PDA

View Full Version : Oct.5, SNOWS

ACB
10-05-2021, 07:00 PM
This morning while having the morning constitutional, thought I heard snow geese going by here on the Sunshine Coast. This afternoon I was out with the dogs around Trout lake in a old logging slash and there was flock after flock after flock going by, very high up. This evening while I was letting my older dog out to check the perimeter and make sure there wasn't any bad kitties around, there was another flock going by, had to be 2 to 3 thousand very high up.

Beachcomber
10-05-2021, 07:49 PM
Always great to hear them, even when you can't see them. Yesterday morning around 6:00 am on my ride in to work I heard snows going over, thousands of them.

Sitkaspruce
10-05-2021, 08:43 PM
We got Oct 5 snow, the stuff that falls from the sky and stays on the ground!!

We also lots of Canada Geese right now along with more ducks then I have seen in a while.

Cheers

SS

Keta1969
10-05-2021, 09:16 PM
Seemed like all of Monday night they were going over my place. Flock after flock. Sat on the porch and listened for awhile. Love hearing them.

MichelD
10-05-2021, 10:13 PM
I saw my first flock over two weeks ago flying right over the Georiga Street viaduct.

MB_Boy
10-06-2021, 08:02 AM
Have heard them quite a bit going over my place over the past few days in Vancouver.

IronNoggin
10-06-2021, 11:06 AM
Lots have been flying over Port for around a week or so now.
Reports from my buddies in the Arctic are of snow, and that the geese are wandering off now.
Expect quite the show here very soon.

Nog

whognu
10-06-2021, 05:46 PM
Just came from tsawwassen ferry

must have been A thousand or more landing beside the hwy for a bite to eat

beautiful sight

silveragent
10-06-2021, 08:04 PM
Bring BB and #2 this weekend boys

silveragent
10-10-2021, 04:46 AM
Well they are in heavy in Boundary Bay but they are not coming down for anything in the foreshore ... if you happen to be in one of the farms or parks inland you are having a good time

CrazyBone
10-11-2021, 03:24 AM
Hey Silveragent, do you have Intel in whether they are coming down at Westham Island? Also, I wasn't aware that there were any legal shootings allowed for Snows in the inland parks :eek:. Been itching to go out and try for some Snows this season but not sure if they're back yet.

silveragent
10-11-2021, 10:24 AM
I was joking about the parks but you will see them like a carpet in inland farms. They roost out in the bays - I heard also they are roosting out at Brunswick Pt in the bay but I haven't been out there yet - In the morning they leave the roost come in the feed which is why everyone is skyblasting them as they transit the foreshores; and at the end of the day they return and you can hit them in the night flight. I haven't heard about Westham yet but if they are in BB and Brunswick it stands to reason they wouldn't miss Westham.

All I really know is the two days I've spent so far at BB.

ACB
10-18-2021, 11:15 AM
Just this pass weekend during the atmospheric river weather event, I decided to take a drive past the Davis Bay beach on the Sunshine Coast for a bit of storm watching and much to my delight there about 100 yds. out there were somewhere between 30-40 snows flying south trying to buck the wind and about 200-300 yd. north of them there was another 30-40 doing the same thing. By the time I got turned around and got my bino's out they had landed about 100yds south of Chapman Creek, I guess to weather out the storm and rest up. That was Sat. Most of the day Sun. and the wind had gone down, there was flock after flock of Canada's flying over, to me they mostly looked like Greaters. Nice to see.

silveragent
10-18-2021, 01:42 PM
On Saturday I got one snowie .. they didn't like our setup for some reason ... anyway they are in the thousands hopping farms north of the east end of Boundary Bay close to White Rock.

Dutch
11-03-2021, 09:18 AM
https://i.imgur.com/UkwV6Fl.jpg from October 27 snows in the morning for the lab roosters in the afternoon for the GSP

Bubbacanuck
11-03-2021, 09:31 AM
https://i.imgur.com/UkwV6Fl.jpg from October 27 snows in the morning for the lab roosters in the afternoon for the GSP

Beautiful dogs!! I'm sure they love getting out to work!
One day I want to get in with the Rod & Gun club on Westham...one can dream lol

Dutch
11-09-2021, 07:28 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Zg0YhKn.jpg great pic had to post watching sunrise waiting for the first fusillade

labguy
11-10-2021, 09:31 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Great photo!!!