PDA

View Full Version : Season is over for LML hunters...

Redthies
11-20-2021, 08:16 AM
It seems like the season is done early for a lot of “city” hunters. With 30 liters of fuel the maximum, and travel restrictions until Dec 1 in place, it is the end of the line for anyone not able to hunt in their immediate area. I guess it’s ducks only for me now...

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021EMBC0073-002212

Wentrot
11-20-2021, 08:22 AM
It seems like the season is done early for a lot of “city” hunters. With 30 liters of fuel the maximum, and travel restrictions until Dec 1 in place, it is the end of the line for anyone not able to hunt in their immediate area. I guess it’s ducks only for me now...

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021EMBC0073-002212

30L per trip, people will be making a few stops. I think the biggest reason things are over is because all the FSRs are officially closed lol

Redthies
11-20-2021, 08:46 AM
Yup. You “could” theoretically make it happen by going to multiple gas stations, but where would you go? The few small areas that are still open/accessible are going to be full of people and it won’t be much fun. My freezer is not going to be very full this year. Oh well.

twoSevenO
11-20-2021, 08:52 AM
I just bought a crossbow and I'm gonna shoot a Stanley Park blacktail.

My car is diesel and only needs about 7L to get there and back, so win-win

Bernie O
11-20-2021, 09:21 AM
Living in Salmon Arm has always been good and now is even better. If not going hunting is your only problem at this time you should be gratefull, I know that I am.

swampthing
11-20-2021, 09:57 AM
I feel bad for the guys from the coast that had trips planned! I met a great crew last year. I was camped near them and when they found out I was camping solo they invited me for evening dinner and drinks! I really enjoyed their hospitality and swapping hunting stories to pass the evening hours away. I know they planned to be out this week.

Redthies
11-20-2021, 10:16 AM
I think we are all grateful for what we have at times like this. One of my friends is a hunter and lives in Sumas Prairie. Their farm is under about 3’ of water. It sucks.

I, along with others I know had trips planned for the next two weeks. I made alternate plans when the highways closed, but now with fuel and travel restrictions it would be fairly rude to go. I am waiting to hear how full the tanks are on a friends boat so we can water access somewhere. If they are full enough, we can go without needing to fuel up until after the dust settles on this mess%. Fingers crossed!

Downwindtracker2
11-20-2021, 10:18 AM
It has been a less than perfect year. Regional health restrictions limited quad explorations , then the fire season keep us out of the back country, one of my hunting partners got stuck at his farm hauling water,so that hunt got cancelled, the area I was going to hunt with another hunting partner got burned out . All in all, I consider myself lucky I got out a couple of times. That is what is about, isn't it.

MichelD
11-20-2021, 11:34 AM
I had pretty much decided it was LM waterfowl for me anyway about six weeks ago.

Maybe giving the game a break from some of us for the rest of the season isn't a bad thing anyway.

MOOSE MILK
11-20-2021, 01:08 PM
A friend's son is stuck some where near Quiesnell has moose and was headed home Sunday to the Island but is now stranded...I made it home Saturday, glad to be home. Going to give the deer on the island a break this year and just keep near to home!
MM

caddisguy
11-20-2021, 02:54 PM
If you see some guy creeping around Campbell Valley park with a bow, it's definitely not me!:D

Redthies
11-20-2021, 03:30 PM
If you see some guy creeping around Campbell Valley park with a bow, it's definitely not me!:D

If you’re up near McLean Pond, my dogs will chase you off!

caddisguy
11-20-2021, 03:36 PM
If you’re up near McLean Pond, my dogs will chase you off!

caddisguy: Hey HBC, I'm stranded again!

HBC: What? Seriously? How?!

caddisguy: I'm up in a tree this time in Campbell Valley park and can't come down because dogs. It's getting dark! I tried "hey boy" and "easy there fella" but they ain't buying it.

HBC: Good luck with that

Salty
11-20-2021, 03:42 PM
caddisguy’s pack list-

water
snacks
calls
rangefinder
knives
game bags
dog bones

:lol::lol:

Redthies
11-20-2021, 06:57 PM
caddisguy: Hey HBC, I'm stranded again!

HBC: What? Seriously? How?!

caddisguy: I'm up in a tree this time in Campbell Valley park and can't come down because dogs. It's getting dark! I tried "hey boy" and "easy there fella" but they ain't buying it.

HBC: Good luck with that

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Dour
11-22-2021, 05:58 PM
30L of gas hmmmmm. Well I hear that’s a thing !!! But you can still fill your tank !!! Anyways. Get out there !!!! If you can! And if your not scared !

Bugle M In
11-22-2021, 07:28 PM
Not the end of the world for me, granted i did have success last hunt out.
However, it serves my one hunting partner right.
That guy has jammed 2 years straight for whatever reason when he knows when we go etc.
But, instead had 4 weeks off coming.
Guess he will be doing house work instead!

DarekG
11-22-2021, 07:55 PM
Damn, that sucks.

Redthies
11-23-2021, 08:30 AM
There are obviously still SOME options, but the whitetail trips etc for some are a bit problematic. You could always fly to Kelowna and rent an RV or similar thing or fly with a tent and rent a pickup, or if you have hunting friends on the other side of the carnage. But if like me, you planned to load up the camper and go to your spot in the interior, that’s a done deal. (If you follow the current rules).

fozzy
11-23-2021, 12:55 PM
30L per trip, people will be making a few stops. I think the biggest reason things are over is because all the FSRs are officially closed lol

All FSR’s are officially closed? Can you post a link to this info?

