PDA

View Full Version : THIRTEEN DAYS - A Stone's Sheep Hunting Story

Grasp
09-06-2021, 01:14 PM
Well ladies and gentlemen it's time for another hunt film. I spent thirteen days in the Northern Rockies chasing Stone's Sheep with my friends Spencer and Tristan. We encountered almost everything that one can hope to encounter on a sheep hunt and I did my best to film it all. I hope you enjoy it and if you have any questions or comments please feel free to drop them below.

https://youtu.be/m06kwKqjAPU

Alpine Hunter
09-06-2021, 03:35 PM
Another great video. I always enjoy watching your hunts. Congratulations on a hard fought battle. In the future when you do connect on a ram, it’s gonna feel that much sweeter. Thanks for taking the time to make the film and share with us. Good luck on the rest of your season.

wildcatter
09-06-2021, 04:53 PM
Good video, I guess always the next time.
Really like the music, can you tell us about it?

nature girl
09-06-2021, 07:28 PM
Grasp another great video.. I am glad you had company on this trip of yours. Hope Tristan was ok.
It was nice seeing you and Spencer having a good time.
One thing I could not believe you could pack 13 days worth of food. Man just that amount of weight must of been heavy.

Grasp
09-06-2021, 08:34 PM
Appreciate the support as always everyone. As for music I use a site called epidemic sound that lets you buy royalty free music for YouTube. I normally use more electronic type stuff but wanted a more jazz, blues, guitar kinda vibe for this one as I thought it would go better with the theme of the trip. I used three songs. Rhythm of the River - J.F. Gloss for the intro and the first half of the film. West of the Soul - River Foxcroft for the second half of the film. I wanted the music to switch a bit once we found our final camping spot as the mood shifted a bit. And finally Behind the Line - Tigerblood Jewel for Spencer's hiking montage. I wanted a more energetic, epic track to really showcase what a savage he is.

Nature Girl - Yeah my full pack with food, water and camera gear weighed 89 lbs. I do not recommend that for anyone lol. If anyone is interested I did just put out a backcountry meal guide that can help you plan for trips like this.

https://www.mindfulhunter.com/tools

wildcatter
09-06-2021, 08:38 PM
Appreciate the support as always everyone. As for music I use a site called epidemic sound that lets you buy royalty free music for YouTube. I normally use more electronic type stuff but wanted a more jazz, blues, guitar kinda vibe for this one as I thought it would go better with the theme of the trip. I used three songs. Rhythm of the River - J.F. Gloss for the intro and the first half of the film. West of the Soul - River Foxcroft for the second half of the film. I wanted the music to switch a bit once we found our final camping spot as the mood shifted a bit. And finally Behind the Line - Tigerblood Jewel for Spencer's hiking montage. I wanted a more energetic, epic track to really showcase what a savage he is.

Nature Girl - Yeah my full pack with food, water and camera gear weighed 89 lbs. I do not recommend that for anyone lol. If anyone is interested I did just put out a backcountry meal guide that can help you plan for trips like this.

https://www.mindfulhunter.com/tools

Thanks for the info on the music.
Better luck next time, looking forward to it.
I wish I could go.

dru88
09-06-2021, 08:56 PM
Great Video and thanks for sharing. I also enjoy your podcast and other videos keep up the good(hard)work.

lakelander
09-07-2021, 09:52 AM
Awesome video. Great scenery and amazing stamina guys!

Imdone
09-07-2021, 10:00 AM
Great Share Grasp.

Your efforts should be applauded, it's only a matter of time till you tag a Ram.

BCHunterFSJ
09-07-2021, 11:16 AM
Really enjoyed your video. Brought back many memories of my own "failures"!
Don't give up...

Astepanuk
09-07-2021, 04:04 PM
Great video really enjoyed it absolute, gorgeous scenery.

Gonna Have to order the Peak Biscuits and Gravy.

northof49
09-07-2021, 04:53 PM
Good video…thanks for sharing

boxhitch
09-07-2021, 04:59 PM
good playbyplay
too bad those good trails weren't going in a favourable direction

Jrax
09-07-2021, 08:08 PM
Thanks again for the share and putting the effort in. Looking forward to the next one!

I have heard others mention biscuits and gravy, i had them in hand this year and choose others. damn

Grasp
09-08-2021, 07:58 AM
Yes, the biscuits and gravy will be a staple from here on out. I wouldn't want to eat them every day but having 2-3 in there for a treat every now and then is great.

westkootenaykiller
09-08-2021, 08:06 AM
great video! not sure where you got your info on that area for sheep but someone steered you in the wrong direction. you seem to have the right attitude towards sheep hunting. I would suggest do some more research on better areas.

DannyO
09-08-2021, 10:16 AM
Some Unreal footage man, Thanks for bringing me along!
Always enjoy the videos and I personally think the podcasts are just getting better and better each week, fair play to you sir.

boxhitch
09-08-2021, 10:30 AM
great video! not sure where you got your info on that area for sheep but someone steered you in the wrong direction. you seem to have the right attitude towards sheep hunting. I would suggest do some more research on better areas.but there was that butte......that high rocky ridge....... with that high cirque ...........

westkootenaykiller
09-08-2021, 01:28 PM
lol yup! first video I ever watched that an outfitter wouldn't hate. lol

RJHunter
09-10-2021, 01:29 PM
Great video, thanks for all the hard work you put into sharing your experiences. Had a good laugh at the biscuits and gravy, kids and I shared one this year and I thought it was awesome….kids thought it was disgusting and are now questioning your credibility lol ;)

Thunderstix
09-10-2021, 09:02 PM
Totally enjoyed that! Felt like I was on that trip!

TARCHER
09-11-2021, 08:08 AM
Great hunt right there. Thats what its all about. If it was easy and you killed game everytime out youd probably have quit long ago. Nice job on the video