View Full Version : Sturgeon Fishing On The Fraser

ElectricDyck
07-30-2021, 12:13 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eEphNFdScs4&pp=sAQA

Subscribe! New video every friday🤙

Leaseman
07-30-2021, 01:15 PM
Fun times....!

Probably have caught thousands over the last 20+ year with family, friends and clients.

One hell of a workout for sure!

10' 4" is my best to date.....probably a mile from that location!:cool:

ElectricDyck
07-30-2021, 01:20 PM
Nice, thats a big one Leaseman! My best after starting a few years back is somewhere just under 8 feet...didnt have a tape with me and it was during freshet, so no good spot for pics or measuring....sure is a great easy way to.get some refuge from the city...

longrifle
07-30-2021, 02:34 PM
Nice work Electric! Back in my early sturgeon days I did a day on the river with Leaseman, lets just say he helped keep the fire alive! Managed to get into a place where I have a shop, so I picked up a used jet back in 2017. Its been fun for sure, now my kids have the bug!

'rifle

sako79
07-30-2021, 02:42 PM
Sturgeon fishing is one of my favorites. I have a 8hrs guided trip booked for Friday Aug 13 and for Aug 22. It's going to be awesome

REMINGTON JIM
07-30-2021, 06:17 PM
Is there a BEST time EG month for prime sturgeon fishing in the Fraser River ? RJ

bottles
07-30-2021, 06:32 PM
Awesome! Subscribed. Love sturgeon fishing, but it's been a while for me. I gotta get back out there.

Is there a BEST time EG month for prime sturgeon fishing in the Fraser River ? RJ

October/November when the salmon are dying. They feed heavy on those rotting carcasses.

REMINGTON JIM
07-30-2021, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=bottles;2270816]Awesome! Subscribed. Love sturgeon fishing, but it's been a while for me. I gotta get back out there.

October/November when the salmon are dying. They feed heavy on those rotting carcasses.[/QUOTE

Excellent I can make that work ! :smile: RJ

srupp
07-30-2021, 10:50 PM
Hmm fished with Leaseman on several occasions phenominal experiences..great guy knowledgeable river boat captain..knows sturgeon...and their sturgeon holes..
He's much more forgiving on bull moose..lol giving them a warning shot..giggle..
Cheers Buddy
Steven

DBM
07-31-2021, 08:34 AM
Looks like a great group of guys to be fishing with. They're into it but not taking it too serious.

ElectricDyck
07-31-2021, 09:42 AM
Ha ha yeah, good people for.sure, hard to take a catch and release fishery too seriously...I was sad they didnt get a pic of the biggest one we caught because I was too.rough grabbing the leader...

I think the best time to catch sturgeon is when you have time to go..we ve caught them through out the year..seem to have good luck in freshet tucking away on the side out of the main current..fun to watch picnic tables and boats float by lol

Keep.in mind anchoring in river and ocean is serious and people die every year, be safe!

Leaseman
08-03-2021, 02:50 PM

March April.....

August....September (better!), October can be wild! November too depending on the weather.

Leaseman
08-03-2021, 02:54 PM
Hmm fished with Leaseman on several occasions phenominal experiences..great guy knowledgeable river boat captain..knows sturgeon...and their sturgeon holes..
He's much more forgiving on bull moose..lol giving them a warning shot..giggle..
Cheers Buddy
Steven

Some stories are better left along....right buddy!? :shock: :oops: 8)

srupp
08-03-2021, 03:46 PM
Hmmm ok Brother..
Tap tap tap
Steven