PDA

View Full Version : disgusted!

resqmedic02
11-11-2007, 07:34 PM
I haven't hunted in over 5 years due to many circumstances.
Took up archery over the last year and decided to take on hunting again. Only as a bowhunter and not use my rifle.
I have been hunting a particular area for 5 days (over a three week period).
I have seen lots of game and unfortunatley missed one shot, passed a second shot at same deer next day (too dark), and passed up a spiker.
This area that I have been hunting is about 1.5 km long (following a road which has a quarter mile single projectile closed area) by 475m to the next road and is triangular in shape. Not a very big area.

Now with what discusses me. In these three weeks I have count 9 deer capes dumped in this area in two spots within 20 yards of each other. Two were bucks (probably legal) and the rest were does and 1 fawn (illegal kills I presume?).
While sitting 200 or so meters in this area waiting for an opprtunity I have witnessed 5 people walking through with rifles in hand ( more illegal hunting no doubt).
I have been going in early (before daylight) or leaving late (after its too dark to shoot) to and from my "spot" and while I am walking (dark enough to use a flash light) I here gun shots. No not one But several. Some very near and some further away ( again more illegal hunting).
So I feel that I am a sportsman, I believe in fair chase and following the law to a T when hunting. Who do these idiots think they are.....NOT SPORTSMAN or HUNTERS, more like Criminals.
I appologize for this lenghty note but I am outraged and needed to vent.

quadrakid
11-11-2007, 07:42 PM
have you reported this activity to the local co?

Wildfoot
11-11-2007, 08:01 PM
I would call the CO's .. this sounds like a job for Robobuck

resqmedic02
11-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Will be calling the co. Only wish I had more info to give. Like plate numbers and/or pictures.

boxhitch
11-11-2007, 08:08 PM
Maybe some after-dusk sleuthing is needed, to satisfy your own answers ? Record the times, sightings, vehicles, shots etc. all help your cause.
Just stay safe.

ryanb
11-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Don't forget legal shooting time is 1hr before and after sunrise/set, which is often dark enough to be using a flashlight to walk.

BCJunior
11-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Sounds like a dirty homocide, get a CO out there!

Sharkey
11-11-2007, 08:42 PM
I would call the CO's .. this sounds like a job for Robobuck

No kidding eh? That's funny. They'd totally get busted with Robobuck...
~D

The Hermit
11-11-2007, 09:19 PM
I here ya... out walking a road today had a chat with a guy that was hunting with a rifle in a no-single-projectile zone... ha asked me why I was carrying a shotgun! I think in this case he really didn't know that it was shotgun and archery only but... he knows now! ;-)

StoneChaser
11-11-2007, 09:58 PM
Sounds like a hell of a start to a good bait pile...got yourself a yote rifle?

TRACKnTRAIL
11-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Don't forget legal shooting time is 1hr before and after sunrise/set, which is often dark enough to be using a flashlight to walk.

Isn't it a 1/2 hour?

R Brooks
11-11-2007, 10:33 PM
I also hate to hear stories like this, but they won't stop until they are caught.:mad:

It is 1 hour after sunset to 1 hour before sunrise for Game, and 1/2 hour for migratory game birds.

mud-dog27
11-11-2007, 11:45 PM
jeez id be callin up the COs m sure theyd be more than happy to set up for a while and watch the area hopefully take some of these wanna-be-hunters

1/2 slam
11-12-2007, 01:19 AM
Time to call the CO...and it's 1 hour before and after.

NightOwl74
11-12-2007, 03:07 AM
I read last week in one of the Kelowna newspapers that the total poacher shot deer(that have been found) in the Kelowna area is 12 so far this year. Does, fawns, 3 pointers, etc. shot for "fun" and left to rot. And I don't wanna hear anyone sayin', "well it happens.......it's a part of hunting." These deer were left, not reported to the CO as a mistake. I hunted this year with a camera, and today I spent 2 hours in the company of a beautiful 4 point muley and his girlfriend. They seemed to know I only had a camera, and wasn't packin' heat........pictures to come soon.:cool:

hunter1947
11-12-2007, 06:51 AM
Phone the CO and tell them were you saw the hides and were you heard the shots in the early morning .

boxhitch
11-12-2007, 10:08 PM
I read last week in one of the Kelowna newspapers that the total poacher shot deer(that have been found) in the Kelowna area is 12 so far this year. Does, fawns, 3 pointers, etc. shot for "fun" and left to rot.
IIRC the central OK seems to get these every year as well as several moose. More so than other communities ?
No details released, but rumour has it that several 7.62 steel cartridges have been found at kill sights. Al la SKS ? Someone out for cheap thrill, with a cheap toy ??