PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please !

bogeyb00
08-28-2021, 06:15 PM
Hi All

Looking to take an re-activated hunter...my pops, on a hunt this year. He's 80 and not particulary mobile so anywhere we could drive and have minimal walking would be ideal. I know this will minimize our chance but hey...he really just wants ti be back on the hunt a few more times .

Location- anywhere in BC!
Hunt: open to all suggestions, deer, moose etc...

Thanks in advance..your guidance is appreciated!

IslandWanderer
08-28-2021, 06:17 PM
QC deer and Island b bear are both great for road hunting. Very high success rate for both.

cameron0518
08-28-2021, 06:33 PM
Mobility issues and wanting to hunt for moose? They are a huge amount of work. Don't underestimate the amount of physical work that accompanies getting one. Shooting one is the "easy" part. Possible but not recommended IMHO. Stick with deer is what I would suggest. No shortage of areas that have easy walking access. Pick a road and start walking. Best of luck.

westcoaster
08-28-2021, 07:12 PM
Dear Old Dad Shot the biggest moose we ever harvested in our hunting area when he was 83

My brother and I were there to clean up after him, but getting the thing on the ground was all him....

Enjoy it while you can... There aren't many left.

Sadly, that was Dad's last hunt. The cancer got him a couple years later....

bogeyb00
08-28-2021, 08:17 PM
Dear Old Dad Shot the biggest moose we ever harvested in our hunting area when he was 83

My brother and I were there to clean up after him, but getting the thing on the ground was all him....

Enjoy it while you can... There aren't many left.

Sadly, that was Dad's last hunt. The cancer got him a couple years later....

Thanks all...keep it coming :) Me and my bro will be there as two legged mules for the heavy work :) Glad to hear you got it that hunt with your dad Westcoaster...what I am hoping for as well...

Gun Dog
08-28-2021, 09:02 PM
You might want to consider a disabled hunting permit.
From the synopsis:
Hunters with permanent physical disabilities
who are unable, because of their disability, to exit
a vehicle to discharge a firearm, or are unable
to walk 100m while carrying a firearm, may
apply for a disabled hunting permit. Information
and the permit application process are available
through the FrontCounterBC website at www.
frontcounterbc.gov.bc.ca

westcoaster
09-01-2021, 08:10 PM
Thanks all...keep it coming :) Me and my bro will be there as two legged mules for the heavy work :) Glad to hear you got it that hunt with your dad Westcoaster...what I am hoping for as well...

It was the first day of the season, Brother and I were out of the gate before daylight racing up the road along with a dozen other trucks to get to just the right spot.

Dear Old Dad had been slowing down and was late leaving camp. He saw what way all the traffic had gone, so him and my mother took the other road...

9:30am the radio crackled to life with my mother asking if we were there and to come help as he had dropped one right on the road.... (Spine shot)