PDA

View Full Version : Location for next hunt

Agustin
09-14-2021, 04:11 PM
Hey folks!

I'm planning my next hunting trip for mid October. I have three tags: Mule deer, whitetail, and black bear. My priority is the mule deer tag, but I am happy with filling either. This is my first year hunting, so my expectation is not to fill any tags :D

I'd like some input on where to go next. The places I scouted over the summer didn't render much, so now I'm going to new places I haven't visited yet. After doing some e-scouting on areas within 8 hours of Vancouver, I narrowed it down to:

- Surrey Lake.
- Around Big Creek Provincial park.
- Just east of Osoyoos.

Which one of those would you recommend?

Thanks!

warnniklz
09-14-2021, 04:43 PM
Hey folks!

I'm planning my next hunting trip for mid October. I have three tags: Mule deer, whitetail, and black bear. My priority is the mule deer tag, but I am happy with filling either. This is my first year hunting, so my expectation is not to fill any tags :D

I'd like some input on where to go next. The places I scouted over the summer didn't render much, so now I'm going to new places I haven't visited yet. After doing some e-scouting on areas within 8 hours of Vancouver, I narrowed it down to:

- Surrey Lake.
- Around Big Creek Provincial park.
- Just east of Osoyoos.

Which one of those would you recommend?

Thanks!

I'm headed to Oliver September 26th, I've never hunted that area, so I'll share my findings... unless I find a honey hole

Agustin
09-14-2021, 04:47 PM
I'm headed to Oliver September 26th, I've never hunted that area, so I'll share my findings... unless I find a honey hole

Hah! Fair! Good luck on your hunt!

jac
09-14-2021, 05:06 PM
Be careful in 8-1 parts of it are closed due to the wildfires

walks with deer
09-15-2021, 06:51 AM
Go east of osoyos and shoot alot of grouse to get your feet wet and some tasty lunches.

xlcc
09-15-2021, 01:54 PM
"you're expectations are not to fill any tag"
That sounds pretty negative to me.Think positive,that will help a lot.
There are quite a few mulies around Keromeos,Tulameen.You could check out that area.
Look at google earth and find some logging blocks near alpine and go for a hike.
Good luck to you.