PDA

View Full Version : Two bull elk Pritchard

ghost
08-07-2021, 03:44 PM
There were two spike bulls today besides the highway in a farmers field. Never seen elk in this area before. Could be the tires pushing them north.

lovemywinchester
08-07-2021, 04:17 PM
Possibly got them moving but there are always a few around here.

B-rad
08-07-2021, 04:35 PM
always been few elk as long as i can remember from pinitan----pritchard----chase,,,,,,just numbers arent many,,so not seen that often,,,ive got all kinds elk on my trail cams over the years

swampthing
08-07-2021, 05:38 PM
They have been up falkland way for 20 years so yes probably displaced by fire?

Bugle M In
08-08-2021, 12:22 AM
They have been up falkland way for 20 years so yes probably displaced by fire?
Yup, they probably just got pushed out due to the White Rock Fire.
There will probably be some damn good habitat for them to flourish in for years to come now!
I say that though, with the condolences that some folks have lost their homes however.
I love seeing great habitat being created, but never at a home owners expense.
Prescibed burning and a lot of it would/should have been the right way.

J-F
08-08-2021, 01:26 AM
Scouting for deer this last spring, I walked into an area filles with elk rubs, of different years, right next to farm fields. They have been around for some time.

Redthies
08-08-2021, 10:23 PM
Prescibed burning and a lot of it would/should have been the right way.

They have no budget for prescribed burns, but tons of money to fight fires when they start... WTF?

pg83
08-09-2021, 02:30 PM
They have no budget for prescribed burns, but tons of money to fight fires when they start... WTF?

Just Gov't being Gov't. Stuck in their ways, catering to the old boys and afraid of change, it's no different than the medical system.

Love seeing the push from various FN for prescription fires, it's through them that we have the only real chance of seeing a change to our archaic systems.

There is a great podcast from WSSBC's Talk is Sheep with John Davies(RPF) talking about the matter, for anyone interested.
https://www.wildsheepsociety.com/ep-36-playing-with-fire-with-john-davies-rpf/