PDA

View Full Version : Fire Threats

Hunterguy
08-15-2021, 08:18 AM
Was just wondering how many people actually think there will be wide restrictions for a hunting season this year? I can see a lot of closures to be announced as the months go on.

Weatherby Fan
08-15-2021, 08:22 AM
You can be certain there will be aside from what’s already in place.

westcoaster
08-15-2021, 08:55 AM
Well, if they were ever looking for an excuse to shut things down long term, this would be it....

GEF
08-15-2021, 09:07 AM
Everything north of highway 3 from manning park to Princeton is restricted access til Oct 15 right now.That means Sunday summitt, Friday mountain Whipsaw, Deep creek and so on.

Arctic Lake
08-15-2021, 09:36 AM
If it benefits nature so be it ! Hopefully the people that make these decisions know what’s right !
Arctic Lake

andrew5
08-15-2021, 10:08 AM
Where is the best place to follow posted restrictions? How does this work? Just no fsr access? What about residences with FSR access? New to this so all info helps.

jac
08-15-2021, 10:37 AM
A bunch of 8-1 and 8-9 is closed already

GEF
08-15-2021, 11:08 AM
http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/ftp/!Project/WildfireNews/882021~112135_21%20K62088%20MAP%20AreaRestriction% 20Public%208.5x11P%2020210808.pdf

huntingfamily
08-15-2021, 11:13 AM
Where is the best place to follow posted restrictions? How does this work? Just no fsr access? What about residences with FSR access? New to this so all info helps.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/camping-hiking/sites-trails/legislative-authority/recreation-orders

Bugle M In
08-15-2021, 12:57 PM
Probably a lot more ATV/ORV Bans i would think in the future, or added on to MU's that already had them.
Long term they cant shut down hunting.
Worst thing they can do is restrict so many areas that they funnel us all into the same areas, which then impact that area badly.

Better to just go with it, leave it alone and let people figure out where to hunt.
Wildlife will move around anyways trying to figure it all out as well.
Just keep folks from "making their own roads", imo.

Bubbacanuck
08-15-2021, 01:26 PM
Pretty big province so luckily we can just pick an area not affected by fires. My fav is just getting into areas with no roads. Keeps 90% of the people (hunters) out

Bugle M In
08-15-2021, 02:04 PM
Thing is, most of these areas wont be holding that much game.
Pockets inside them might hold a few.
Its the perimeters early on that do.

The only long term issue i see and have seen (other than removing atv/orv which i do understand, imo), is come snowfall,
a few after the fire, the game is much more "spotable" compared to the same terrain pre-fire.
So yes (and i going to get kicked here by some on hbc), those with big spotting scopes AND Big Optics on their rifles will take
more pokes at game them before.
Last season i could spot game many km's away with the naked eye that would be near impossible with optics before a fire.
That to me is the "one big" difference as to the way "some will hunt these areas".

I just think you take away all the senses of the game, from sound and smell to hearing and eyesight.
That's where i feel the game is at a disadvantage after i fire, imo.
In which case, you only have 2 options.
Keep areas open and accept some hunt that way.
OR, the ministry looks at that and shuts it down to "no hunting".