PDA

View Full Version : ** Hunting Question **

ICNDI
11-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Ok I just got my hunting license and firearms license. Am I allowed to go hunt grouse in region 2 and just stay within the bag limits or do i need to get a species license???

chevy
11-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Git"er"Done read the regulations it should tell you there i dont hunt grouse but i think you might be able to go hunt them im not sure really,, and i dont know if you need to just have a licence or not sorry

Mr. Dean
11-07-2007, 05:42 PM
If you have a hunting license, you're good to go.

But don't take my word on it... Look it up.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wild/synopsis.htm

HighCountry
11-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Why hunting grouse,Deer season still open.

Phil
11-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Just shoot em with a valid hunting licence. No species tag required. If you want a good way to get the breast out PM me.

ICNDI
11-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Why hunting grouse,Deer season still open.

Well it is my first time out so I want to start off small I guess and next year get myself a deer. I am just confused about the species license even though i have the synopsis.

Can someone clarify for me when you need a species license (tag) and when i can just go out and hunting an animal, say grouse or deer, just staying within the bag limits. Thanks

Mr. Dean
11-08-2007, 04:37 PM
... Big part of the CORE was/is to educate the students on how to use the symnopsis. I'd like to kick your instructor up the middle...

I don't have the regs in front of me, but am in the process of downloading them from the net. I'll help ya through this one I git'er done.

Bare w/ me.

The Dawg
11-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Theres no species license required for hunting grouse in Reg 2

brian
11-08-2007, 05:07 PM
In parts of 2-4 and 2-8 (in the Fraser valley) you would also need a Fraser Valley special Hunting permit. You can get it for 10$ at any gun shop. It requires you have liability insurance before you can get this license. If in doubt check the regulations. The species licenses you need are all on page 10.

Mr. Dean
11-08-2007, 05:47 PM
Well it is my first time out so I want to start off small I guess and next year get myself a deer. I am just confused about the species license even though i have the synopsis.

Can someone clarify for me when you need a species license (tag) and when i can just go out and hunting an animal, say grouse or deer, just staying within the bag limits. Thanks

- You ALWAYS need to stay within the bag limits. Tag or no tag.
- A tag (Species License) is required only for certain animals.

If you look at pg 1 (Table of Contents), then look up the Before You Hunt section, you'll see a sub section on License Fee's. The synopsis then directs us to pg 10.

On pg 10 we then see a portion of that page, dedicated to this. The 1st paragraph under the heading states that Species Licences are required for the following animals listed. The price of the tags are also there.

It further states that small game and upland birds don't require a species license if your a resident. So, with only your hunting license, you're good to go and hunt grouse... If the season is open.

The synopsis is fairly straight forward, once you get the hang of it. To facilitate locating an answer to a question, just look up the time frame of the hunt (Before... During... After), in the Table of Contents, then read through the possibilities.

Now I have a couple of questions for ya.

- When does the season close (Grouse).
- What is the daily bag limit for them?
- What is the possession limit?

This would be for region 2.

Good luck!

Mr. Dean
11-08-2007, 05:53 PM
In parts of 2-4 and 2-8 (in the Fraser valley) you would also need a Fraser Valley special Hunting permit. You can get it for 10$ at any gun shop. It requires you have liability insurance before you can get this license. If in doubt check the regulations. The species licenses you need are all on page 10.

I forgot about that. Thanks.

Steeleco
11-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Get yourself the map they provide also. Very detailed info on where and what you can do and use. As it appears your quite new, a word of advice.

READ READ READ, the regs, it won't all come at once but read the rules for the are a your going and understand them. We've already had one newcomer get himself into some bother because he wasn't 100% clear on the rules. If you can't get your answers from your instructor, we're always here!!

Will
11-08-2007, 06:11 PM
... Big part of the CORE was/is to educate the students on how to use the symnopsis. I'd like to kick your instructor up the middle...
X2........

ICNDI
11-08-2007, 11:55 PM
Good stuff thanks to everyone that responded, much appreciated

Mr. Dean
11-16-2007, 02:04 AM
Now I have a couple of questions for ya.

- When does the season close (Grouse).
- What is the daily bag limit for them?
- What is the possession limit?

This would be for region 2.

Good luck!

ICNDI:

Hey Dude!!!

Don't just blow me off - C'mon, help me out will ya. :sad: :???:

hunter1947
11-16-2007, 05:09 AM
You can hunt grouse with your regular hunting licence in region two. Just make sure you take your daily quot ,look in the regs http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif