PDA

View Full Version : Heated Insoles or Socks

marcus44
11-01-2021, 09:03 AM
Does anyone use heated insoles or socks. If so, which ones do you use and why?

Thank you in advance

BCBill
11-01-2021, 09:56 AM
Tried the heated insoles from Canadian Tire. They were quite thick and raised my heel enough that my boots didn't fit comfortably. Tried using them anyhow and did not see that they made my feet any warmer, even on hi

Wentrot
11-01-2021, 10:09 AM
Tried some heated socks from Cabela’s, they are horrific. Lol

albravo2
11-01-2021, 10:18 AM
I have a set of the heated insoles but I don't use them because they take up just enough room to make my boots snug and there is no faster path to cold feet than tight boots.

BRvalley
11-01-2021, 01:34 PM
I played around with cheap ones off amazon, thankfully they have an easy refund process lol

I tend to have warm feet, I only need them for sitting in the blind or stands, so I switched over to insulated boot covers for that, they work well, especially in a body suit, so much nicer than running a heater and packing in propane

oversized boots and good socks system are the first steps to warm feet, tight boots are no good

ACB
11-01-2021, 05:45 PM
I played around with cheap ones off amazon, thankfully they have an easy refund process lol

I tend to have warm feet, I only need them for sitting in the blind or stands, so I switched over to insulated boot covers for that, they work well, especially in a body suit, so much nicer than running a heater and packing in propane

oversized boots and good socks system are the first steps to warm feet, tight boots are no good
I'v got a pair of the Arctic Shield over boot covers, they work great for a blind or stand, I was able to stay in a stand in Sask. all day at -17 C. Another thing I use is a thin piece of that blue cell foam to get my feet off the cold ground.

blacksn95
11-01-2021, 06:25 PM
One of the guys we hunt with has the Thermacell ones with remote.. They lasted for about 3 weeks of hard use before he had to return them for new ones.. He really liked them while they worked though... I just wear wool socks and boots with 800fill and seem to be warm enough..

Harvest the Land
11-01-2021, 07:29 PM
Heated socks. The Snow Deer ones are going on their 4th season and still work awesome. They're a game changer on those late season hunts in a blind or stand you're stationary and its well below zero. But I mostly still hunt and have no clue how many km's I've put on them, but its a lot and they've never let me down and are still as good as when I bought them

alberta hunter
11-03-2021, 06:25 PM
I use the thermo cell soles blue tooth to my phone, I use there app, easy to use, also have a second set of battery just change as needed

mpotzold
11-03-2021, 07:41 PM
Check posts 31, 43, 44 re:RedHead socks –

IMO- definitely the best socks I have ever had for keeping one’s feet warm & comfortable even in the extreme cold.

And the best socks are........... - Page 6 (huntingbc.ca) (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?81779-And-the-best-socks-are/page6&highlight=wool+socks)

Beachcomber
11-03-2021, 08:19 PM
I was given a pair of Lenz heated socks. They could be adjusted individually and even linked to my phone. Tried them a couple of times but they didn't work consistently so I returned them.

mod7rem
11-05-2021, 09:23 PM
I have owned heated socks in the past, but can’t remember what brand, and I currently have a pair of Thermo Cell insoles. The socks were useless, but it was a long time ago and I’m sure there are a lot better choices now.
The Thermo Cell insoles work pretty good but there is a problem with the way they can change the fit of your boot. The heal area houses the battery so it is hard and not that comfortable. Also recharging can be a pain if you’re camping.
I seem to always go back to Little Hotties toe warmers from Costco. I always keep a bunch in my pack and stick them on whenever I need them. In really cold temps I will stick one on top and one underneath my toes. Simple and reliable.