PDA

View Full Version : How do I become a BC resident?

pickaspot
11-14-2007, 03:15 PM
hey guys,

I am 2nd year student at Simon Fraser University in Burnaby. Originally, I am from Calgary, Alberta, where I have bowhunted since the age of 12. I am planning on living in BC full time so my question is, how do I become a resident hunter and obtain my BC hunter card so I can continue my passion of hunting out here? Any info and/or link is much appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Shoot Straight,

Adam

Clam
11-14-2007, 03:28 PM
I think you have to live here for six months.
Why not ask the BC Govt? They deal with the bureaucracy. Look for CORE.
You will also have to answer certain skill testing questions such as:
Q: How can you identify a bona fide west coast inhabitant?
A: The only time they hurry is when they are late for their nap.

Elkaholic
11-14-2007, 03:33 PM
I Believe that it is after 6 months of living here you are a resident. And I also believe that having an Alberta WIN number will allow you to get a hunter number here without the test. Don't quote me on that one though.

Mauser98
11-14-2007, 03:38 PM
hey guys,

I am 2nd year student at Simon Fraser University in Burnaby. Originally, I am from Calgary, Alberta, where I have bowhunted since the age of 12. I am planning on living in BC full time so my question is, how do I become a resident hunter and obtain my BC hunter card so I can continue my passion of hunting out here? Any info and/or link is much appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Shoot Straight,

Adam

Here's the official definition from the Wildlife Act

"resident" means
(a) a person who
(i) is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, whose only or primary residence is in British Columbia, and
(ii) has been physically present in British Columbia for the greater portion of each of 6 calendar months out of the 12 calendar months immediately preceding the date of making an application under this Act or doing another thing relevant to the operation of this Act, or,
(b) a person who
(i) is not a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, but whose only or primary residence is in British Columbia, and
(ii) has been physically present in British Columbia for the greater portion of each of the 12 calendar months immediately preceding the date of making an application under this Act or doing another thing relevant to the operation of this Act;

sparkes3
11-14-2007, 07:56 PM
if you have a hunter number or equivalent from alta take it to the wildlife branch in maple ridge and have it transfered to a b.c hunter number and way to go.then go get your pal so you can aquire guns then go hunting with appropriate tags of course.

threedhunter
11-14-2007, 08:09 PM
you must provide your hunter training grad cert from alta to the ga here before you can get a hunter #.i instuct core in regi 8 and have a lot of peaple ask me same. did research and that is what i was informed had to happen. win card not sufficient, as bc res can get win card but still have bc hunter#.:?

Sikanni Stalker
11-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Yeah there are two of those win cards to I believe. One for us non-residents and one for the Alta residents . The resident one they have to do a hunter safety course to get it, and proof of their hunter safety course in ALta, will allow them to get a hunter number here, providing they have resided here for 6 of the last 12 months as stated earlier. It's in the regs........Page 7 also has a blurb under licence requirements about CORE "or another North American Hunter Safety Program" being accepted for a hunter number.

HTH

Eichelherr
11-14-2007, 11:06 PM
declare your unwielding allegiance to the Canucks, then we'll talk
________
genetically modified food (http://gmfoods.info/)

pickaspot
11-16-2007, 01:03 AM
"declare your unwielding allegiance to the Canucks, then we'll talk"

haha.... never!

but seriously, thanks a lot for the help.

Shoot Straight,

Adam

browningboy
11-16-2007, 08:57 AM
When you go into apply, you'll require proof of one of:
Hydro bill
Phone bill
Rent statement and or mortgage
For 6 consectutive months
Its that easy.