 2 sets of deer tracks..doe/fawn pair and no grouse.no matter how safety oriented you are sometimes one lets ones guard down..no way would Susan have known which road/which way to head..
Be careful..let someone know where your going when you will return..and a GPS text/map will certainly help.
deer is over maybe a day or 2 for wolves...hmmm
was a very enjoyable outing..even more so once someone else knew where the Rupp family was.
be well
stay safe and warm
Merry CHRISTMAS
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Susan/Ebony/ Steven Rupp:D:D

Blacktail1
12-19-2021, 04:06 PM
Sounds like a fun day all in all! Merry Christmas to you and yours as well !