PDA

View Full Version : Tetsa River Advice

smeegle
09-05-2021, 11:34 AM
My father and I are heading in to Tetsa River Outfitters later in September to chase some moose and elk around the hills. Having never done this sort of thing before I was hopeful any members on here could PM me any tips or advice on areas to target and essential equipment needed to be safe and successful up there.

Cheers,

Marc

dakoda62
09-07-2021, 02:20 AM
Good set of Bino's Ive done 3 trips with with Doug and Beth. I sent you a pm.

Jrax
09-07-2021, 07:00 AM
Best boots, pack and glass you can afford. Get your range days in and get confident with your gun beyond 200 if you can. Im guessing there will be suggestions from Doug and Beth on locations based on what hunters went where and thier knowledge of the area. There will probably be a mix of terrain but try and have a pair of pants and shirt you can wear that is less noisy for thicker brush. I use mostly wool like the first lite obsidian pant and merino blend top. Most areas i go up there it seems im stalking through buck brush, willow, rhodo etc. Read up on elk tactics for mid - late rut, herd bulls will have cows and hard to get at.

Water!! carry more than you think, always look for water sources - foothills of rockies and in the rockies can be difficult finding water even in a wet year unless following a creek. If you go high especially

Have a good plan for when animal is down, lots of good threads on here about hunting in griz country.

walks with deer
09-07-2021, 08:50 AM
Bring a good camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smeegle
09-07-2021, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the pm it hasn't showed up yet on my end so not sure if it went through. My email is mjubinvile@gmail.com if that is easier.

Thanks,

Marc

bcfirefly
09-07-2021, 11:15 AM
if you are going with the outfitters then they will set you up for success. Plan for the worst weather possible and hope for the best. I found most of the game was out of the actual drainage so plan to be mobile and get to where they are. The brush is higher than i had expected so as noted its noisy. 2nd bringing in a good camera, its amazing country!

dakoda62
09-07-2021, 11:38 AM
Sent you an email

steve-r
09-08-2021, 10:12 PM
Marc, I sent you an email.