PDA

View Full Version : Petition link... Remove Coyotes from stanley park

bcshadow
08-21-2021, 08:11 PM
After approximately 40 attacks this year, including children and the elderly a petition has been started to remove all Coyotes from the park.

Please click on the link to sign the petition if you want to.

http://chng.it/PRcPVc8ttq

BimmerBob
08-21-2021, 08:40 PM
I want them to bring back the grizzly bears to the park as well, lets see how all these granola crunchers feel when they have them in their back yard.

Ride Red
08-21-2021, 08:49 PM
I want them to bring back the grizzly bears to the park as well, lets see how all these granola crunchers feel when they have them in their back yard.

Don’t forget a herd of elk too. Love to walk the sea wall and have a big bull screaming in the park.

Redthies
08-21-2021, 08:56 PM

Mashing the “like” button!

jac
08-21-2021, 09:14 PM
Not much of a park if you get rid of the wildlife!!

wildcatter
08-21-2021, 09:49 PM
Don’t forget a herd of elk too. Love to walk the sea wall and have a big bull screaming in the park.

That would be a sight and sound to behold!

wos
08-21-2021, 10:32 PM
They should transplant a pack of wolves to the park compete with the coyotes and that way nature could run its course.

twoSevenO
08-21-2021, 10:46 PM
don't ever go there. don't care for the dogs running around.

Gateholio
08-22-2021, 08:16 AM
I think it's fine that townies experience wildlife.

Harvest the Land
08-22-2021, 08:30 AM
Not much of a park if you get rid of the wildlife!!

You really think that eradicating these varmint coyotes is akin to getting rid of all the wildlife, and that after they're gone it won't be much of a park?

You know these coyotes are becoming a threat to public safety right? And with all the garbage they eat they're toxic AF and it could have something to do with why they're actong so strangely (and they obciously have lost all fear of humans)

Coyotes never even inhabited the park until the 1980's so all the whackjob fur bearer lovers can't even use the delusional "but they were here first" BS argument.

Is there any point where people like you will agree that human public safety trumps the life of toxic aggressive coyotes? They dont even belong in the park ffs

Signed the petition. Thanks for sharing

HikerHunter
08-22-2021, 09:49 AM
most of the time if an animal has no fear of humans theres something wrong with it, rabies for example.

Surrey Boy
08-22-2021, 11:42 AM
A dingo to eat a baby!

Norwestalta
08-22-2021, 01:57 PM
Every tent city needs it's own herd of grizzly bears, coyotes, wolf's and wolverine.

HappyJack
08-22-2021, 05:42 PM
They should just re-introduce a pair of breeding wolves into the park, they'll take care of the coyote problem and fix the entire environment just like they did in Yellowstone.

KodiakHntr
08-22-2021, 05:53 PM
You know these coyotes are becoming a threat to public safety right? And with all the garbage they eat they're toxic AF and it could have something to do with why they're actong so strangely (and they obciously have lost all fear of humans)

Oh, you mean like grizzlies where a lot of us live now that they aren’t hunted?

I don’t think I’ll sign.

HappyJack
08-22-2021, 06:06 PM
Oh, you mean like grizzlies where a lot of us live now that they aren’t hunted?

I don’t think I’ll sign.

I'm with you let them wallow in it....just little dogs anyways.

Redthies
08-22-2021, 10:26 PM
Maybe Turdeau will show up to campaign and be eaten by ‘yotes? They DO eat garbage after all...

dracb
08-23-2021, 09:48 PM
You really think that eradicating these varmint coyotes is akin to getting rid of all the wildlife, and that after they're gone it won't be much of a park?

Coyotes never even inhabited the park until the 1980's so all the whackjob fur bearer lovers can't even use the delusional "but they were here first" BS argument.

