PDA

View Full Version : wild t.v

chevy
11-10-2007, 01:38 PM
I called star choice today because that is the crappy sattelite that i have and asked them about wild t.v and she told me they dont have it and they were thinking about getting it maybe,,, and she was rude to me on the phone , then i asked her when they expected to get it and she said she wasnt sure and then she said to me that we would be lucky if we did get it,,, looks like i may be switching my sattelite service,,

boonerbuck
11-10-2007, 02:19 PM
I have Bell an Wild TV is killer.

I dropped Starchoice years ago because both their sat service and customer service were an insult. A couple of times they told me I hadn't paid my bill when in fact I did with bank receipt in hand. They told me to pay it again or they would disconnect me. Second time they did that I told them to go right ahead.

brotherjack
11-10-2007, 02:46 PM
That's funny. Jim (of askjim@starchoice.ca - supposedly the boss guy in charge of new programming) told me that they had a meeting with Wild TV about a year ago, and that it didn't go well, so they had decided definitely to NOT get WildTV. He's been promising me that they're going to get The Outdoor Channel for like a year now, but I have yet to see any action.

Oh well...

Sharkey
11-10-2007, 03:12 PM
I posted on the chat forum that WildTV is free right now on Bell ExpressVu until the 16th. It's retty cool...
~D

brotherjack
11-10-2007, 03:58 PM
I probably would have already switched to Bell just for WildTV, except I watched it for a weekend at the in-law's a while back. It was kind of cool to see some hunting shows, but WOW was that just a non-stop commercial for hunting gear. Could barely tell the show's from the commercials it was so thick. Kind of put me off a little, to be honest.

Though, in fairness - I'm talking about maybe 6 hours of programming I got to watch - hopefully/maybe it isn't all like that.

BCJunior
11-10-2007, 04:27 PM
I have shaw and I can only buy wild tv shows through video on demand :(

boonerbuck
11-11-2007, 02:59 AM
Commercialized programming...same as any TV but I find it 100% more interesting over anything on regular TV. Nice not watching Tide and tampon commercials on prime time.

I'm not a fan of TV usually.

hunter1947
11-11-2007, 06:33 AM
I would if they do nothing about it.:frown:.

Tanya
11-11-2007, 07:11 AM
That's funny. Jim (of askjim@starchoice.ca - supposedly the boss guy in charge of new programming) told me that they had a meeting with Wild TV about a year ago, and that it didn't go well, so they had decided definitely to NOT get WildTV. He's been promising me that they're going to get The Outdoor Channel for like a year now, but I have yet to see any action.

Oh well...

Yup, that's my cousin and he told me this summer that they are trying to work out a deal with the US Outdoor Channel. It is very expensive to get in comparison to WildTV. Personally having had both I prefer Wild as there are WAY less fishing and ATV shows (and gold panning -snore) Fishing and ATVing are fun but really don't make for great TV. I noticed in the fall line of up Wild that they have picked up a few different shows, some good, some well.....

brotherjack
11-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Commercialized programming...same as any TV

Then maybe the usual programming is less of a commercial than what I saw that weekend - what I saw was more like watching info-mercials on various hunting/fishing/outdoor gear. They'd cut from the sales pitch just long enough to show someone shoot something, and then right back to the sales pitch.

Don't get me wrong, it was still nice to see some hunting on TV, and I'd like to have the channel - but not nearly so much as I did back when I thought it was going to be non-stop hunting videos.

brotherjack
11-11-2007, 12:12 PM
Yup, that's my cousin and he told me this summer that they are trying to work out a deal with the US Outdoor Channel. It is very expensive to get in comparison to WildTV. Personally having had both I prefer Wild as there are WAY less fishing and ATV shows (and gold panning -snore) Fishing and ATVing are fun but really don't make for great TV. I noticed in the fall line of up Wild that they have picked up a few different shows, some good, some well.....

Heh - I hope you give him grief over the fact that OUTtv was apparently a high priority, and hunting TV of any kind sits on the back burner year in and year out....

Gateholio
11-11-2007, 12:26 PM
I've had starchoice for years, and I've always been impressed by thier service, however, I saw WildTV at a bddies place, and even though I'm not much of a TV guy, I'll switch the Bell to get WildTV.:neutral:

ruger#1
11-11-2007, 12:28 PM
go get an fta receiver and get all of the hunting channels.

Sharkey
11-11-2007, 01:25 PM

I second that motion....
~D

chola
11-11-2007, 05:54 PM
what is this critter,and where would you get one...

boonerbuck
11-11-2007, 10:38 PM
what is this critter,and where would you get one...

Coolsat 8100 will give you both Bell Expressview and Dishnet plus it is in HD with play back on a hard disk drive.

The new fixes can be obtained online downloaded onto a memory stick that plugs into the reciever......so I'm told.:redface::redface::razz:

curt
11-12-2007, 08:09 PM
shaw doesnt cover it either bull crap if you ask me