PDA

View Full Version : Those who moved to BC, did you have to "nullify" your home province hunting license?

Eastern Turkey
11-16-2021, 02:57 PM
Hey all,

I am having trouble finding answers for this here/online and wait times to chat with somebody at the Ministry are a little long, although I'll try again later and update here.

Essentially, I recall that it is illegal to possess a hunting license in more than one province or territory. Howdid you go about nullifying or cancelling your license in the place you moved from? Is this even necessary? Does this happen automatically when transferring credentials to get an FWID? Insights and experiences welcome, but yes, I will be making certain myself with a phone call.

Thanks!

Danny_29
11-16-2021, 04:02 PM
Hey all,

I am having trouble finding answers for this here/online and wait times to chat with somebody at the Ministry are a little long, although I'll try again later and update here.

Essentially, I recall that it is illegal to possess a hunting license in more than one province or territory. Howdid you go about nullifying or cancelling your license in the place you moved from? Is this even necessary? Does this happen automatically when transferring credentials to get an FWID? Insights and experiences welcome, but yes, I will be making certain myself with a phone call.

Thanks!

You can only be a resident of one province at a time.

If you hold a resident tag in one province, then move to another, get your residency, you would need a non residents tag in the original province. Hunting under your original residents tag would be illegal.

jvezina
11-16-2021, 07:35 PM
I just let mine expire, and left it at that.

HappyJack
11-16-2021, 07:38 PM
You have to be a resident of BC for 6 months before you are considered a resident, so your old license would most likely have expired by then if you planned properly.

sparkes3
11-16-2021, 08:52 PM
If you moved here , Take your old hunter number (which proves you have done a hunter education course in another province)into a front counter and have it transferred into a fwid for b.c
and your done .

bcsteve
11-16-2021, 08:58 PM
If you moved here , Take your old hunter number (which proves you have done a hunter education course in another province)into a front counter and have it transferred into a fwid for b.c
and your done .

It doesn’t work like that unless things have changed. I had to get my CORE a week before a planned hunting trip when I moved to BC.

Eastern Turkey
11-16-2021, 09:00 PM
Wonderful, thanks all for the insights!

It appears that there is nothing left for me to do other than prove and transfer my hunter's ed. and wait the 6 months.

Redthies
11-16-2021, 10:22 PM
Well, there is the mandatory class on no longer saying “oot and aboot” to complete...