PDA

View Full Version : 100 Mile Canim Lake

blacksn95
09-27-2021, 08:36 AM
Good Morning,

My friend has a Cabin near Canim lake. He called me last day and asked if I would go help him winterize it.. I figure since I have a few days off I might just pack the rifle and tags along... Hows the deer / bear hunting up out that way? not looking for honey holes etc but more just an idea of what areas to go explore.

Cheers,

Vince

RyoTHC
09-27-2021, 10:00 AM
Good Morning,

My friend has a Cabin near Canim lake. He called me last day and asked if I would go help him winterize it.. I figure since I have a few days off I might just pack the rifle and tags along... Hows the deer / bear hunting up out that way? not looking for honey holes etc but more just an idea of what areas to go explore.

Cheers,

Vince

bear should be easy there, had my LEH in that neck of the woods last year and spent almost a month out in the bush, deer may be a tough go, in my entire time there I saw one 4pt and it came home with me and we were out sunrise to sunset everyday on foot a lot.

but the best part about hunting is “Anywhere, Anytime” for any animal.. you can’t have success if you aren’t out there !

blacksn95
09-28-2021, 05:38 AM
bear should be easy there, had my LEH in that neck of the woods last year and spent almost a month out in the bush, deer may be a tough go, in my entire time there I saw one 4pt and it came home with me and we were out sunrise to sunset everyday on foot a lot.

but the best part about hunting is “Anywhere, Anytime” for any animal.. you can’t have success if you aren’t out there !

True enough... was either sit at the cabin and drink beers and cleaning up the place after we winterize or go do some exploring.. I think I'll do the later

RugDoctor
09-28-2021, 07:17 AM
Be ready for a bear.

blacksn95
09-28-2021, 07:54 AM
Be ready for a bear.

That would be neat to bag a bear!! its been 4 years of looking and the ones I see have been tiny or a huge boar with cubs..

REMINGTON JIM
09-28-2021, 07:56 AM
Check with Wildcatter - he's LIVING there Now ! ;) RJ

CranePete
09-28-2021, 09:20 AM
Go for a drive over the mountain. North towards Big Tim, east towards Clearwater, south towards Deka.

wildcatter
09-28-2021, 06:49 PM
Check with Wildcatter - he's LIVING there Now ! ;) RJ

I'm pretty new here, this year is my first hunting season and still don't know much about the area.
Planning to go out in October and scout, hopefully find some good spots.

blacksn95
09-28-2021, 08:39 PM
Go for a drive over the mountain. North towards Big Tim, east towards Clearwater, south towards Deka.

Will do.. Prob rip around and go for a hike once I check the area out on google maps!

blacksn95
10-05-2021, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone!! Went for a drive to all the places mentioned.. ended up Near Big Tim area and got a Bear and a 4X3... Some nice country out that way!

dru88
10-05-2021, 03:42 PM
Congratulations on the successful hunt looks like it was worth the trip to "help buddy"

cameron0518
10-05-2021, 05:21 PM
Should be a good sausage party for the rest of the year now.

BrianS
10-05-2021, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone!! Went for a drive to all the places mentioned.. ended up Near Big Tim area and got a Bear and a 4X3... Some nice country out that way!
Right on congrats on the bear! I've got a cabin at Ruth lake half hour from Forest Grove.
I can't get up that way this year, but definitely next year!
Congrats again!

BrianS
10-05-2021, 05:44 PM
Oh, and the 4x3 ����

blacksn95
10-05-2021, 06:16 PM
Oh, and the 4x3 ����

Nice, My buddies place is on Hawkins Lake.. I dont have any pictures of the deer as my buddy took one or two after our big hike.. I spent today boiling the rack and pressure washed it.. Im trying to upload a picture of it but it doesnt seem to allow me on here..