PDA

View Full Version : FSR's closed to wildfires

Golddust
08-05-2021, 02:10 PM
Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone knows if there is a map available which shows any FSR closures due to wildfire/other that is accessible online? Trying to plan out an archery hunt in September in an area that is nearish to a wildfire. If it will be closed we'll pull the plug and go elsewhere... but it would suck to drive out all that way to get turned around by a road closure come Sept. 1

Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers,
Tony

Ron.C
08-05-2021, 03:33 PM
best bet is to go off this govt website by region and look at the attached bulletins listing areas restrictions. The area restriction maps show FSR's in the affected areas

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/wildfire-status/wildfire-situation

Bugle M In
08-05-2021, 05:54 PM
yup, go to the dashboard, bring up map, then look at top right of map and find the "layers" panel.
then click the "BC Wildfire Restricted Area".
You will see borders with crosslines in it.
I suspect those would be areas and the roads within in them that are "off limits" or at least off limits with out good reason.
Maybe someone else can confirm better on here.
Just with what i would go with for now.

Sitkaspruce
08-05-2021, 08:45 PM
To be honest, with what is going on, there will not be much access any where near the active fires that are burning now. Some will probably still be burning. Lots of work ever after the fire is out, so restrictions will probably still be in place.

Best bet is to wait until things sort themselves out.

Cheers

SS

Golddust
08-17-2021, 12:03 PM
Still looks like I'll be able to get into my spot. But we'll see. Its terrible to see how rampant the fires are at the moment. Fingers crossed for some rain