PDA

View Full Version : FYI : Farwell Canyon Area Hunters....STAY ON THE ROADS

Stainless
10-23-2021, 04:58 PM
Just a reminder to everyone who comes up to the Williams Lake area to hunt....if you look in the regs at map E7 (PAGE 61) the area (West Side of Farwell Canyon Road) is an ATV closed area and you should stay on designated roads. That doesn't mean you can drive off the roads wherever you please in the grasslands or in the open areas. You are compacting the grasslands! These regulations are there for a reason. Don't be lazy, get out and walk instead of creating "new" roads that degrade the habitat.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8521&stc=1

swampthing
10-23-2021, 06:04 PM
Good info as a lot of guys "miss" that in the regs. But, licensed motor vehicles can drive in way more places than those roads on there. I agree with staying on existing roads and staying off the grasslands.

CranePete
10-23-2021, 07:52 PM
I seem to recall that there are many, like MANY roads on the other side of Farwell. I’ve spent a fair bit of time out there working, but I personally find the rules so convoluted that I hunt east of the Fraser rather than run afoul of the law. Jmo

Stainless
10-23-2021, 08:31 PM
I seem to recall that there are many, like MANY roads on the other side of Farwell. I’ve spent a fair bit of time out there working, but I personally find the rules so convoluted that I hunt east of the Fraser rather than run afoul of the law. Jmo

Yes, there are plenty of roads to drive besides the few that are highlighted on the map. What I am getting at is that hunters are driving right off built roads to drive in open pasture, compacting it and making visible tire marks that don't disappear. Ruins the landscape.

Machinist
10-23-2021, 08:33 PM
It’s another BS move on hunting, I drew a LEH deer tag for 3-17 and in the regs it’s closed for ATV use . So I called the game branch about it and said what if I use my ATV to go fishing at Blue Earth lake in there ? No problem they said, I asked what If I use my ATV to ride around and explore the area ? They said no problem
so I asked what’s the difference then if I am hunting ? They did not want to answer they just said follow the regs when it comes to hunting , what a bunch of BS !! So I can access the area on my ATV for everything else except for
hunting , GO figure