PDA

View Full Version : Predator hunting..

scoutlt1
12-03-2021, 08:14 PM
Hey...

If there is anyone interested in doing some wolf/coyote/cougar hunting this winter, send me a PM for "details".

I haven't spent much time with it (although I got a coyote this fall), but am really looking to get into it more.

If you don't know where I have a place....well....that's what a PM is for. :-)

M.

wildcatter
12-03-2021, 09:34 PM
Hey...

If there is anyone interested in doing some wolf/coyote/cougar hunting this winter, send me a PM for "details".

I haven't spent much time with it (although I got a coyote this fall), but am really looking to get into it more.

If you don't know where I have a place....well....that's what a PM is for. :-)

M.

Hey Martin, I would be interested to give it a go.

tipper
12-03-2021, 10:22 PM
Good luck, wish I could help but wolves are smarter than we are. I probably spend more time in the bush than most on here. I've seen some and cougars but you rarely have time to even stop the truck before they're gone. Good trappers know how.

Ride Red
12-03-2021, 10:26 PM
I almost got one this year as it was crossing the Muskwa. A couple seconds sooner and it would of been boat bait.

walks with deer
12-03-2021, 10:30 PM
Hmm you have sled?

How you hunt them call bait..

If you sled around through ungulate winter range you make better trail for predators. I like your idea just asking.

warnniklz
12-03-2021, 10:40 PM
22-250 gets pulled out on the 11th... can go any direction from town for predators. I know I'll be out... well I'll be out targeting lynx while ice fishing this year.

Can go any direction for wolves and yotes.

scoutlt1
12-03-2021, 10:43 PM
Good luck, wish I could help but wolves are smarter than we are. I probably spend more time in the bush than most on here. I've seen some and cougars but you rarely have time to even stop the truck before they're gone. Good trappers know how.

Thanks. Not looking for "help" really, just seeing if there's anyone out there looking to get into it and maybe share some info and time in the field so to speak.

Saw a number of wolves when I worked and lived up north, but never had an opportunity to take a shot. Agreed they are smart as hell..

Cheers

XxFTNxX
12-04-2021, 09:41 AM
New hunter here, looking for any intel on predator hunting MU 2-12 (Powell River) Looking for info on Wolf, Coyote, Bobcat etc.

Regards

FTN