Wentrot
11-23-2021, 01:13 PM
All FSR’s are officially closed? Can you post a link to this info?

https://www.for.gov.bc.ca/ftp/DCK/external/!publish/ENGINEERING/NOTICES/Road%20Closures/ALL%20FSR's%20-%202021%20Road%20Closure's.pdf
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/farming-natural-resources-and-industry/forestry/district-contacts/natural_resource_regions_and_districts_-_wall_map.png

Bubbacanuck
11-23-2021, 02:12 PM
Still plan on getting my region 2 buck before Dec 15th! There are still areas to go, you just have to think outside the box :)

JIL_24/7
11-23-2021, 03:41 PM
I know there is very little chance this finds a response, but I feel it is worth the ask. First, let me just say that I feel incredibly blessed to not have lost my house, my farm, my family to any of the challenges we have faced over the last 18 months or so as a Province. I know that hunting is not the be all and end all of life. That being said I have spent many years and hiked many kilometers into areas you can't drive into in order to come to a fairly regular harvest of venison for my family. We have had game meat for many years running. With all my gear paid for long ago and friends in the butchering game it has been a cost controlled way to feed my family organically. This year, however, my trip was planned for next week and as we are all aware that is not going to happen. I am wondering if anyone would be willing to PM me an area in region 2 that I can try which is accessible by foot at this time, and holds deer. I did 13 kilometers a day in early November setting up tree stands and patterning deer which I can no longer use, so at this point I am throwing a hail mary hoping to find someone who might be willing to help. Full disclosure. I have never even hunted Region 2, so I am not really even sure where to start or if it is even worth pursuing. Thanks everyone.

lakelander
11-23-2021, 04:23 PM
I know there is very little chance this finds a response, but I feel it is worth the ask. First, let me just say that I feel incredibly blessed to not have lost my house, my farm, my family to any of the challenges we have faced over the last 18 months or so as a Province. I know that hunting is not the be all and end all of life. That being said I have spent many years and hiked many kilometers into areas you can't drive into in order to come to a fairly regular harvest of venison for my family. We have had game meat for many years running. With all my gear paid for long ago and friends in the butchering game it has been a cost controlled way to feed my family organically. This year, however, my trip was planned for next week and as we are all aware that is not going to happen. I am wondering if anyone would be willing to PM me an area in region 2 that I can try which is accessible by foot at this time, and holds deer. I did 13 kilometers a day in early November setting up tree stands and patterning deer which I can no longer use, so at this point I am throwing a hail mary hoping to find someone who might be willing to help. Full disclosure. I have never even hunted Region 2, so I am not really even sure where to start or if it is even worth pursuing. Thanks everyone.

You could try Squamish Valley Road area. I use to hunt there years ago and the highway is open. I can't think of many options other than that right now unfortunately. My whitetail was cancelled as well but I did manage to get a nice mulie that we've been feasting on. Maybe we can all focus on predators for the rest of the season and give the ungulates a head start.

Bubbacanuck
11-23-2021, 04:30 PM
You could try Squamish Valley Road area. I use to hunt there years ago and the highway is open. I can't think of many options other than that right now unfortunately. My whitetail was cancelled as well but I did manage to get a nice mulie that we've been feasting on. Maybe we can all focus on predators for the rest of the season and give the ungulates a head start.

Vancouver island north end, Dec 10th still open. Texada island is another choice where they are open late season, Dec 15 with rifle and until Jan 15 with bow (either sex). There are options out there...sunshine coast is another but that closes Nov 30th. Good luck!

Redthies
11-23-2021, 08:21 PM
How did your Zippermouth Mtn blacktail trip go Bubba?

Warner
11-26-2021, 04:17 PM
Hi, only FSR in the Chilliwack Forest District are closed.

dmaxtech
11-26-2021, 04:28 PM
Hi, only FSR in the Chilliwack Forest District are closed.

That includes every FSR in the Lower Mainland. From Lions Bay to Manning Park and the US border to Keefer's north of Boston Bar.

Bubbacanuck
11-26-2021, 04:43 PM
How did your Zippermouth Mtn blacktail trip go Bubba?

It was foiled but I still plan to get out either for a Dec 4th or Dec 11th trip to get one....hopefully :)

twoSevenO
11-26-2021, 06:39 PM
https://www.for.gov.bc.ca/ftp/DCK/external/!publish/ENGINEERING/NOTICES/Road%20Closures/Bridal%20Veil%20Falls%20FSR%20-%202021%20Road%20Closure.pdf

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/farming-natural-resources-and-industry/forestry/district-contacts/natural_resource_regions_and_districts_-_wall_map.png

The bottom link won't open for me and the top only mentions ONE fsr.

Are all of them really closed? I'm confused now.

Wentrot
11-26-2021, 07:43 PM
The bottom link won't open for me and the top only mentions ONE fsr.

Are all of them really closed? I'm confused now.

lol shit I’m sorryhttps://www.for.gov.bc.ca/ftp/DCK/external/!publish/ENGINEERING/NOTICES/Road%20Closures/ALL%20FSR's%20-%202021%20Road%20Closure's.pdf

yes they are all closed.