PDA

View Full Version : Newbie questions - what kind of tp do you pack?

RainyLaker
11-02-2021, 12:28 PM
I read that it's important to pack toilet paper when heading into the bush. Is that true? I've used moss in the past and / or twigs.

Do you use a fresh roll, 2 ply, pack it in a plastic shopping bag?

Harvest the Land
11-02-2021, 12:42 PM
How well did you walk after using twigs to wipe your ass?

I don't leave the truck without having at least some TP in my pack, but pretty much always make sure to take care of business before leaving for the hunt.

TP can also be helpful to place on specs of blood if you're following a blood trail.

Or if you have to blow your nose etc. Plenty of good reasons to take some. Definitely 2 ply - 1 ply is for suckers. And ya, put in a ziploc bag or something like that to keep it dry.

RambleOn
11-02-2021, 12:51 PM
Pinecones.

Make sure to keep direction and application in mind in mind. Has a smoother side and one that provides enhanced exfoliation.

RainyLaker
11-02-2021, 02:18 PM
How well did you walk after using twigs to wipe your ass?

I don't leave the truck without having at least some TP in my pack, but pretty much always make sure to take care of business before leaving for the hunt.

TP can also be helpful to place on specs of blood if you're following a blood trail.

Or if you have to blow your nose etc. Plenty of good reasons to take some. Definitely 2 ply - 1 ply is for suckers. And ya, put in a ziploc bag or something like that to keep it dry.

Funny replies lol

I'll switch to the ziploc bag idea. Better waterproofing system I bet.

The twigs are more like fir branches with leaves. It's not ideal but does the trick in a pinch.

Gateholio
11-02-2021, 02:20 PM
Pinecones.

Make sure to keep direction and application in mind in mind. Has a smoother side and one that provides enhanced exfoliation.

Enhanced exfoliation hahahaga

wideopenthrottle
11-02-2021, 02:35 PM
in my emerg pack I have some paper towel in 1 rubber surgical glove ....the really thick ones...and some 2ply in the other glove..it is nice to have some paper towel to clean the grease off your knife to sharpen it or just to be less slippery

albravo2
11-02-2021, 02:38 PM
Hard to beat those biodegradable wet-wipes, especially on a long trip with no showers.

boxhitch
11-02-2021, 02:41 PM
Clean.....

Linksman313
11-02-2021, 02:42 PM
Socks in a pinch after the pinch

jlirot
11-02-2021, 02:42 PM
Hard to beat those biodegradable wet-wipes, especially on a long trip with no showers.

^^^^^ALBRAVO2 for the win!^^^^^

RainyLaker
11-02-2021, 02:49 PM
Clean.....

Socks in a pinch after the pinch

Y'all crack me up. I also appreciate the tips. Who knew such a stupid question would yield some insight into your inner workings out in the field.

todbartell
11-02-2021, 03:52 PM
I steal a half roll from home. As it gets depleted, I will resupply by rolling enough off the roll at home for a real greasy shit, then about 50% more. I have started packing a few baby wipes too in a smaller ziploc. The bag of wipes and TP go in an easily accessible pocket in my hunting pack in a larger plastic bag

Bustercluck
11-02-2021, 04:14 PM
Yes, a big pack of baby wipes. My friend calls them a “whore bath” from his festival days.

They’re also excellent for cleaning you hands and arms after you kill something.

Fella
11-02-2021, 04:17 PM
During spring bear or early season I just grab a squirrel or chipmunk, in the late season it’s usually a whiskeyjack or raven.

RambleOn
11-02-2021, 04:27 PM
During spring bear or early season I just grab a squirrel or chipmunk, in the late season it’s usually a whiskeyjack or raven.

Hahaha.....for the win!

warnniklz
11-02-2021, 04:42 PM
a hat if it comes down to it...

RainyLaker
11-02-2021, 04:50 PM
a hat if it comes down to it...

:lol:

Would you like to make a deposit sir? <says man hat in hand>

HikerHunter
11-02-2021, 05:09 PM
as long as youre not a surface shitter i dont care how you wipe your ass. just bury the damn stuff

Arctic Lake
11-02-2021, 05:33 PM
1/2. To 1 full roll of Toilet paper at least 2 ply in your daypack ! Some Wet Ones ! I like a clean ass .
The don’t call em Will Knots for nothing ! Keep it clean or you’ll need to use scissors when you get home !
What do think of the rectum as a whole ! Rectum ! Damn near killed em !
Arctic Lake

Citori54
11-02-2021, 05:43 PM
When I was first married my wife asked why the bottoms of some of my T-shirts were missing:p. Now I ensure I pack TP and as others have said some baby wipes in a zip lock. Oh yeah and another tip I learned 50 years ago, do not use snow.

RainyLaker
11-02-2021, 05:53 PM
surface shitter

Will Knots for nothing ! Keep it clean or you’ll need to use scissors when you get home ! What do think of the rectum as a whole ! Rectum ! Damn near killed em !
Arctic Lake

When I was first married my wife asked why the bottoms of some of my T-shirts were missing:p. Now I ensure I pack TP and as others have said some baby wipes in a zip lock. Oh yeah and another tip I learned 50 years ago, do not use snow.

I'm working late tonight so these are so great! Got me rolling in giggles, especially appreciated since I'm also posting in the covid thread. :)

guntech
11-02-2021, 06:38 PM
I always carried a few pieces of paper towel folded up in an inside shirt pocket... it's tougher than tp.

