PDA

View Full Version : Princeton

Deer_Slayer
11-07-2021, 08:23 PM
Heading to Princeton for a 3 day hunt with my son on Monday. Wondering if anyone is still seeing bears in that area. I know it's late in the game but if they are still bein spotted I'll grab a tag in Princeton. Also how is snow conditions in the hills?

wos
11-07-2021, 08:32 PM
Not much snow. Definitely haven't seen any bears. And the deer hunting sucks this year.

blackford
11-07-2021, 08:46 PM
Saw one bear while I was watching a cut block first thing in the morning.

the deer are around but you totally need to get out of the truck or off the quad and invest a morning and night in one spot. I found an active game trail and hiked into the bush. I was successful but my buddies that drove all day got zip

mauser
11-07-2021, 09:22 PM
Been a slow season for bears sightings at least for me. Been out quite abit in October and a few days this November.

cameron0518
11-08-2021, 11:04 AM
I saw a bear last weekend so there are some still around.

Forks
11-08-2021, 01:09 PM
Bear near East Gate just off the highway. Was a bit surprised. Snow was starting to make its presence known around Sunday Summit and patches of the park.

Deer_Slayer
11-11-2021, 02:14 PM
Well thanks for the info. Another season come and gone and nothing in the freezer. Seriously sucks living so far from good hunting. Saw 2 good groups of mulie does 11 and 14 but no bucks anywhere. Saw one huge bodied mulie coming out in dark..probably a buck but who knows what he had on his head. Never heard any distant gun shots and not one single track or sign of bears. Sigh I sure miss the Kootenays.