PDA

View Full Version : Moose Draw 7-17

Stranger In The Woods
08-12-2021, 01:52 PM
Got the shared draw, never hunted moose and never been to the area. We got some areas in mind and will do some more research, any info would be helpfull as in area for setting up camp, predators, road conditionts etc. Not looking for someones honey holes, just some more info to help us get close to success. Thanks

StuBrown
08-13-2021, 08:31 AM
Pass Lake is where I would recommend to go.

Machinist
08-13-2021, 11:35 AM
Agree Pas lake is the best spot to camp in there but its a small site other than that there is a gravel pit close to where the bridge goes over the Mcgregor river, there is also a site at the bridge but i find it quite wet and muddy at that campsite , one other site on the Sandy FSR , there is a creek that runs trough that site and again its quite damp in there
Take the road in off HWY 16 east from Prince George to Upper Frazer its paved all the way in , go over the one lane bridge over the Frazer and you will be in 7-17 on the Pass Lk FSR , good luck finding a Mcgregor moose .

Stranger In The Woods
08-13-2021, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the info...

Stranger In The Woods
08-13-2021, 02:44 PM
Thanks a lot

HappyJack
08-15-2021, 10:55 AM
Agree Pas lake is the best spot to camp in there but its a small site other than that there is a gravel pit close to where the bridge goes over the Mcgregor river, there is also a site at the bridge but i find it quite wet and muddy at that campsite , one other site on the Sandy FSR , there is a creek that runs trough that site and again its quite damp in there
Take the road in off HWY 16 east from Prince George to Upper Frazer its paved all the way in , go over the one lane bridge over the Frazer and you will be in 7-17 on the Pass Lk FSR , good luck finding a Mcgregor moose .

We saw quite a few moose in the cuts on the way to Pass lake, sometimes you'll have more luck if you don't head back so far like most people do.

heybert
08-16-2021, 10:21 PM
Walker Creek FSR. There is a gravel pit on the left after crossing the bridge over the Fraser for camping spot. There’s also a few spots along the way. POB is where I got my first moose many years ago. An immature bull.

DesiMunda
08-17-2021, 07:09 PM
Congratulations on your moose draw and good luck with your hunt. I too got my first LEH shared moose draw this year and have been reading all the rules and regulations. I just got back from scouting the area (zone 5) and got wealth of information from the locals and getting familiar with the area was priceless.

Since this is my first LEH draw, I am unclear on one thing……I’ve referred to the synopsis, the LEH synopsis and online; however, not satisfied with clarity of the info.

Yes, I can hunt a bull moose, yes I know the LEH zone and the date. But what are the requirements on the Bull??

- Moose - Spike-fork Bull ?
- Moose - 10 Point Bull ?
- Moose - Tripalm Bull ?

Can I shoot any bull moose or do I need to refer to the the above item?

I would really appreciate some info or direction as to where I can find the requirements?

Thank you,

Mak

Machinist
08-17-2021, 08:03 PM
LEH moose tags are for ANY BULL and it should show that on the TAG and if you go on your Hunting account and look at your draw tag it will specify ANY BULL so that means if it has antlers of any sort its legal for you , UNLESS you applied for a Cow/Calf tag then it would have to be anterless , if you are still unsure call the Help line the number will be on your hunting account , good luck

Congratulations on your moose draw and good luck with your hunt. I too got my first LEH shared moose draw this year and have been reading all the rules and regulations. I just got back from scouting the area (zone 5) and got wealth of information from the locals and getting familiar with the area was priceless.

Since this is my first LEH draw, I am unclear on one thing……I’ve referred to the synopsis, the LEH synopsis and online; however, not satisfied with clarity of the info.

Yes, I can hunt a bull moose, yes I know the LEH zone and the date. But what are the requirements on the Bull??

- Moose - Spike-fork Bull ?
- Moose - 10 Point Bull ?
- Moose - Tripalm Bull ?

Can I shoot any bull moose or do I need to refer to the the above item?

I would really appreciate some info or direction as to where I can find the requirements?

Thank you,

Mak

DesiMunda
08-17-2021, 08:22 PM
Thank you, just re-read the LEH authorization and no mention of the word “Any Bull”. It mentions “Moose Bull Only”.. I’ll give the help line a call…

Have a good evening..

Stranger In The Woods
08-19-2021, 02:03 AM
Thanks ya all who gave input

Machinist
09-10-2021, 08:54 PM
Was in 7-17 today for opening day , lots of sign but no moose , one grouse . Lots of logging trucks on the first part of the Pass lake road but they turn off on the Cargill road from there the Pass Lake road is good all the way into the Mcgregor river bridge , Forget about camping at the two gravel pits close to the Mcgregor there is two construction camps in there lots of machinery and bridge decks they are putting more bridges and roads in the Severide FSR , no one was camped at Pass Lake or at the FSR Camp at the Mcgregor, there is one big hunting camp at KM 16