Treed
11-02-2021, 06:44 PM
Mostly moss, Vanilla leaf on the island makes a nice natural 3 ply. Makes for interesting plant id when I get home.

tuner
11-02-2021, 06:51 PM
Try packing a roll of barb wire.

RainyLaker
11-02-2021, 07:24 PM
Try packing a roll of barb wire.

Woah! A bit heavy don't you think? Not really practical.

tuner
11-02-2021, 07:38 PM
Woah! A bit heavy don't you think? Not really practical.

Lol, I was trying to get a rise outta you. Lol

RainyLaker
11-02-2021, 08:09 PM
Lol, I was trying to get a rise outta you. Lol

:lol: you almost had me at 'wire'

landphil
11-02-2021, 08:58 PM
Devils club leaves work well, thick and tough so there’s less chance of an accidental puncture than most other leaves.

wos
11-02-2021, 09:52 PM
If you find a toque in regon 8 or a right hand glove in reg 5
At the back of a cut block I recommend you don't touch them. Just saying.

RBH
11-03-2021, 01:46 PM
Ha. Funny question; funny answers. Now that I think of it, I'm remembering using leaves from big leaf maples and such, but that seems a long time ago (because it was... when I was a kid. What's happened to me?) Yeah, I take a bit of TP (say 1/4 roll) when I'm out in the woods for anything more than a few hours, typically in a small plastic bag. Apart from its intended use, it would make a good fire starter if needed.

FWIW, I also travelled pretty extensively in the Middle East and India in my younger years, and at the time became adept at using water and my left hand, as was customary in the those parts. I might say that due to poor sanitary conditions on my travels the garbage chute sometimes got high frequency usage and I was glad I was rinsing rather than scouring my backside, which otherwise would have been much worse for wear.

dakoda62
11-03-2021, 01:51 PM
Squirrels and rabbits are by the softest if you can catch them, always 5-6 of blue shop towels in my pack, plus 1/2 roll of to ply.

ACE
11-03-2021, 02:42 PM
When I was first married my wife asked why the bottoms of some of my T-shirts were missing:p.

Ever seen a logger with pockets on his shirt, or a shirt tail?
A joke shop in Seattle had rolls of toilet paper with Richard Nixon's face on every square. Would be great to have our dipshit PM on every square too.
My son asked if I had any tp while we were elk hunting . . . my response: "Sure! it's free in camp but, out here, it's a buck a square . . . . how much will you be needing?" :mrgreen: He rolled a great bull later that day. Fun times . .

walks with deer
12-01-2021, 08:52 AM
I started another thread called the morning mistake...

Many tops of socks have been cut when my wife first moved in she was like what happened...i always make sure i have paper know.

Rezpatrol
02-14-2022, 12:13 AM
If you dip your ass and balls in a creek while you poop it self wipes plus alleviates the pain of night before tacos and the sent didn't spook the animals just the fish

Chewie
02-14-2022, 08:55 AM
A paper cut on the brown eye from a ball of green grass. Don’t ask me how I know.

Arctic Lake
02-14-2022, 09:30 AM
Hope your joking ! Crapping in a creek is not the thing to do !
Arctic Lake
If you dip your ass and balls in a creek while you poop it self wipes plus alleviates the pain of night before tacos and the sent didn't spook the animals just the fish

Imdone
02-14-2022, 09:30 AM
Ever seen a logger with pockets on his shirt, or a shirt tail?
A joke shop in Seattle had rolls of toilet paper with Richard Nixon's face on every square. Would be great to have our dipshit PM on every square too.
My son asked if I had any tp while we were elk hunting . . . my response: "Sure! it's free in camp but, out here, it's a buck a square . . . . how much will you be needing?" :mrgreen: He rolled a great bull later that day. Fun times . .

You Can get the Arse Wipe with Juniors face on it, just like his dad. His time in office is coming to an end thank goodness.
I don't have a square to spare.

Arctic Lake
02-14-2022, 09:33 AM
There’s actually a book “ How to s ht in the woods “ .
Make a cat hole a crap in that then bury it . Paper towel biodegradable Wet Ones for clean up . Hand sanitizer after your all done . Have a good one !
Arctic Lake

swantonbomb
03-22-2022, 01:22 PM
Whatever you do- don’t use devils club

Survival Bill
03-24-2022, 03:28 AM
You are all Barbarians No one using a portable bidet shish get into the 21 century people...

303carbine
04-24-2022, 03:30 PM
I read that it's important to pack toilet paper when heading into the bush. Is that true? I've used moss in the past and / or twigs.

Do you use a fresh roll, 2 ply, pack it in a plastic shopping bag?

You can use your sleeve or your T shirt, just don't plop your stuff on a main road or trail.
And if anybody's dog eats it, lets hope it's your dog and he licks your face when you get home.:lol:

tigrr
04-24-2022, 06:34 PM
Charmin Ultra Strong or thimble berry leaves, whichever is closer.

Drillbit
06-12-2022, 09:04 AM

The common term for TP in our camps is “mountain money”

justachip
06-12-2022, 12:39 PM
Mullin leaves are natures toilet paper very soft. Its Latin name is vermaskinwipeyourasskin.

Fella
06-12-2022, 12:50 PM
I use a squirrel

TUGGER
06-12-2022, 01:32 PM
12 volt water pump you have a bidet

tigrr
06-12-2022, 09:08 PM
In a pinch pine needles work but only in one direction.
I always have a partial roll of Charmin Ultra Strong on hand.