Is there any point where people like you will agree that human public safety trumps the life of toxic aggressive coyotes? They dont even belong in the park ffs

Signed the petition. Thanks for sharing

You are correct the coyotes migrated into the lower mainland after the European migration .Actually I think you will find the first coyote was reported in Vancouver in the 1890's. But, I do not remember seeing any here in the early 1970's

REMINGTON JIM
08-23-2021, 10:53 PM
Maybe Bring into some BISON too ! :razz: RJ

Ride Red
08-24-2021, 04:24 AM
The park was overrun by black squirrels, but probably no so anymore. And I think it’s a lesson for city people to realize what wild animals can really be like.

Iron Glove
08-24-2021, 07:18 AM
You are correct the coyotes migrated into the lower mainland after the European migration .Actually I think you will find the first coyote was reported in Vancouver in the 1890's. But, I do not remember seeing any here in the early 1970's

Coyotes have been in Vancouver for as long as I've lived there and that's from 1950 on to recent years.
Rarely seen as there were lots of wooded areas in the City, those areas have decreased dramatically over the decades.
We lost a cat to a coyote on the front porch of our East Van house in the 70's and regularly saw them walking down the middle of the Street in the '80's.
Warning signs were up regularly at New Brighton Park when we would walk our dogs there.
Wild life, including coyotes have lost a huge amount of habitat in Vancouver over the decades.
Not a big fan of coyotes in the City but the blame finger should be pointed at the idiots that feed them in the Parks.

J_T
08-24-2021, 07:49 AM
This is not a position to sign in my opinion. The hunting community and conservationists have predicted this would happen for years. It's happening. Let those in the lower mainland learn to live with wildlife. That's what they are always telling the rest of the province to do.

Redthies
08-24-2021, 08:16 AM
I’m still at a loss to figure out why anyone would post the link to this petition in the first place. None of us should sign it. The more libtard babies that get bitten, the better (:mrgreen:) so they will realize that not all wildlife should be snuggled!

adriaticum
08-24-2021, 08:34 AM
Naw, let coyotes eat some granola.

Bugle M In
08-24-2021, 12:39 PM
I agree that public safety comes first.
BUT, how do we educate people that these fuzzy little creatures they see are "over populating" areas all over BC and can
wreak havoc on deer populations etc like they do in the States.
HOW do we educate folks on "predator control", if we don't let them "experience" what these creatures are capable of???

I wont be signing, and i am not trying to throw it back into the OP's face.
OP has a right to opinion.
I just want to voice my thoughts and why i think we shouldn't.
Time for the public to see what wildlife is capable of, and why hunting "should be" accepted by all.

Rob Chipman
08-25-2021, 02:31 PM
When I was a kid in the early '70s in North Van we saw enough coyotes that we'd go out early in the morning to try to spot them, and we took plaster casts of their prints.

No need to sign a petition to get rid of them. J_T and others are right. It won't hurt for urban people to learn what wild animals are about. Plus, Vancouver and the province have many more pressing problems.

What about the woman found dead in the blueberry field in Pitt Meadows? Any conclusive news on that or is that story going down the memory hole? It's rare that IHIT calls in the COs on a case.... :-)

RDJ
08-25-2021, 05:04 PM
Quick suggestion... Canadianise your petition template. Using an American template sends a tainted message.

Bugle M In
08-25-2021, 05:19 PM
This is not a position to sign in my opinion. The hunting community and conservationists have predicted this would happen for years. It's happening. Let those in the lower mainland learn to live with wildlife. That's what they are always telling the rest of the province to do.
Wish i could say things as well as you do.
It takes you 2 sentences.
Takes me a paragraph at the very least:mrgreen:

fishhunt
08-30-2021, 10:34 PM
How about if you're running in the park between dusk and dawn, carry pepper spray and spray a cayotes if it tries to bite you. Isn't that what the spray is for? Anyone thought of that?

Rob Chipman
08-31-2021, 01:57 PM
How about if you're running in the park between dusk and dawn, carry pepper spray and spray a cayotes if it tries to bite you. Isn't that what the spray is for? Anyone thought of that?

Pistol grip 410. Just saying' :-)

lazerloop
09-02-2021, 07:01 PM
Why stop it? It's just getting good!