PDA

View Full Version : Male Seeking Whitetail For a Casual/Good Time

loyle
10-05-2021, 09:12 PM
Hey everyone!

I just moved to Nelson and have no idea where to begin. I am just looking for some general direction as to where you would begin your search for Whitetail and Mule Deer within Region 4 in November? Any advice or is appreciated. Also if there are any locals looking to gain a tag along let me know!

Thanks! :wink:

Redthies
10-06-2021, 08:02 AM
I don’t have specific info on Nelson, but I would just have a look at a map of the area, find some FSRs, look at those areas on Google Earth or similar and pick a few spots that look ok and then go for a drive. If you have the iHunter app, and the public land layer you will know where you can hunt in those areas. (From your Coquitlam watershed posts, I would guess you have this?)

Someone might throw more details at you, but if you’re new to the area, driving around for a couple of weekends is a good way to figure out where you like it and where you don’t.

albravo2
10-06-2021, 09:30 AM
^what he said, 100%.

If I find an area myself I feel I can share it or talk about it. If someone introduces me to an area I feel I'm sworn to silence forever.

Besides, driving around exploring new areas is one of the best things about hunting.

Good luck!

moosinaround
10-06-2021, 09:59 AM
Any areas that border farm lands, along escarpments where day time and night time feeding/bedding areas are. Drive around and look for does, usually in November, bucks will be near. Exploring is as fun as hunting IMO! I suffer from "around the next bend-itis"!!! Moosin