PDA

View Full Version : Whoops....

buckguy
11-11-2007, 07:21 AM
Good morning,
Just a quick line, was out yesterday in Chilliwackwith my wife(Liz) and was pretty quiet in the way of game but saw some amazing scenery.Not to bad looking for where I could go today...now the bad ...starter seized in my truck and needless to say it is still in the bush.5KM walk out, lucky not 25km and not raining but still an 18 hour day...Hopefully will try Monday and see what happens....laughing on the inside as this makes two hunting trips(only ones I have done ) where fun stuff like this happens.Hoping Monday is a litttle better....Well got to go and retrive my truck....Happy hunting!

BlacktailStalker
11-11-2007, 07:30 AM
Ah crap eh?
Thats just the way she goes sometimes :)
There have been some unreal bad luck stories on here and its always turned out in the end.
Its happened to me too. My rad hose blew 36km in, on an elk hunt on the way to my hike. Took 2 days.
The things we do to go hunting.
Good luck.

mtnmax
11-11-2007, 07:33 AM
That sucks. Even those inexpencive tool kits from wally world fit under the seat of any truck. Cheap insurance. I put one in my trailer and it has helped me once or twice. Hope all goes well.

springpin
11-11-2007, 07:57 AM
my truck broke 2 weeks ago as well. The A/C idler bearing seized. 2.5 hrs later to lordco to get a smaller belt. Got it running and kept on hunting..

hunter1947
11-11-2007, 08:13 AM
I blew up a auto transmission this year elk hunting ,it coast me $4,700.00 to fix it http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif.

11-11-2007, 08:48 AM
Geez Buckguy, Mrs. Murphy only gave you a love tap, compared to what can and does happen. Consider it foreplay to the main event which will be easy to know cause you will will be shaking your head and saying something like "Oh no,l can't believe this"!:-P This years mechanical entertainment for me was my gas line somehow getting hooked with a branch or something and ending up down on my muffler and melting!:eek: Drove from Barrier to Vernon while it leaked out on the muffler and hwy. Truck finally died within 4 miles of home.
THe only absolute thing a person can say about vehicles is they will break down and usually the timing and location sucks!!

1/2 slam
11-11-2007, 08:55 AM
$2700 for a tranny this year. The silver lining? At least I wasn't hunting when it happened:wink:

overthetop
11-11-2007, 09:20 AM
I just bought a new truck because my old truck was getting pretty unreliable but I was fortunate enough to have it break down in town or atleast allways on the highway. We did lose a wheel on our travel trailer near merrit once and spent two days looking for new wheel studs. Slept in a pullout in a trailer sitting at a wierd angle for 2 nights...

scoot
11-11-2007, 03:54 PM
A few years back the automatic tranny(Ford 95 diesel) blew on a steep hill(Black Dome mountain). A Good Samaritan (Jim Hamilton -a pilot, rodeo rider , and a hunter from W.L. got us out of the mess).A part of the Serpentine Belt broke off and severed the tranny hose. The sharp snap sounded like a small rock . Three weeks later in the same general area the starter went. This time we used a satellite phone for a tow truck. Total damage -ABOUT $800O.

Last year, blackdome, went up in my just bought 95' ford diesel. I did not know I had bad glow plugs. Tempature went from day one, shorts and T-shirt, day two, cold and rain, night of day 3, -25. truck would not start. Took two days to deal with it. Weather up there changes faster than dirty underwear!

mud-dog27
11-11-2007, 11:50 PM
haha try drivin a jeep anything that can go wrong will......you just start carryin as many spare parts as you possibly can when you venture offroad but the old heep has yet to disappoint me as far as goin where i wanna go with it *knock on wood*:roll:

TIKA 300
11-12-2007, 07:33 AM
Went fishing aug 07 at Johnson lake,about 10 mins from the lake the wife asks if there is a lock on the power windows,jist of it truck dies in parking lot,1 year old altenator SHOT !!!!!!!!! IT WAS A HUGE BLESSING where the truck died,so i was THANKFUL for that. TK

buckguy
11-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Well,compared to some of ya out there my little predicament wasn't that bad! Hoping to get out before end of season but looks like the truck problem may be more than I thought....we will see. Man, next year going to be my year.

scoot
11-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Scoot! Was your diesel dark blue??(I forgot to say that I got rid of the 95 shortly after!)

nope, grey. That was actually two winters ago now, she's been great since.

Islandeer
11-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Shiite does happen. If it makes this any easier I 'l share one of my best. Ten years ago had the family at the base of MT Arrowsmith,starter went. We walked out to the hwy,epic family bonding oppurtunity. This story is now used in certain high level family negotiations. Good luck!!

happygilmore
11-12-2007, 01:52 PM
Boy alot of guys here drive fords...nuff said:wink: