PDA

View Full Version : DIY dehydrated meals. What do you make?

KBC
08-07-2021, 10:01 AM
I've been getting the dehydrator going lately to get food ready for the upcoming season, how about you? Any good recipes to share?

I usually dehydrate the frozen veggies from Costco along with ground meat or the canned Costco chicken and mix them together. I add a bullion cube, spices and some olive oil when I rehydrate them. Sometimes I dehydrate pasta sauce and add dehydrated zucchini noodles.

Anyone know where to get some powdered sour cream? A good source for the individual sauce/seasoning packets other than fast food places? I suppose I could make my own but that would be time consuming.

My equipment is an Excalibur 9 try dehydrator with timer and a decent vacuum sealer. This year I'm going to use the re-sealable vacuum seal bags from Cabela's so I can seal them up when re-hydrating. Usually I put the dehydrated food in a cheap sandwich bag then I wrap it with a paper towel so it doesn't puncture the outer bag and then I vacuum seal it. Seems to work great and you have a napkin at every meal.

I'd like to add some more recipes to the mix so what do you do? If only I could find a way to dehydrate beer or Scotch...

Arctic Lake
08-07-2021, 10:05 AM
My other half has a couple of books will ask her what they are . Also she mentioned checking out Facebook Groups on Dehydrating .
Arctic Lake