PDA

View Full Version : Horsefly Mule Deer

bcbooner
11-12-2007, 08:03 PM
Thinking of Heading to the horsefly area on Nov.19 for a late season Mule Deer hunt,Are the Deer still in the area or have they moved out? I have conflicting reports on whether or not the Deer Rut in the area.Any info would be helpfull.thanks.

Untouchable
11-12-2007, 08:25 PM
was there this weekend and we shot a two by two with a droptine, other than that, didn't see many deer so we moved into another area, I'd say there are definatly better areas around, but you never known where that big guy will show up

primmed
11-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Was just up there for 3 days lookin for deer and I didnt see one not even a frickin doe!!!! I did see a nice cow and calf and i was hunting in and around a 400 acre private ranch. This was my first time up there and was wondering if anyone knew when the deer hung around there. I did however see a ton of deer on the west fraser road between quesnel and williams lake!!!

TravisC
11-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Was up in 5-02 between Maclease lake and Likely for a week in oct got my doe but the hunting was extreamly hard the weather sucked too warm and very windy. Did see some nice small bucks there but they were all in the farmers feilds.

~T-BONE~
11-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Some friend of a friend was there this past weekend and said it was very slow also. But they did manage to pull out a 3x3... Likely area was aparantly really dead as was said to have a bad wolf problem.

srupp
11-13-2007, 12:10 AM
T-Bone is right about the Likely area and wolves and those bucks migrate rather early due to the higher Mountains..HOWEVER Horsefly...and the entire area towards Williams Lake..Big Lake etc has TONS of deer and some HUGE bucks..and THAT migration hasnt even begun to happen..

Steven