PDA

View Full Version : Met Jim Shockey Today!

sjhawes
08-24-2021, 06:25 PM
(1st Post btw)
On the Island for my honeymoon, stopped in Duncan to take a look at Hand of Man Museum. Heard his voice in the hallway but thought it was part of the recorded tour devices, nope. Came around the corner and there he was. Stopped and chatted with us for a short while. Was very friendly and welcoming. Saw him later on saying hi to other visitors. Would recommend stopping in if you're in Duncan. Museum, art and artifacts were cool enough on they're own but meeting him was awesome! Would go back and recommend to anyone!

IslandWanderer
08-24-2021, 07:57 PM
I've heard that museum is excellent. Hoping to see it myself. I've also heard he's a nice fellow and is great to chat with.

358mag
08-24-2021, 08:06 PM
Meet Jim a few times great straight shooter . No Guff type of dude .

chinooker
08-24-2021, 08:19 PM
I was there a week before last, was awesome!! Jim was there then too. The man has lived an amazing life and now he is sharing it through the mueseum

Ohwildwon
08-24-2021, 09:23 PM
Yep, on the list for sure!

Astepanuk
08-25-2021, 07:34 AM
I stopped in a couple weeks ago while visiting the island unfortunately he was not around the day we visited. But for anyone visiting the area absolutely recommend going to check it out I brought 7 non hunters and they loved every minute of the experience.

twoSevenO
08-25-2021, 08:51 AM
does he live on the island? I thought he lived in the states nowdays.
Seems to visit the island quite often, at least.

deadlyshot22
08-25-2021, 09:54 AM
does he live on the island? I thought he lived in the states nowdays.
Seems to visit the island quite often, at least.

He has always lived on the island. Eva moved to the states.

Getbent
08-28-2021, 04:35 AM
The museum is very cool. Actually requires a couple of trips as there is just too much for one day.
he was there when we went as well. Super chill and relaxed.
if you get the chance, go for sure

Downtown
08-28-2021, 08:40 AM
Went with Wife this Summer to his Museum Lots of Stuff and interesting, however I was a bit disappointed on the size and spread of Moose Antlers on display I know his Company Outfitted/Guided in the Yukon as well and I would have thought to see some real Monster Antlers but not so.
I Outfitted and Guided along the Yukon/NWT myself at places where a 55" spread was considered basic, 70" and better possible.
The same goes for Black Bear on Display, I expected "Island Monsters" however those Bears on Display are not really any bigger then what we see in the Interior of BC. Perhaps Jim keeps a few examples of the really good stuff in his own private Trophy Room ?

Cheers