PDA

View Full Version : Bc Yukon Air is cancelling flights

Brew
08-18-2021, 10:08 AM
Just heard that BC Yukon cancelled our flights that were booked two months ago. My buddy’s trip just got cancelled as well. Seems they took over alpines business and are cancelling everyone else’s

there’s going to be some pretty pissed off people. Took our deposit and let us pick our dates and now said overbooked

Imdone
08-18-2021, 10:10 AM
But my date with Sheep awaits......

Shite!

digger dogger
08-18-2021, 10:32 AM
I got the shitty call too, we're working on a different plan rt now.
Yes it is Coldfish only.
Makes a guy wonder!?!

Darksith
08-18-2021, 10:50 AM
what dates were you guys flying if you don't mind me asking?

Downtown
08-18-2021, 10:51 AM
Just heard that BC Yukon cancelled our flights that were booked two months ago. My buddy’s trip just got cancelled as well. Seems they took over alpines business and are cancelling everyone else’s

there’s going to be some pretty pissed off people. Took our deposit and let us pick our dates and now said overbooked

Just got off the Phone with Alex - Dispatcher at BC Yukon Air, he says they just cancelled the Flight into Coldfish Lake any other Trips they still do.

Best for People which Booked with them to confirm themselves before they get into a Panic.

Cheers

evan83
08-18-2021, 10:59 AM
Got a flight booked north of Dease in a couple weeks. Haven't heard anything yet

Darksith
08-18-2021, 10:59 AM
Just got off the Phone with Alex - Dispatcher at BC Yukon Air, he says they just cancelled the Flight into Coldfish Lake any other Trips they still do.

Best for People which Booked with them to confirm themselves before they get into a Panic.

Cheers
ya it doesn't make a lot of sense...you wouldn't bump a resident for a resident that booked with another airline. It could be bumping a resident bc a guide is going into a lake, or bc they lost a plane or something, or they are giving preferance to the guides that were using alpine air. Im not overly worried at this point.

Can peeps above confirm if it was just into coldfish or ?

monasheemountainman
08-18-2021, 11:19 AM
literally just got off the phone with alex up there. confirmed just coldfish. and he has someone who will be picking up some of the over booked flights.

Brew
08-18-2021, 11:24 AM
We were booked sept16-23. I’m only hearing second hand from my partner. I’m stuck in a camp so not getting a lot of info

264mag
08-18-2021, 11:30 AM
Its only flights to Coldfish that are impacted. Contact Copan Air for help getting to Coldfish.

sako79
08-18-2021, 11:57 AM
Wow dodged a bullet with still good to go

Everett
08-18-2021, 12:22 PM
Wonder if this anything to do with the 7000 hectare fire that burning less then 16km just down the valley from Cold Fish Lake?

Ridgehunter604
08-18-2021, 06:49 PM
Just got the same call. Told they’re too busy so canceling flights.
absolutely atrocious business practices!
flights booked and deposits paid months ago and a week before, they’re suddenly too busy.
Total BS

Darksith
08-18-2021, 07:37 PM
Just got the same call. Told they’re too busy so canceling flights.
absolutely atrocious business practices!
flights booked and deposits paid months ago and a week before, they’re suddenly too busy.
Total BS

Coldfish lake?