PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Lake area

hunter11
11-13-2007, 09:14 PM
Just wondering if anybody has any helpful tips on the hunting in that area? My pops and I had ventured up a pretty brutal FSR on the west side and out pemberton. Saw a black bear and couple grouse. Just wondering how the deer hunting is there or at lower elevations during this time of the year? Thanks for all the help.

Steeleco
11-13-2007, 11:44 PM
This time of year you could very likely find a buck standing on the road. But if you can get off the road a ways you'd stand a better chance. They are there, but they're very cagey!!

How far up did you see the bear? I still have one tag!!!

hunter11
11-14-2007, 11:02 AM
Thanks Steelco for the tips. I saw the black bear about 70 kms or so from the north side coming in from pemberton. Huge head like a watermelon.

Mr. Dean
11-14-2007, 12:20 PM
... Huge head like a watermelon.

Nows who loosing sleep.... :p

bsa30-06
11-14-2007, 05:49 PM
[quote=Steeleco;206609]This time of year you could very likely find a buck standing on the road. But if you can get off the road a ways you'd stand a better chance. They are there, but they're very cagey!!

you can say that again.!!!!!!!Tough terrain to hunt as well unless your half mountain goat.Apparently its a rewarding experience once you finally get one, i'll let you know about that when it happens.Right Steeleco.:smile:

Steeleco
11-14-2007, 09:00 PM
I'm still waiting for #2!!!!

Trailmaster
11-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Try up the Chehalis main head way out the back towards hemlock valley, i was working there for a little while, anouther one to check out is the fleetwood main, both are fsr roads, I seen alot of grouse up the fleetwood, just look for the less used roads with 6' cristmas trees.

Steeleco
11-15-2007, 02:57 AM
The Chealis main is blocked at the river, you can only get in from the Mystery creek area. Even the Norish creek access is said to be gated. The only way in is Harrison west.

Altitude, is the one tip a good buddy of mine always tells me. The deer on the tops are far and away bigger than the deer down low. I've seen this for myself, but like always they were does!!

hunter11
11-15-2007, 07:59 PM
Thanks guys for the help and tips. I'll try to gun one down. If it means climbn' then so it be. Me and pops are headn' up next week so hope to see something. Good luck.

Stresd
11-15-2007, 08:02 PM
Norish Creek. Is this the road that runs in by the inch creek hatchery as this is the way I used to go to the top end of Chehalis and then out through Mystery valley

hunter11
11-15-2007, 08:14 PM
not sure but should probably be in the backroads map.

TIKA 300
11-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Norish Creek. Is this the road that runs in by the inch creek hatchery as this is the way I used to go to the top end of Chehalis and then out through Mystery valley
GATE IS LOCKED @ Bell rd (Hawkins Pickle) Can get arond it though.Unless its been fixed there is a big washout at the top just past Dickson lake turn off !!!!!!!! TK