PDA

View Full Version : Looking for hunting mentor

Aiden03
11-29-2021, 02:58 PM
Hey guys,

I’m relatively new to hunting and just moved to kelowna in September for uni. I’m borrowing my dads x-bow for the season, however haven’t had too much luck so far. Was out this morning for whitetail up bear creek but only saw some muleys. Nice 4 point buck too would have been nice a month ago…

Anyways Im pretty clueless when it comes to bow hunting and even hunting in general. I shot a little buck last year and a LEH elk on the Sunshine Coast but found both by just driving around and with a gun. I’m hoping to more move towards hiking, glassing, stalking, waiting, etc. but have no idea where to start. Hoping to get either a whitetail buck or doe for bow season this December.

Would anyone be willing to share some tips or just general areas where whitetail could be? I would be happy to have coffee and chat (I’ll buy haha) or if there’s anyone near kelowna that would be willing to let me tag along a hung even just to learn that would be amazing :)

monasheemountainman
11-29-2021, 03:26 PM
east side of the lake for whitetails

Greenthumbed
11-29-2021, 06:10 PM
I’m not from around there so I don’t have any real hard tips for the area, but I have met some good guys that are affiliated with the local chapter of BCBHA. I sat in on one of their monthly meetings. It was good. I’m sure you could find some guys to hunt with around there. I think BHA even has a chapter connected with the university.

Redthies
11-29-2021, 10:22 PM
east side of the lake for whitetails

Exactly. Head up towards a Big Whiteout and beyond. Nothing but mule deer (95%) on the Westbank side of the lake.

Bugle M In
11-30-2021, 12:27 AM
Kettle Valley.