PDA

View Full Version : Petition link: Stop the Coyote Cull in Stanley Park!

Redthies
09-04-2021, 06:53 PM
https://www.change.org/p/bc-conservation-officer-service-save-vancouver-s-coyotes?signed=true

In my roll as senior pot-stirrer, I link for your signing pleasure, the petition to STOP the planned coyote cull in Stanley Park.

Now before you give me the old “the only good ‘yote is a dead ‘yote” line (for the grillionth time), READ the petition. A big part of it is for the actual enforcement of the Wildlife Act and ticketing of those caught feeding the coyotes, and for the science based removal of the “problem” coyotes.

All right, let the flaming/arguments commence!

PrecariousPhoto
09-05-2021, 02:34 AM
I’ll sign anything that will enable more Vancouverites to get bit by wild animals.

digger dogger
09-05-2021, 06:09 AM
If they get rid of all the coyotes, the rat and mouse population will explode!
If idiots stopped feeding them, maybe they’d stop biting people.
KEEP THE COYOTES!!!

Weird, it’s kill coyotes, but save the grizzlies.
Smart ass city folks, I guess.

moosinaround
09-05-2021, 06:44 AM
Anyone see the video circulating of the black bear eating someones cat in their yard? Thought it was a pretty good example of survival of the fittest!! Moosin

tigrr
09-05-2021, 07:23 AM
I liked the one where a save the coyote girl said "so what" if they threaten kids, let them have a couple.

Redthies
09-05-2021, 08:16 AM
I’m happy to see I’m not entirely alone in enjoying the conundrum of wanting to see coyotes left alone. It’s like our version of Buffalo messing up tourists in Yellowstone when they try to take selfies with wild animals. I think the more people are forced to confront their own stupidity, the better.

mooze
09-05-2021, 10:08 AM
I think coyotes are indigenous wildlife and they need to cede Stanley Park to them. Future entry fee is one life rat... or a poodle.
Next step rehabilitate the grizzly population in Stanley Park......

MBHunter
09-05-2021, 05:43 PM
You sir made my night. I just signed. Heard a pack of wolves (6-8) last night in the EK. Nobody seems too worried about them. I don't see why someone should worry about some domesticated city coyotes.

Let the science do the management.

dino
09-05-2021, 05:53 PM
Im in the park right now. I was glancing over to watch some yoga ladies and realized after a few seconds that they were all guys.lol. they still have the man bun hair and wear mc hammer pants. If they want something to cull i have a good suggestion.

ghost
09-05-2021, 08:31 PM
Hey give them a break they were doing kegel exercises that their boyfriends requested

Evanguy
09-05-2021, 10:42 PM
I’ll sign anything that will enable more Vancouverites to get bit by wild animals.

This was a good laugh. Im with ya there!

Redthies
09-05-2021, 11:04 PM
Ahhhh... I’m basking in the glow of yoga/kegel/man-bun people being eaten by coyotes! Well, that and I just finished watching One Upon a Time in Hollywood, and man, do those hippies get eaten by that dog! Tarantino is a twisted phuc!

Shermanator
09-06-2021, 07:13 AM
I'm unaware that it's the intent of CO's to decimate the population or just thin it out?? I'm all for the thinning out
scenario, it's obvious they have no predators, including man, in the park and they should be controlled.
Yes, people are stupid but you can't fix that according to Forest Gump! This is "similar " to problem with geese in
Vernon, the minority bleeding hearts don't want a cull of them, even though the numbers dictate otherwise. I
am all for the man-bun cull though!!!������

Ride Red
09-06-2021, 07:20 AM
I’d like to see the coyotes left alone as well. They’re keeping the rodent population in check and if they eat a few stupid people; well, we’re that much further ahead by leaving them alone.

pnbrock
09-06-2021, 08:59 AM
Well I for one signed the petition due to the fact that when predators don’t fit in with city folk lifestyle it’s ok to kill them. Let them have a taste of what the northern folks deal with let’s get the balance back to park with elk ,wolves and grizzlies.

Redthies
09-06-2021, 09:07 AM
Ridered you nailed the one point that my wife made. She grew up a few blocks from Stanley and misspent her youth there. The explosion of rodents (read “rats”) that will occur if they remove a bunch of coyotes will be incredible.

People seem to forget that coyotes are VERY adaptable, and breeding and litter size increase in direct proportion to threat to the pack. If they kill 50% of the pack, the remainder will breed like rabbits (who will also breed like rabbits if 1/2 the ‘yotes are gone) and the gain will be zero in a year or three.

LBM
09-06-2021, 10:21 AM
Ridered you nailed the one point that my wife made. She grew up a few blocks from Stanley and misspent her youth there. The explosion of rodents (read “rats”) that will occur if they remove a bunch of coyotes will be incredible.

People seem to forget that coyotes are VERY adaptable, and breeding and litter size increase in direct proportion to threat to the pack. If they kill 50% of the pack, the remainder will breed like rabbits (who will also breed like rabbits if 1/2 the ‘yotes are gone) and the gain will be zero in a year or three.

Some say the same about wolves.

Dannybuoy
09-06-2021, 11:55 AM
Some say the same about wolves.
Unless they actually know something about wolves

the hopper
09-06-2021, 03:25 PM
Yes indeed there are reasons why wolves were able to be eradicated in the USA, while coyotes try as they might kept a perfectly healthy population going despite American’s best efforts.

.330 Dakota
09-06-2021, 07:20 PM
i’ll sign anything that will enable more vancouverites to get bit by wild animals.

you win he webbernet for today--lmffao